Single NMB48 18th [Yokubomono] (2018/04/04)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 19, 2018.

1. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    I stopped seeing Sayanee as a Senbatsu Center when the 3rd album came out, so it feels really weird to see her back in the position. I wonder if a) she's gonna graduate soon, b) she's gonna run in Sousenkyo, and, c) what Mirurun did to be taken away from the Center, when it seemed like NMB was regaining their momentum with new(ish) faces.

2. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    ^
    Rather than graduation or running in SSK, I feel like it's probably something that are taking a risk on, and because of that, it could only be Sayaka. Like there could be many possibilities on what that risk is, but it's probably not a summer song or super idoly cause they wouldn't have to bring Sayaka back as center just for that. It's probably either:

(a) Some weird-ass experimental shizz they don't know how people will respond to like Kamonegix
    (b) A really dancey track
    (c) A song that Sayaka had a hand in composing, so they wanted her to center it (Least likely but still a possibility)
    (d) All of the above

I mean this is only my own speculation, and it's too early to really say anything. So I guess we'll see what comes out of this. I didn't think Sayaka would take the center role again after the two releases last year, so I was surprised as well tbh. But it's Sayaka after all who loves NMB more than anyone else, so I'm sure it'll be a great product nevertheless. Anyway, on that note, crosspost from Sayaka's thread but here's a translation of Sayaka's tweet on the new NMB single and being chosen as center.

Source: https://twitter.com/SayakaNeon/status/966153917313597441

[​IMG]

3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I wonder if Sayaka has enough say in NMB to reject a center position? Feels like she's at a stage in her career where she can just be like, "Nah, i don't wanna do that". She's the most popular member in the whole group and has been doing really well as a solo-artist.

Still, I agree with what some are saying that this single might have a tie-in for something or it's "weird" and Sayaka has enough credit to make it work regardless.

4. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Some Japanese fans have said that she has a lot of sway with NMB management and that they listen to her opinions and thoughts. Not sure where they got their info from though.

5. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I don't see what the big deal is about Sayaka centering.

The last few singles have almost proven that centering doesn't really increase exposure or bestows more opportunity. Heck, even senbatsu doesn't do that anymore. Only Akarin has really gotten more opportunity for the group as a whole and that is more through her own work on YouTube. At least with Sayaka she already gets plenty of appearances on mainstream TV.

With 48/46 the market seems oversaturated 10 times over and thus you really gotta ball hard to get somewhere.

Fuu and Lemon being in is very odd, though. I don't know about Lemon but Fuu isn't going to be doing any events, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to slot them out for 2 other girls for the handshake boost. (Arguably Aapon being out is calculated to boost handshake sales and energize the rowdy Aapon fanbase.)

Strangely I think Cocochan would be the next best center candidate. I feel like she has Acchan-like charisma in that she has a certain special charm that somehow boosts those surrounding her.

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Probably the after-effect of AKS restructurization in early 2017. We've seen "Member-produced stage", some MC talk about member deciding their own setlist for concert or seitansai, etc.

But Sayanee being there on 5th gen audition still takes the top cake.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Let's hope it includes another catchy Queentet song. 'Which One' was a hit and I think fans are gonna want another one.

@convenience93
    Maybe we can hope for a Sayaka-composed team N song again who knows. But another good strong dance number for the main song would be awesome. And speaking of awesome, you are awesome for all the translations you have done. Once again and many times over thanks so much!

Yeah nogi and keyaki are incredibly popular and their members feature so heavily in the media. It's getting harder and harder for 48 groups to compete. Who else but Sayaka can keep up with them?

8. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Sayaka is more popular than any 1 member of 48/46
    Sashihara is more well known but Sayaka is definitely more popular.

9. maman

maman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SR, KH
    isn't more well know by people mean more popular or that's different, cause i think sayaka is 3rd (or maybe 4th) most popular member in 48 groups (only be beaten by sasshi (1st) and yukirin (2nd) and maybe jurina), CMIIW

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    No, Chicken Pox is pretty well known but I don't think its very popular.

11. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Can I hope this single will be the hit one,seeing how the 46 going,48G seems declining so much

12. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Rhetorical question, isn't it? [hehe]
    Well, eventhough we might have a dull song, Sayanee will never make us down.. I love all of the A-side centered by Sayanee. She's a good center, so I don't know why we're too idealistic about the new NMB thing. Sayanee hasn't graduated yet. Duh.

