Single NMB48 8th [Kamonegikkusu] 13/10/02

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by Smilodon, Aug 19, 2013.

1. pxminh

pxminh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    pxminh
    Kamonegix performance on 64th NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWXGvnQmZr0&[/yt]

2. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
    That performance is godly :^O^: :inlove:
    I love that costume, it's so freaking epic. That negi :hehe:
    I also love this dance arrangement and everyone looked so damn stunning. and LOL at the walking duck on the sceen :D

3. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

After watching that I realized NMB has the strongest image and the greatest bonds between their members. With those half kimono costumes replicating themselves and the tiger print, they have this icon, and this strong tie to their origin and when I think of their girls, they're probably the most bold, outgoing and fierce in terms of personality and performance. NMB is the only 48 group I can think of as a "group" and a whole, they're completely united and you can see their management tries to give each girl her moment and appreciation while at the same time promotes the girls as teams. What they're doing with M and BII is really impressive and solidifying, something I never saw in other sister groups.

That being said, that 31/12 song was completely unnecessary, they could've waited for their turn in Kohaku, we all knew they were going to get listed sooner than later, but it wouldn't be right to have em up with SKE at the same time. No need to be pushy and cry about it in a PV XD

4. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alTvrp2NKbo[/yt]

Another link in case others missed it.

Some cool things I noticed throughout the performance. I really like how the dance intro consisted mainly of the dance senbatsu that performed the dance remix at Osaka Jou, and they put a lot of the first gen in the front of the formation, which was a nice little bonus for the oldest members.

Round 4 here we go.

5. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I can see why Sayanee was so excited about this performance. It was pretty impressive. Its not easy to get that many people make those precise dance moves in sync with each other. Now I really can't wait to see the dance remix from their 3rd anniversary.

6. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Sweet performance, I enjoyed it.

One thing I really enjoyed is that they got all the members to perform all of it. It wasn't senbatsu-only and have the rest of the girls be cheerleaders somewhere else, like AKB does.

7. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

What a great performance! I assume that ALL of NMB was there, including the KKS? Nice stylish outfits, smartly tweaked choreography for the increased members dancing on stage, and just overall brilliant execution. You gotta love the virtual duck and welsh onions hurtling through space in the background lol. Just hoped it was longer. Gotta say the enka guy after them threw me off a bit; thought they were gonna do some enka/techno dance fusion of some sort haha. Anyway, looking forward to a bright 2014 with Sayanee and the girls.

8. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

NMB had easily the best performance of the kouhaku, in my opinion. The outfits looked amazing (and weren't plain goofy like AKB's) and the choreography was so clean and fluid! I absolutely loved it, way to go NMB!

9. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Everyone was there. All 66 (I think) of them were there performing Kamonegix, which is great because we only have one member under 13 so if they went any later they couldn't have performed. It was nice to have everyone there for the first one.

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I dunno...

Chris Hart has captured my heart. AMRRRRICA

Although really, watching acts like Chris Hart + Matsuda Seiko, then watching the 3 AKS groups + E-Girls + Momokuro... I find myself really missing great quality singing and feeling a little disturbed by all the visual noise that these girl groups put out.

When I compare it to something like NMB N3's Kono Sekai, I just can't help but think that I'm settling for passable singing performances instead of demanding more.

Especially moreso when AKB actually sang live for Kouhaku, that's a big step up compared to NMB.

11. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

Kamonegi isn't the type of song that can be done live, like UZA.. 60+ girls singing at once will take its toll on the sound system as well. As much as I want them to do it live I guess the max it can go is Sayaka delivering the solo lines live just like Kojiharu did in the live performances of Heart Ereki.

12. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I dunno, I can imagine them at least singing the solo lines.

Either way, I'm hoping that they start writing songs that aren't "EVERYBODY SING NOW" :D

13. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I think Kamonegix can be done live (and has been done), it really only needs Sayanee's voice to sound like the original. But they do it live, BII did at Makuhari this last week.

I don't know if everyone saw the LOD for the New Year's Show. Wasn't anything particularly exciting or groundbreaking given that the girls had to rush back from Tokyo to Osaka after Kouhaku, but they provided fans the Dance Remix of Kamonegix that was performed at the Anniversary concert.

http://tori-chan.tumblr.com/post/718549 ... ance-remix

Here's a link. It's not an actual video on Youtube so there really isn't a way to embed the video but yeah.

This perf is of the normal senbatsu (minus Lemon, who was replaced by Nagisa) and the dance senbatsu, which has Uuka, Aika, Aapon, Haru, Riichan, Megumin, Konomin, Chuba and Yukitsun.

14. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

^ Thanks for the link, that's one heck of a beautiful opening. It's a shame they didn't actually remix the song itself - it's more of a "Kamonegix + dance opening" rather than a straight remix. I'd have probably died if the entire song had that amazing instrumental and chord progression, though, since that sort of music is my weakness and the first listen to it practically killed me :lol:

15. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Yeah, I also thought it'd be just the 12 dance members doing it, but instead it's a 24 person Kamonegix instead of the usual 16. But it's still really cool. They had this really cool jump flip kinda thing that they did at Osaka Jou Hall but I guess the stage was too crammed to do such a thing. Hopefully they perform it at their solo SSA in the Spring or whatever!

16. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I really like that opening they did at Kouhaku with the hand movements. (What is that kind of dance called? I know World Order does it, and I think Jabbawockeez as well...)

The little duck motions and everything make it work so well, I love the slight bit of comedy that they toss in, yet it's still technically proficient.

17. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    ^ I think its called Tutting, or at least thats what I remember it being called back when ABDC was still on MTV :lol:

And I also loved the duck motions, especially since it looked so clean and precise when they performed it.

18. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Wow, that was pretty cool. I agree; vocals-wise Kamonegikkusu is pretty much Sayanee's song. I like how they're able to do variations and tweaks on the same song when they perform with more or less members, though must be a pain to remember all those changes and moves. I was really hoping that they'd release a extended version of the song but this performance gets close enough. I also liked the kouhaku one and only wished it were longer. I noticed that out of all their songs this seems to be the most lighting/laser intensive; surprised they didn't throw in a fog machine for good measure lol.

19. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I just realized that they (the members in the back) did the leg-aerobics movement for the Kouhaku version (usually they do it in the secod chorus), which is super redundant because you almost can't see it due the front members. [wonder]

20. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Haha leg aerobics sure is an accurate way to describe it. It looks like they're doing a segment from a morning exercise tv program. But yeah, it looks like all the members were on stage during kouhaku so it was just impossible to see their movements clearly. They did their best, however.