1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NMB48 18th [Yokubomono] (2018/04/04)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Naaruru

Naaruru Upcoming Girls

they have better vocal than keyaki's mass produced childish voice tho

2. trxsh

trxsh Member

So everything slightly dark and "cool" themed is Keyaki-style now? Keyaki did not invent cool concepts, lol.

Most Keyaki A-sides (and some B-sides) are a lot more catchy and impactful than this though.

3. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    ^

I think people are saying it's Keyaki style because of the army outfits & soldier-like choreography

4. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Typical Mokugekisha, not keyakish.

5. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    While i did get a "keyaki vibe" from the outfits, the song doesn't scream keyaki to me at all, and neither does the dance imo. Yeah this is a military theme, but keyaki are more "eccentric idols" that just so happen to be cool, NMB is a general idol that can pull off cool concepts. I couldn't see Keyaki performing this song, just as I can't see NMB performing Glass wo Ware or Mou Mori. Don't see the need to compare them or put down the other group like the user a couple posts above me just did, tbh.

I LOVE this MV. Would have been nice to get some more ad-libs in the last chorus to enhance the song a little more, and the choreography could have shown more than army marches, but overall it's solid. That dance scene focused on Sayanee doing the chest bumps was SO cool lmao I had to take a moment to breathe. :^O^: I was very disappointed to see them backtrack and pick Sayanee as a center when the senbatsu as announced, but seeing this MV, the center could have only been her, so I'm happy with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

At first listen I actually hate it. It's boring, doesn't grab me into it at all. I really hope it will grow on me. Sayanee is gorgeous though.

7. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Someone I would really LOVE to see centering this song in a performance would be Yuuri. Like with the few shots that we got with her from the MV already showed that she's capable of pulling this song off.
    Also the Japanese YouTube comment are complimenting how NMB can pull off so many different concepts and they're hoping that when people see how different Yokubomono is from Warota People, people would grow interested in the girls.

8. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ This. I agree.

I don't get any Keyaki vibe at all, I even think this is absolutely NMB.. And I love it.

9. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    NMB always deliver best single among 48g, imo. I like the song. Agree that it's quite have Keyaki's vibe. The army style. But that's all.

Center focus MV isnt new thing for NMB. They start it earlier than Keya, actually. not only by choreo and screentime, but also Sayanee sing most lines.

10. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Everything about Glass wo Ware screams NMB. I'm kinda disappointed. Not saying, that because it's a rock song with probably some deep meaning to it. I know Keyaki does that on the occasional(?) basis. And I always love it. But... I mean come one... the rock song thing with a cool guitar solo in the bridge, the lyrics about breaking the rules of conformity to have personal freedom, the MV with a derelict industrial setting, burning barrels and abandoned cars in the background, the massive screentime of the center, the whole rebellious concept... the costumes where the center wears a red jacket while the others wear black ones. x.x
    Doesn't mean I don't like it- I'm just disappointed. But I think it just made me lose interest in Keyakizaka :/ If I want NMB, I watch NMB. It's not like they're lacking new releases.

Hmm. I guess it is a matter of opinion cos I could see NMB doing Glass no Ware, so long as you choose the right girls. Who knows, Sayanee might even play and sing it at a solo stage like she did with Kaze ni.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I know you're pointing to Punkish, the one released before Keyaki started their audition :)

12. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

NMB48 18th Single (Yokubomono) 4th round HS results
    rank. (prev. rank.) sold slots/total slots (+change) member name (sold out status)

01. (01.) 35/35 (+00) Yamamoto Sayaka (1st round sold out)
    02. (02.) 21/35 (+06) Shiroma Miru

Total: 56/728 (+6 since 3rd round) [7.7%]
    Team N: 35/238 (+0) [14.7%]
    Team M: 21/259 (+6) [8.1%]
    Team BII: 0/231 (+0) [0%]
    110/732 (-54) last single (increase/decrease over 17th single 4th round)

13. Nelke

Nelke Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takita Kayoko

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Team BII “Saji wo Nageru na!” short version MV

14. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Wow their treatment to Fuuchan surprises me. I thought they would take her out from senbatsu & put Yuuri as the center of BII

15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Fuu-chan got to center two B-sides before her graduation and have that duet with Miru. They're really treating her well considering she wasn't like super popular. I'm quite pleased how they're handling her since she was always lumped with Miru and Miru was quite ahead of her.

I didn't like the song tho...I feel really bad for BII. I didn't like their last song either. Their songs have gone downhill for me lol. Team M always delivers tho. Team N usually does well too. Just BII is iffy for me with their songs lol. Everyone looked really nice tho in the MV. Yuuri looks amazing with her short hair.

16. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    welp the song sounded okay but that MV was weeiiirrddd. Yuuri looked amazing in that MV so I can't really complain much lol

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    LOL Short ver. MV from NMB always so~ long LOL Song OK, MV BAD!

18. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

I'm the only one uhuh who thinks uhuh the song is catchy uhuh? :XD:

[​IMG]
    Not a masterpiece but still enjoyable. BII songs are usually like this [hehe]

19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

This kind of mindset is one of reason why Osaka management is arguably one step ahead than the Tokyo one.

The song too wacky though lol. So bad it so lulz.:D

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

wow short version MV from NMB is quite long lol :worthy::worthy: