1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Album NMB48 3rd [Namba Ai ~Ima, Omou Koto~] (2017/08/02)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by oscar6262, Jun 7, 2017.

1. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    This might be a bit general, but it's really weird to me that despite all the "IT TAKES TIME TO MAKE NEW STAGES AND SINGLES" talk about those being delayed and HKT not even having their first album yet, we have NMB with a third album, three years after Ibiza Girl (2014), which was one year after Teppen Tottande! (2013).

I mean albums require a bundle of original songs apparently, I get that, but the album releases for sister groups seem to be all over the place. SKE had to fill their second album with every single they've made since it had been five years since Kono Hi no Chime. NMB got an original stage in 2013. SKE last got a new stage in 2011, HKT still doesn't have one. But somehow there's enough new NMB-material for a third album? (I didn't think the second one was necessary one year after the first one, either, if this was the second album I wouldn't feel as weird about it.) After a variety of no-new-singles-periods (11 months since SKE's last one, 6 months since NMB's, HKT's was this spring) suddenly all sister groups have a summer single coming out at the same time? Do the 48G branches communicate with one another at all? I highly doubt it'll help sales to push two singles and an album at the same time, and I'm assuming here that if NMB's doing an album they'll have a main song that'll be used everywhere like Ibiza Girl was.

Sales come from singles and albums, not stages, I know, but come on, can't we have stuff spread around the year instead of a year of nothing and then BOOM EVERYONE GETS A NEW SAME-THEMED THING AT THE EXACT SAME TIME? Is the solution to people complaining about a lack of bikinis really to throw 2-3 bikini singles at them in one summer? SSK was last week, not even die-hard 48G-fans will magically make a ton of money appear right after what's already established as the most money-consuming single of the entire year, plus phone club memberships and other voting methods.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about new material, I'd just like more spread to it.

...NMB having a second bikini-album (referring to Ibiza Girl/the last album here) isn't raising my hopes, though. NMB's had a bunch of more dramatic and dance-based songs lately, just feels weird that I'll be listening to Amagamihime or Must Be Now and Boku Igai from an album that's probably bright-colored and covered in bikinis and summer stuff. SKE's album isn't brightly-colored but its main song is Natsu yo, Isoge! and right after they have a summer bikini single. Feels like all the summer songs might be equally generic and getting mixed up with one another in a really bad way this year. Not counting on NMB getting an Utsukushii Imazuma -style summer song at this point. :glare:

2. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Isn't NMB known for their bikini singles?? Most (if not all) of NMB's bikini PVs somehow always made it to the Japanese iTunes chart.

And as for all groups releasing same-themed singles at the same time, what about when AKB SKE NMB released bikini singles around the same time?? (Managu-Aishiteraburu-Nagiichi). And although not the same style, SayoKuro-Inazuma-BnE

3. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I'll admit right away that I haven't been a fan who keeps track of things before 2013. :^^;: But with both of those cycles, and especially the SayoKuro-Inazuma-BnE one you can tell the songs apart, they have different themes and styles. Nowadays though...NMB gets Dorian Shonen and the durian fruit, SKE gets a mango song and mangos, is HKT doing bananas? (Wait, Go Bananas! was a coupling song, nevermind.)

Looking at the singles this year (and we don't know what HKT's doing yet so they might be having a fall single, but they announced it now):

SKE: New gen center - bikinis - summer
    NMB: Post-Sayanee NMB center/push/best SSK rank - bikinis - summer
    HKT: New gen center push - if it's not a summer single then they announced a fall/winter single SUPER early

