1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Audition NMB48 7th generation audition thread

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Jan 1, 2020.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    As far as I can tell, unlike the recent auditions by SKE and STU this one will not be fans' selection. Such a shame, I think those are a great idea to see which girls are liked by fans before signing them on but I guess NMB's management prefers to do things differently. I hope we get some good ones nevertheless, D3 and 6th generations are pretty strong so there's gonna be a lot of rivalry.

3. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I was personally not a big fan of either of the 3 auditions where fan voting was used (D3, STU 2nd, SKE 10th).
    The first one seemed like they didn't really know how to actually run it so the girls spent like 3 months doing SR. Then during the vote itself you had those strange "well she says she'd only go to AKB but maybe she'd consider going to HKT, just saying". Then absolute majority of the girls got picked so it was quite awkward to those who didn't, and also a bit "why did we even go through all of this".
    The second one was nicely done, but (I wrote this before) in the end it either heavily depended on SR which was not fair to many girls, or it didn't and then it was suspicious.
    The third one was terrible from start to end so I'm not even gonna say anything:twisted:

I thought the standard SR "auditions" were fine enough, especially when SKE 9th (?) showed that they had no problems ditching all the top SR girls so it wasn't straight money game (and also we wouldn't have had someone like Aoumi Hinano if 9th were run the same way as 10th). NMB is the only group who never did even the SR auditions but I'm ok with that. Lately they seem to be pretty good at giving the new gens proper attention.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Well, the way SKE did 10th gen auditions was pretty messy. I get the idea of using codes from CDs to vote cause it brings in some money, but the terms were just so unclear. I think STU's was done really well though, and I'd love it if that became the standard. The only thing I wish they did was to upload a video of the girls singing and/or dancing (like they did with D3s), that way we could judge the girls' performance potential as well and not just SR abilities. I'm sure some girls would get in even if they performance level was bad if they made up for it with SR, but it would still be nice to be able to tell.

As for D3 and most of the girls getting in, I still don't think it was pointless as fans at least got to decide who goes where (I do think that for girls who wrote "AKB only" or similar draft kaigi is not the best way to join, they should just wait for regular auditions but for many of them it was just a preference and they were actually willing to go elsewhere as well, plus there is also specific teams they were drafted to and not just group). One thing I would change about that is that if the same girl is drafted by several teams/groups, that she would get to pick which one she wants rather than being chosen by lottery. I know some girls were picked by several teams including their preferred one and ended up going to one they didn't want based on lottery, which is quite sad. For example Watanabe Akari who if I recall correctly said she could only go to AKB and put Team A as her preferred team and got picked by both A and H, only for H to end up winning her. It ended up working out for her since she probably got more attention there than she would in A or anywhere in AKB, but depending on the circumstances (her family etc.) she might have to reject it and end up losing her spot because of it which would be so disappointing.

Sorry this got a bit offtopic, after all this is NMB audition thread :^^;:

5. irontech

irontech Next Girls

NMB48 YT channel, in conjunction with their 7th Gen Recruitment, has released a special interview with 1st Gen Yoshida Akarin. In the interview, she was asked some questions, which I'm not able to understand, but did a Google translate of the video description.( it might not be accurate )

The NMB48 Management Secretariat will hold the "NMB48 7th Audition"!
    In recruiting the 7th semester, we interviewed active NMB48 members.
    How did you get auditioned? 良 い What is good about NMB48? What's the hard part?
    Could it be helpful for anyone interested in auditioning? ?
    Let's enliven NMB48, celebrating its 10th anniversary this year! We look forward to your application! !

