1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert NMB48's 5th Anniversary Live (15/10/20 to 15/10/22)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 16, 2015.

1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I don't see any good points of hers. She's kinda cute, that's all. She's really just annoying. I also don't like the fact that she's being thrust to the front of the group straight from being dead last despite being an awful performer. The mentality that everyone has of "oh look how bad she is she's cute I like her" has always irritated me, and even more so when this results in a huge push. She's just a really underwhelming Senbatsu member. And it's not just her, it irritates me when they do this with everyone. If her skill is comedy, great, feature her in a comedy segment, but that shouldn't also require her centering so much. Then there's the matter that she's blocking Aika's rise in Team N. Basically, I find her annoying, and she's competition. As the previous poster said, gori pushes are uncomfortable.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

2. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Riripon is smart. fans don't like smart idols :p:awesome:

3. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I find Riripon to be an interesting personality. She's really weird lol and she seems like the type you can just sit down and talk to. She feels really real to me, which is a similar feeling I had with the likes of Yuko and Akimoto Sayaka, although in very different ways.

I do not think, however, that she is skilled enough at performing to warrant such a high position as she currently has, especially in Team N. I would prefer if she stayed in the 2nd or even 3rd row. She can still be interesting and smart, but fill the front row(s) with the strong performers. Just my thoughts

• Like Like x 1
  4. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    I'm OK with Riripon, though I don't think she's a goddess or anything. It's just nice that NMB is taking the whole "new gen" thing seriously I guess, and Riripon is a part of the new gen aces as far as I know (which is really the only reason I don't want her push to stop lol). Then again, I wouldn't mind Aika or Shuu or Rachel to take her place, so long as management is consistent with giving non-1st gens a chance in the spotlight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trxsh

trxsh Member

Well, SKE didn't exactly have a 7th anniversary concert, but a special theater performance along with some events in Sunshine Sakae and a special midnight stage (also in the theater).
    The difference in scale is huge though, NMB's was super nice! What especially stood out was all the live music, which is smart, bands are actually what is cooler right now in Japan (funnily enough, bands are kinda yester-year right now in NA in terms of mainstream popularity :p)
    I also feel like commenting that I really like the Riripon push, I hope it continues lol. I know she got some detractors from her push, but she seems to have some support as well. She's really interesting and has the kind of "plain" cuteness that I love ^^

6. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I like Ririka a lot. She really puts the effort to make herself known and get involved, which is most obvious when you watch MCs. If you look at a lot of the new gens they get really shy and subdued, whereas Ririka recognized that and really tried her best to not only talk during MCs but also to get to know everyone. (I think this was in the documentary trailer? Or an MC? I forget.)

To say she's blocking Aika is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. They don't even appeal to the same niche.

7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I guess by blocking, it means priority in management eyes?

If yes, then I'm up for a competition.
    Team N will need it at post-Sayanee era later

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  8. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Completely agreed. This is on the level of Rena's graduation concert in terms of setlist and overall entertainment. That's pretty darn strong.

Agreed, they need really new blood to liven up the group, and Ririka is their golden goose. She's a completely new idol that appeals to fans a lot (just look at HS sales, they'll probably increase her slots going forward) with a unique twist. I think she's one of the best things to have come out of NMB in a while.

With her, the "shitennou", and Jo, NMB has a strong lineup.

9. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    I find Riripon a lackluster member in terms of performance but otherwise I think she's a pretty strong member. She's pretty cute, her handshake sales are good and she's pretty good in MCs as well. I think she's quite an unconventional member to push because she's not your traditional idol type which I think is pretty cool. I'm personally okay with whoever gets pushed because most of my faves never will be anyway haha. As long as they don't gori-oshi a girl/girls too hard and give other girls work then I'm easily satisfied.

10. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I love smart idols. Baka character is my least favorite.
    Same, I like strong performers
    And yet who's higher in Team N? Aika would certainly be higher up in N without Riripon there. And that's not speculation, that's pure logic. Without 5, 9 moves up.

11. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Positions change so frequently, especially with Team N having only 15 members, that this is not even an issue.

Aika has centered N stages before. Ririka hasn't. Ririka leads a lot of MCs. Aika hardly does.

And in the case of 5th anniversary, Ririka coming out in bloomers is hilarious. Ririka suggesting everyone will wear bloomers for the NMB undoukai and starting a chant for bloomers is something only she can do. Aika doing that would just be embarrassing for everyone involved.

They fill such different roles that it's naive and ridiculous to say that Ririka is preventing Aika from moving up. There wasn't a single moment in the concert where I thought Aika would be better in Ririka's role and vice versa.

12. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Really? You don't think Aika could have centered Junjou U-19 better?

13. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

She doesn't have that charisma to be center imo. Plus her facial expressions tends to be a little HAM. lol

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    lol... I will preface this by saying that I subscribe to Aika's mobile mail and go to her during handshake events. I assume that I am the member of this forum who has met her the most (unless Andy bought tickets for her last time).

That being said, Riripon is "blocking" Aika's rise in the same way Sayaka is "blocking" Aika's rise in position. Other than performance, Aika does not do anything better than Riripon. She still needs to work on her shyness and get better sales.

15. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I honestly can't tell you who centered the different parts of the AkaShiro medley. But I can tell you that the AkaShiro medley was, performance-wise, the best part of day 3.

Riripon centering U-19 over Aika? I couldn't care less. No one went home after the concert thinking about who the U-19 center was.

Subtle brag lol

Welcome back to social media though!

I'm honestly waiting for a Momoka push to happen. She seems to be a much more positive character ever since she came back from her sickness or whatever it was. Still weird, but positive. She's been one of the more fun people to watch at concerts and I always pay a lot of attention to her. I might be mistaken but I remember watching her perform a song and purposely faced backwards when everyone on Team M was facing forwards and everyone was laughing and had a good time. Momoka quality.

W-Kinoshita for Heart no Dokusenken was the best though. The juxtaposition of Haru with Momoka for that song was comedy platinum.

16. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Eh, whatever. Someone asked why I'm not a Riripon fan and as usual people only looked at one part of my answer. And because it's subjective everyone must disagree, which is fine. Just out of curiosity, did the person who asked me respond? Oh, I see they did and were fine with my answer. And I also saw EinhanderX's post which actually got What I meant by blocking, so thanks.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  17. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    But it's still not Ririka blocking Aikatty though. If management wanted to push Aikatty, they'd push Aikatty. The fact they're not isn't Ririka's fault. If we're talking shortcomings, management clearly sees Ririka's "issues" as more manageable than Aikatty's "issues."

Is Azusa also going to be blamed for blocking Aikatty? Cause that's about to become a thing too.

18. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    This is a public discussion forum. If you state an opinion, expect to have it discussed.

Don't cry or take it personal when people disagree with you. If you want to exit the discussion, then agree to disagree and drop it. Don't whine sarcastically about it.

19. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I don't think Riripon is blocking Aika, but she sure is blocking Yuuri's path. Girl needs more love

20. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Does winning her 3 times in 1 namba shiki 2shot count? lol

No, I don't see her at HS. I approve of this subtle brag!