1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NMB48 18th [Yokubomono] (2018/04/04)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 19, 2018.

1. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

What I love the most about keyakizaka is how they reinvented idol songs. I mean, the costumes, the whole military concept,choreography...it's something I have never seen before, like totally new.

The song doesn't sound NMBish (neither the pv) but more like an experiment with trendy things.
    Anyway, it's great seeing namba girls triying different concepts.

Waiting for them to upload the pv on youtube in order to watch it properly [hehe]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    This is beautiful and imo quite different from what Keyaki does.

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Thank you I was gunna pull this out too. Not everything K46 is doing, AKB hasn't done it before lol But K46 has surely reformed things and taking it to next level.

4. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I love the song and the mv, and I honestly thought even if it had edgy themes like Keyaki(I don’t think so and it’s been stated above about outfits, mv style, etc) it wasn’t copying or borrowing at all. It still feels NMBish to me, especially with Sayanee’s strong vocals coming out. I hope the team songs are just as good

5. htmfan

htmfan Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    Full MV on Youtube

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    :omfg::omfg::omfg:

Awesome!

7. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It's not catchy enough for me now.. But I think the off vocal would be good. Need time to grow.

For the PV, it's beautiful, but boring. Just like a B-side PV (typically similar to what Team N would deliver).

8. kml9772

kml9772 Kenkyuusei

Uh, another Sayanee and friends again. But, as long as the song is good, i like it. Yeay

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Yes, looks like a typical cheeap b-side's MV, but still good MV. I alos love song. Sayanee strong vocal as always awesome.

10. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Honestly, NMB shouldn't really release a "dance ver." when the dance takes most of the time in the original PV lol. I LOVE the verses and the bridge but the chorus kinda lacks the punch. Still a great song tbh, NMB did that again.

Not gonna lie, aside from Sayasus, Akarin actually did amazing in that PV. Girl nailed the facial expression to the T. Yeah, this is another Sayasus ft. another two front members + the rest type of MV.

11. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I suddenly have the urge to join the military after seeing that marching scenes :awesome:
    What's with the male vocal mixing anyway? it's like they're preparing us for the Yoshimotozaka46 coed thing:fear:

12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yea, song isn't really catchy or anything. Seems a little experimental (but NMB has done other experimental stuff in the past so nothing too new). It's really not a bad song, but probably not something I would have on repeat.

MV was pretty basic tho, but it's alright I suppose.

13. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I like the song....mv is okay-ish(?)
    Miorin looks great!

14. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    While on first listen, the song was kinda bland to me, but the music itself is so has so much depth (like I said, the instruments and everything) that I keep on listen to it over and over again just to focus on the music. I agree that the chorus should be stronger, but the melody of the whole song is good enough to carry this song for me lol. I kinda wanted them to take the military thing a bit further and showing why Sayanee is the only one left (did the others die? why is she alone? why is the place in ruin?)

Still better than Jabaja and Mushiki no Iro so I like it anyway

15. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    The song is nice, but probably their weakest Senbatsu track sicne Amagami Hime(?). I really like the concept of the PV though; it's like Sayanee leading her troops into battle, and/or a darker version of Team 8's "Ama Nojaku Batta" PV.
    But I really kept on thinking what everything would've looked like if this was either a Mirurun Center (she would've killed it, bird dance and all), or a short-haired Sayanee Center (idk why but I really wish her hair was short for this single).

16. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

The more I hear the song the better it sounds; I like the chorus part. The point here is that they were "brave" enough to make this a-side instead of b-side.

On the other hand, not many of them are shining in this pv, only sayanee(who does a phenomenal job)...or miru/youtuber (a little bit).

Let's wait for the team songs :blush:

17. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Yeah though I love Sayaka and all (and she looks gorgeous), the PV is pretty uninspiring. It could have been better but oh well.

I also honestly don't know what to feel about this song as of yet. I'm gonna wait till I see a live performance.
    I have a feeling I'll enjoy it more then. The song is definitely mixed and produced tonnes better than Boku Igai, so I do like it more than that.
    However, that tragic sounding intro was really cool at first, but I didn't quite fancy how they had it repeating throughout the WHOLE song xD

But I agree about the chorus. Somehow it's been stuck in my head after just a few listens.
    The lyrics content though is pretty adult & mature. There's no official translation yet, so I'm not gonna fully translate it or anything.
    But here's what it roughly gets at.

It talks about how people often hold themselves back from their own hopes and desires etc. As people don't want to get hurt, they find ways to just give up altogether. So instead of living a gloomy life like that, the song talks about running wild and freely embracing your inner desires. And that it'll be dumb to let sense and reason come in the way.

Then, the first chorus also asks: Have you ever wanted something so much that you grabbed and grasped so hard your nails left a trace behind? You have to find out the things that you want otherwise there's no point in living. So don't hesitate but go reach out your hand to DESIRESSS

There's also parts in the verses that talks about lies and deceit and if you ever have wanted to run away from conflict and discord by bringing in things like kindness and consideration. Then towards the end of the song, it talks about how humans have a nature where they keep seeking and seeking for more, and living by instinct. Be it sadness or joy, it's just one moment of satisfaction, desires that will never be satisfied.

In other words, it's probably alluding to how we'll always want more and more, and never be satisfied with what we have. Be it our lust, greed, inner passions or what not. Pretty morbid.

Welcome to the wota life

I mean I can see why they left a song with such a dark, heavy theme/nuance to Sayaka instead of any of the young uns lolol.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  18. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i'm not a big fan of the song
    the mv had too much Sayanee,it reminded me of a certain "46" group

19. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    I was waiting and waiting for a drop that never came. Kinda undewhelming.
    Sayaka voice tho as good as ever.

20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I totally love the song! Yes it's Keyaki-like but IMO so much better than that group's 2 most recent singles. (I seem to be losing interest in K46 recently but I'll definitely continue to be a fan of NMB48 with music like this.)