But I agree for Fuuchan and Lemon to be replaced by the others (especially Fuu)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  13. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I'm hoping to see another Boku Igai no Dareka. I love that single so much. Even something like Warota People is good. Tbh I think NMB has the best music lately. But aside from being surprised that Sayanee being back to the Center position after all the "new aces" boosting from NMB management, I generally really like seeing Sayanee as the Center. Hell, I think she's the best fit member to be the Center of 48G after all. And with Keyaki only boosting Techi, I think it's kinda wise for NMB to boost Sayaka to compete with them too

14. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Yeah I loved Boki Igai too. It and 'Must be Now' are both such cool and dynamic songs/MVs/dances. I always thought NMB was so awesome for doing this kind of style, and Sayanee really fits the image. Well all the girls hit it well to be honest. Maybe one problem with them doing this style again is some of the girls in this senbatsu. Not to put her down or anything because she's adorable and a much loved senpai to the girls, but most people wouldn't exactly associate Fresh Lemon with powerful dancing and cool vibes lol. And could Cocona handle such a dance? (tbh I don't know anything about her except she's really young). Oh well we will have to wait and see, but yeah anything catchy will still be great.
    Yeah it is such a shame Sayanee has never centered a major AKB single, considering her popularity and talent. Some people have said AKS has never let an NMB member center a major AKB single because the group is not managed by AKS. Or maybe they just expected her to eventually go solo, so maybe they thought there was no point. Who knows.

I'm no expert or anything, but I'd have to disagree. Look at Shiraishi Mai - her photobook has sold over 250,000 copies (and is still selling), and she is on a heck of a lot of billboards, magazine covers, tv ads, etc. In any case, I was just going along with what joooooooooe was saying.

She's definitely more popular than Jurina and Yukirin.

15. maman

maman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SR, KH
    hmm okay, i don't really know about most of the 48 groups member (including yukirin, jurina, and sayanee):confused:. i got that news in some of other forum news about 48 group too. and the only member i know really and maybe most popular in general public is sasshi (even though i think she's not really loved by management or 48 group fans), don't really know about the others who i think really loved by 48 group fans (just like yukirin, jurina, or sayanee). thanks for your opinion @tzatziki2, i respect that.:)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  16. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    None of us are experts and unless we had an unbiased poll of Japanese citizens then this discussion point is honestly not worth pursuing.

I have no idea what goes on in 46 world and I'd rather not comment lest I invite the ire of their fans but the world of pop music is really fickle. The last real big hits of 48 were Heavy Rotation, KFC, and 365nichi so it goes without saying that we can only hope. You can tell that NMB tried really hard to make Warota People a viral phenomenon and it just didn't work.

17. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I don’t know where you got these from lol. Sasshi is at a point where she doesn’t need management love. Senbatsu position is guaranteed for sure (front row for HKT and front/second row for AKB), outside jobs are plentiful, and if Sasshi wants, she will get one center for AKB every year (SSK). Sasshi started receiving push almost immediately after she joined because of her ranks in SSK and climbing to 9th and 4th in her 3rd and 4th participation respectively. At the time when Sasshi was 9th, she had her scandal and was eventually transferred a little after ranking 4th. If not, I wouldn’t be surprised if management took advantage and pushed Sasshi real hard. To this day, I still believe that “punishing” her for her scandal by moving her to HKT is still a push lol. At least better than so many other girls who were forced to graduate, kicked out, or demoted *cough cough*

As for being liked or not by 48G fans, sure, not everyone may love her but it’s undoubtable that she made her way up in the 48G world with her own (rich) fanbase which we all respect. Sasshi also has a great sense of variety skills and leadership to get HKT to where they are right now.

I didn’t think I would get to a point where I would be talking good things and defending her, considering that I disliked her a lot up :’)

18. maman

maman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SR, KH
    Thank you for your information and nice to see your reply.
    i want to say once again with more detail, i don't really know anything about most 48 groups news/info cause i'm new here and i start to followed 48 groups several months after last sousenkyo (if i remember correctly, between october-november). so correct me if i'm wrong:):);).
    And i remember, cause this thread is about nmb new single, i think not fair if i continue to discuss about sasshi or anything beside nmb new single any longer.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  19. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I think popular according to @zeroshiki is like well-liked whereas well-known is like people knows her. More people may know Sasshi and Maiyan but I sure as hell don't like any of them.

20. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Maiyan is looked up to by many teenage girls as a fashion icon lol. Just because you don’t like her doesn’t mean she’s well known and not popular.