SKE's got a fairly standard idol summer song coming, we've already seen it performed so it's not a mystery. But these three releases are already having a number of things in common, so unless mgmt suddenly decides that NMB gets a Must Be Now Bikini Edition and/or HKT pulls an Inazuma (possible, but would it work for HKT? Make Noise was good but definitely not something HKT would have as a main single.) I don't see a whole lot of new twists or takes or surprises coming. SayoKuro was more like Boku wa Inai with its subject, Inazuma was a summer club dance type and BnE had the Castaway desert island PV. SKE's doing the "A-cup center with fruits" single this year. NMB had, almost in a row, three (two of them dance-heavy) songs about leaving the old and searching for the new thing to do (Must Be Now, Boku wa Inai, Boku Igai no Dareka). Not enthusiastically waiting for NMB to shock or be very memorable this year, but one can hope I guess. :flower:

4. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I bet they'll postpone this one to mid or late August because of HKT's 10th Single (which was announced 'officially' before NMB does).
    Whether in 16th or 23rd of August (except they wanted to overlap it with Nogi on August 9th, like SKE and Keya's overlap).

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    The latest FLASH magazine cover confirms what everyone knows.

a0c90c68.jpg

Album Lead Song (not a single) Solo Center for Miru.

6. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I love Miru and her bikini.

7. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    They all look so cute, I can't wait to see the songs on this album and the lead song

8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Looks like it's been officially announced. The Lead Song is Titled [Masaka Singapore] [まさかシンガポール].

The Unis for the song.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  9. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    when they have 3 tour in asia but my country isnt 3 of them

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  11. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

The outfits reminds me of Boku wa Inai / Cattleya no Hana wo Miru Tabi ni Omoidasu / Heart no Dokusenken, i listened to the song on IG very catchy!

12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Singapore being sketchy lately apparently...I look forward to the lyrics of this song lol~

13. jnam12

jnam12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    I agree with you very much on this. Tbh, I think this has to do with the change overall with Shinobu getting replaced as overall creative director for AKB, and I know NMB is more like a "half sister group" due to Yoshimoto BUT, all sister groups revolve around AKB's calendar and direction. Hosoi I'm guessing wants to play it safe to keep the main fanbase for now, because Shinobu really was stretching out 48's possibilities (not a bad thing, but didn't exactly turn out perfect).

Lol this album is similar to what happened to Ibiza Girl, my suspicion is this was supposed to be a single, but its seems sketch the 3 older sister groups are releasing around the same quarter. I SEE BIG CHANGES IN 48 SOON! But I'm happy this is an album, its about time to put wrap up those 5 singles.

OHHHH Singapore!! wow I'm loving this song already, just need to hear it and see these album covers. The costumes are alright... just alright. I'm so curious how this song will be tbh, because NMB has been really into the serious concept of late, I really can't imagine, even Boku Wa Inai was pretty serious. OK tbh Amagami and Boku Wa Inai have been my favourite kind of NMB, but that hasn't been selling neither has been Dareka or Must be Now!, So I'm gonna guess this will be a Durian Shonen style song, very very classic. Excited for the album songs though, and the title of the album, NMB's album titles for the last two were pretty creative.

@Konno A. lolol loving ur comment (also props to Ontario!...lol sorry I had to give some home province love)

14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    quick sum up
    • Album still untitled
    • 5 types
    • songs from singles: Rashikunai, Don't look back !, Durian shounen, Must be now, Amagami Hime, Boku wa inai, Boku igai no dareka.
    • Team songs

And Somethnig I'm not completly sure
    Solos for Shiroma, unit with Yamamoto Ayaka, Jonishi Rei, Umeyama Kokona, Yamada Suzu, Iwata Momoka. (I'm not completly sure about the kks girls)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2093195/full/
    http://news.nmb48.com/release/20170627/210056.html

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  15. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    6 solo songs? 5 of them are new members? Ayaka, not surprised.. they're really pushing her... the rest though

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    thx, I fixed my own post.

17. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    OMG LOVE IT! Mirurun & Yuuri 1st row, now I can die in peace:worthy::worthy::worthy:

18. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Singapore sounds like Maenomeri to me.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    These title names lol

SKE single: Igai ni Mango

NMB album: Masaka Singapore

HKT single: ???

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    HKT single: Kore ga Bataa ja nai Nante Shinjirarenai!