★ The application guidelines are as follows.
    Women between the ages of 11 and 22 as of February 7, 2020. No experience required.
    Those who can make an exclusive affiliation contract with NMB48 affiliated company at the time of passing.
    * Those who do not belong to other productions at the time of application. Person who can go to NMB48 theater on a daily basis and be active

★ Application deadline
    WEB application: Friday, February 7, 2020 23:59:59
    By mail: Must arrive by Friday, February 7, 2020

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Quick translation (not word-for-word, just the main points):

1. At what age did you audition for NMB?
    I auditioned at 13 years old and entered at 14 years old.
    2. What was the reason you took NMB audition?
    I admired showbiz world since a long time ago and participated in several auditions. I auditioned for NMB because my friend said let's audition and I said that I don't want to be an idol but I changed my mind and auditioned.
    3. Tell us NMB's good points.
    There are many good points. First of all, members get along well and support each other at all times. There are many cheerful and interesting/funny girls and it's fun to spend time together. You can grow as an individual, in my case I also do Youtube. If you have something you want to do the staff will adapt to you and support you which I'm very thankful for.
    4. What's do you think is difficult thing about NMB idols?
    How transient/passing it is. Everyone worries about kohai and so on, and we have to experience many different things. I think of being an idol as a stepping stone to what you want to do in the future. It's difficult to discover what you want to do, but you can discover it by experiencing various things. (to be honest I'm not exactly sure about this one, I might have got it wrong)
    5. What kind of 7th gens do you want?
    I want a congestion of characters. There are many different members already, but it would be nice if there were even more interesting girls.
    6. A message to people who are thinking of auditioning?
    I often hear about people worrying about whether to audition, but I think if it's something you worry about you should definitely audition. If you don't try to audition, you won't know what it's like and you won't know the results so I think it's important to have courage to try and audition rather than thinking too much about the results. You can make one step toward your dream so I want people who worry about it to audition. I want to do activities together with the people watching this so I'm waiting for you to audition.

• Like Like x 5
  7. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Thank you for doing this translation for the benefit of non-Japanese native members.

8. nambawan48

nambawan48 Kenkyuusei

Thank you for translating it! :)

I think the management interviewed some old generation of NMB members, I'm looking forward the next members ^^

9. irontech

irontech Next Girls

@nambawan48 ... seems like your intuition has come true.

Another interview posted on NMB YT Channel.

I believe they asked the same questions to her as with Akarin.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Some of them are the same, some are different. Another quick translation.

1. At what age did you audition for NMB?
    At 12 years old.
    2. What was the reason you took NMB audition?
    I was learning to dance and was looking for somewhere I could dance. My mother's friend told me there was a NMB audition, so I decided to try and take it.
    3. What was the reason you started learning to dance?
    I admired Koda Kumi, so I wanted to dance sexily and that's how I started dancing.
    4. Tell us a reason you're glad you joined NMB.
    I was bad at standing in front of people. Even at school, I would get nervous and my hands would tremble when I had to read from the book. But by doing this, I stopped being nervous. Also, I started to laugh a lot.
    5. What's NMB's good point?
    We get along well, and we can talk about anything without hiding it (not sure about this part but I think that's what she said). There are many members you can talk to so it's fun like a zoo. But when you achieve a goal like that it feels good, you try harder.
    6 .What's do you think is difficult thing about NMB idol activities?
    Because there are so many of us, there are feelings like "I want to win against that girl" or "how frustrating" sometimes.
    7. What kind of 7th gens do you want?
    Full of spirit/energetic (genki), proactive/direct (guigui), who praise me a lot. I want girls who will come and say "Mirurun-san, Mirurun-san!".
    8. A message to people who are thinking of auditioning?
    I think you are nervous when auditioning, but if you try it once, your life will change. Let's audition! I'm waiting.

• Like Like x 7
  11. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Thank you again for doing this translation.

12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It's Nagisa's turn to answer

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Sounds like omen that NMB will have another wave of graduation that necessitate audition this early. Or they deemed 6D3 has been developed enough thus starting cycle anew.

Wish them luck, and at the same time to not pick too many new girls this time.

14. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Before Nagisa's interview, they did an interview with Saeppi.

15. nambawan48

nambawan48 Kenkyuusei

Appreciate it, Thank you!

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Kato Yuuka, Kojima Karin, Shiotsuki Keito, Shinzawa Nao, Maeda Reiko.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  17. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Interview with Lapis Arch members.

18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  20. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    That's really exciting. I don't currently have a proper NMB oshi so maybe someone catches my attention [hehe]

EDIT:
    Seems like they will do the 7th gen introduction with audience: https://ameblo.jp/nmb48/entry-12622545818.html
    34 people only, but if anyone is in the Osaka area or able to go on that day, you can try applying from Ticket center!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020