1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NMB48 26th single [Koi to Ai to Sono Aida ni wa] - (2022/02/23)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Nov 3, 2021.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Gives me strong Influencer vibes? o_O (choreography and style of course, not the song)
    Unexpected, but makes me very curious!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I like the sound and style of MV but... It's absolutely not suit for girls with kind of Loly-vibe. Cocona, Rei and especially Keito. Management need to let her go... She is absolutely no interest for anyone. Her popularity is below many newcomers (SNS, matome etc. even here).
    Wakapon, Kojirin and Shibuya looks stunning!

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    2nd MV teaser:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 6
  5. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the members faces in the background... Looks pretty weird imo, but I love the NMB sign at the end! It's looking a little low budget but I hope they get creative with it and blow me away. The song however seems just up my alley so I'm excited for it!

6. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    NMB and weirdness are just inseparable lmao remember how random Boku wa Inai cover was?
    But yeah I agree that they did not need to show members' faces on background like that.

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    YT date for Premiere

[Premieres in 6 days
    February 16, 5:00 AM (PDT)]

10 minutes ago

unnamed.jpg

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    But seriously, what is the difference between koi and ai in Japanese? I thought both of them mean love

9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    First: it's a noun. Koi - generalized concept of love. Ai - more deeper and if you want to say in romantic way you would use only Ai. Also as I heard if you talk about not yours feeling you could use Koi.

also google said: Ai. While "ai" has the same meaning as "koi," it also has a definition of a general feeling of love. "Koi" can be selfish, but "ai" is a real love. ... Another slight different between the two emotions is that "koi" is always wanting and "ai" is always giving.

Also HS results of 4th round: http://nmb48-mtm.com/archives/56454442.html

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    It'd be better if those big faces could be more high-res or, like, not combined from several display boards lol
    But I'd still like it if they would play something interesting like in Imifu. That's the first thing I thought of upon seeing the teaser. [hehe]

I'd say 'koi' means only romantic love and sounds more dreamy but could sound more shallow compared to 'ai', which covers all types of love and sounds more deep.
    There are some differences in collocation too. For example 'to fall in love' or 'to be in love' are usually 'koi wo suru' or 'koi wo shiteiru', while 'I love you' (on a 'deeper' level than 'suki da') would be 'aishiteru'. (Usually 'suki da' or 'suki desu' would be enough for a confession though. 'Aishiteru' could be overkill depending on the specific situation. [hehe])

The explanation in this Japanese article is quite detailed:
    • Dictionary definition of 'koi': 1) romantic love; 2) (in ancient poetry only) love for land, plants and nature
    • Dictionary definition of 'ai': 1) love for one's family and living things; 2) romantic love; 3) fondness for a certain thing, e.g. love towards art; 4) impersonal love, e.g. love for humanity; 5) (in Christianity) Love of Christ, love your neighbour as yourself, etc.; 6) (in Buddhism) worldly attachments that prevent you from achieving nirvana
    • In the context of romantic love, 'koi' is more like 'fancy' while 'ai' is more like 'affection'.
    • One of the celebrity quotes cited in the article is 'Koi is self-centred; Ai is other-centred' by Miwa Akihiro. That's a personal interpretation but would coincide with @STS's finding.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  12. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    • Like Like x 1
  13. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    This song remind me old AKB stages' sound :cute: Even better than I thought :inlove:
    (Mod note: removed dead video link)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Well... as I said this song is so~ good. Choreo and costumes also looks great. Love it!!! :inlove:
    But MV... meh... :gavel:

16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I just watched the MV and I think the song is pretty good! I like their clothes in the dancing part and the choreography looks really cool. I didn't really find the MV that bad but I guess they could have done something better yes... but the girls look good, I just wish the editing was different because it often cut too fast :/ This would have been better if Cocona wasn't graduating ;_; it just feels sad watching a new MV while knowing that this is the last for one of the centers... ah well ._. I hope they'll perform it in a music show!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    The song is very very good, the choreography fits the song so well. But the MV....meh I hate it, low-budget MV...ahh it would have been a fantastic era with a cool MV just like NMB48 had done before. Cocona and Rei did great with center positions (that 557’aura OMG) so sad to think that 557 will leave soon.
    There’s another problem that both centers and some more senbatsu members are infected with COVID-19. It will take at least a week for them to recover and active again. So unfortuantely, I hope it wouldn’t affect much on the promotion.

18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Have to agree with the aboves.
    It looks like a dance version MV

19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13