1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NMB48 18th [Yokubomono] (2018/04/04)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That is basically the end game of the 48G these days though.

Every position, center, senbatsu, unit... is made to push girls towards the election.
    And the results are mostly taken into account for the following year: Ogiyuka and Hinatan centering NGT singles, for example and their inclusion in AKB senbatsu.

Sad, but it is what it is.

2. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I mean, Sayanee is a lovely center but they are flip-flopping a little with the push of the other girls... I expected the Mirurun push to intensify.

3. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    She has consistently been featured in media senbatsu in AKb. That's pretty good IMO. I'm sure Sayanee will step down for the next single. I don't mind seeing her as a center every 2-3 singles. She is (arguably) the most popular 48 member right now, second after Sasshi

4. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

You have to wish for really big, bad things happened on it for everything to change, I must say.

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its a foreign community thing though. The election result is given super big importance but its not what everyone thinks of 24/7
    No one in the Japanese community goes "oh Miru is center so now I'm sure she will rank top 10 in the election"
    Its more like,
    Hardcore fans: oh shit she's center, it will be embarrassing if we don't get her top 10
    Light fans: \(^o^)/
    Antis: Haha, the NMB center is not even Kami7

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Damn right. Also explain why foreign fandom, consisted with mostly lights and negs, are deteriorating faster than domestic community does. Because core fandom are what keeping the SSK running. Maybe the brand too.

7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I'll give you an example. Momoka never ranked in the election. Everyone loves/d Momoka and I think we can all safely say she was one of the more popular NMB members. She never cared for the election, her fans never cared and neither did management. In the end, none of it mattered for her since she was able to find her niche and be successful in it.

Do you think there was ever any thought of "Hey, Momoka was unranked last election, we can't give her this great Priority song"

8. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

That's more than what Milky ever got.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Personally, I would like to keep her away from those blasted SSK mindset talk. She had seen the light and managed to stay away from it until graduation. So yeah...

Out of curiousity, is Momoka core fanbase still stayed in NMB community?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  10. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    It's really not. I don't see how you can draw that conclusion, just looking at 2016 when Sayaka was the center for Boku Igai and did not enter the election.

The fact that you can opt out of the election despite being a top member makes it even more doubtful that this is the ultimate goal.

I can't look at the senbatsu 5th gen for this single and think that Cocona, Momorun, Aayan, and Reichan were selected for their sousenkyo potential, though I think they are all rising stars in their own way. It makes even less sense considering the NMB song on the jabajbjabjabjabjbajbja single for AKB has Maokyun.

11. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Not sure about the hardcore ones but I'm pretty sure the casual fans all left with her and/or stayed for Sayaka/Akarin.

This argument only makes sense if the end-goal is actually the election. I don't think even the most hardcore election supporter/fanboy ever thinks this. Everyone, from Sasihara/Mayuyu fans to KKS fans, sees the election as a means to an end. If your only goal in life is to get a good position in a weird popularity contest, you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

12. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Ms Jurina says hi.

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Ahhhh....unfortunate yet expected.

Afterall, who else them casuals will stay for? Renapyon? Mizuta Shiori? :p

14. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I feel like there aren't many people who transition to other members have selecting an oshimen

Perhaps that is a fault of the group

15. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Well the thing is... NMB kinda like did practically nothing last year. Just one album... I'd say it's hard to even keep fans interested..

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Aaaaaaaaaaalright, maybe not every move is SSK related, but it still influences many of the decisions, either from management or the girls themselves.

I know NMB doesn't have the best track record of doing well in the SSK, but Akarin ranking in senbatsu had no consequences for her in the following year?
    She was media senbatsu for 11gatsu and centers her own unit in NMB.

Same goes for Milky, who basically left because she saw that no matter how high she'd rank (12th in her last SSK) she wasn't anymore in management's good book.

I think there is a clear correlation between management support and results in the biggest cash grab of the year (as long as management actually likes the girl).

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  17. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Which is strange, because they've been at handshake events and two shots all year. Ain't that right, mothership?

"Media senbatsu" doesn't mean anything anymore. It did when they were the only girls that would be marketed on media. Now every girl is on every media in every group. Plus it doesn't explain Yuuri getting into the past AKB single and not Akarin.

For one, this disproves your own point (Milky left because high SSK yet no management support? Aren't you making the opposite claim that management support IS for SSK?) and for two there was never any clear reason given as to why she left in the first place. She was mired in two major scandals, and she also saw her own handshake sales slip as she seemed to no longer act like a huge fisher/tsurishi and starting becoming more of a troll.

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Thats a weird way to describe 2 summer concerts, an arena tour and an Asia tour. I'm sure fans of every other group would love to do "nothing".

• Like Like x 1
  19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I can answer this one. Akarin SSK rank is the consequence as well. Her cause of popularity is something else.
    In contrary, Aapon being the highest jumper in one year earlier is the cause. It's coming from her core fansvote. With the cause having less impact at the following year, the consequence follow.
    It comes eventually.
    (Insert tsundere post)

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    So, before the Senkyo last year, they did a New Years special for Genkai Toppai where Fuuchan and Yuzuha went around Osaka randomly asking around for people who had the same name as NMB members. It was pretty bad, Yuzu started crying because everyone was just ignoring her, but of the people that were nice enough to answer their questions, there was this one girl who said something that left a strong impression on me. They asked her if she knew of NMB and she said no, but oh yeah, she knew who Yoshida Akari was because she watched her makeup videos.

This is how Akarin got popular. People who didn't know or even care to know about NMB, they know her because she's pretty and does these makeup videos on Youtube that girls like to watch to pick up tips. Nowhere in any of that was the election mentioned or even hinted at.