TV / Radio NMB's TEPPEN Radio

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by Under The Ribbon, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I was looking through the threads and was surprised to find there isn't one for Teppen Radio yet (also missing NMB Gakuen radio, but... well, one thing at a time). Now that TEPPEN's just been renewed and migrated to a new home, it's as good time as any to get this discussion thread started. Please feel free to discuss/share older episodes as well.

Some info for those unfamiliar with TEPPEN radio: it is hosted by Mirukii and Akarin as regulars, though often it will be just one of them plus another NMB girl as guest. Akarin is still a newbie but Mirukii is an old pro now, having been the show-runner ever since the Mirukii-Ainyan era. Speaking of which...

[​IMG]
    REUNION! Ainyan's show うたバッカ is now right after the TEPPEN radio time slot, and you can count on some fun interactions between the hosts. For example, recently TEPPEN requested Ainyan to do a gag, which she did during her show.

Each show is one hour long, and consists of the following corners:
    1) Punishment gag from previous episode. For more details refer to 6)
    2) Getting to know ____! Fill in the blank with whichever new girl happens to guest-host this week
    3) Girl 1's AIUEO!
    4) Girl 2's AIUEO!
    5) Girl 1 and Girl 2's AIUEO! ...What the heck is AIUEO? There are 50 basic sounds in Japanese (http://www.japanese-lesson.com/characters/hiragana/), and each week one sound is picked, and then the girls pick one word that begins with that sound, and start talking about it. For example, the sound "Se" is picked, then Miru picks the word "Center" (SE-n-ta-), and says what she thinks about Center. When it is time for both girls to do AIUEO, the staff has them draw from a box of random words that begin with the sound, then they must talk about whatever word they pick out of the box.
    6) Girl 1 and Girl 2's Super Serious Duel! This is basically the part where a random topic/setting is picked by the staff, and the two girls will improvise a monologue for the chosen topic. The staff then picks a winner between the two, and the loser has to do a gag which will be played at the beginning of the next episode.

PLAYLIST OF ALL PRIOR EPISODES:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyNd-LZd7ir8zLhSr8oQcPZw3pwsUBSko

Shows thus far:

140401 Miyuki + Akari:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    140408 Miyuki + Miru:

140415 Miyuki + Airi:

Home Page:
    http://www.mbs1179.com/nmb/
    Here you can find pictures taken in the studio during the recording. The girls will usually talk about what they're wearing during the show, and here you will be able to find the pictures of what they looked like on that day.
    Old Site:
    http://www.mbs1179.com/uta/c_nmb/

And if you want to send in mails:
    http://www.mbs1179.com/mail_form/nmb.shtml
    あて先mail nmb@mbs1179.com

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Creating a thread for it to discuss is nice! I've actually linked a playlist to every single Teppen Radio episode ever aired in the 'NMB News and Release Thread', which has links to every single radio show as well! I've appended it to your post so others can see it too, since I guess not many people actively check out that big post that I made with all the info regarding NMB's media appearances. But since discussion isn't allowed in that thread, creating a thread to discuss it is also a good idea.

Link to master post with NMB's media info: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-thread-no-discussion.2833/page-3#post-824416

3. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Akarin hasn't actually ever hosted a show yet since the format change. I think Milky's scheduled the be the host for at least 2 more episodes after this. TEPPEN is a really fun show because its in the middle of the night and is pretty much the only place we can hear Milky run wild and talk about alot of random things. I enjoy it much more than NMB Gakuen tbh although NMB Gakuen is much more structured and has direction (probably because of MonEn). I also like the random rivalry NMB Gakuen has with TEPPEN.

4. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Teppen Radio is really great because you can see a different side to Milky that you don't ordinarily see, but I do prefer Monster Engine in general since it hits more of the right notes for me in terms of being funny. Monster Engine's interactions with the girls are fun, and Milky can be hit or miss depending on how close she is with the guest of the week. Their random rivalry is really new too, like only in the past few weeks have they brought up Teppen Radio.

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    As an actual radio show, NMB Gakuen blows TEPPEN out of the water because of Monster Engine and their owarai skill but I enjoy the gdgd nature of TEPPEN and Milky going wild much more. You're right though, that everything hinges on Milky's condition and how well she interacts with the guest of the week. This is probably why they've recently been more selective of the guests to pair with Milky. The ones who didn't seem to have much chemistry with her, like Shuu, got passed off to Maachun.

I think the rivalry is something letter senders are trying to create [hehe] I found it funny last episode when Obayashi was complaining about how he found an oshimen in Akarin (who guest hosted in place of Nana for 2 weeks) but she's never going to come guest on NMB Gakuen anymore because of TEPPEN.

6. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Yeah, I am very curious as to how well Akarin will perform without Milky. In the Miru episode, there were multiple times where I think it could've turned into an awkward silence if Milky didn't save the day. Despite all those gravure shoots, Miru is really still just a kid :awesome:

No other girl will willingly go into perverted talks as much as Milky (well, maybe they'll invite Momo some day), but it definitely seems like the staff is always pushing them towards it.

7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Milky always blames the writer of the show, Aonuma-san, for adding perverted words to the Iroha Niho/AIUEO box so they'd be forced to talk about it. Maachun was a good girl and tried to follow the rules but Milky just skips over topics she doesn't like :hehe:

I agree about Akarin maybe not being able to pick people like Miru up. I hope they take it easy on Akarin at first and send up someone who talks well like Kanakichi or Yuipon so she can be eased into it. Too bad that Sayaka, Nana or Keicchi won't ever appear on TEPPEN as they would have been perfect first guests for Akarin.

8. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    I love TEPPEN radio so much but I've never listened to all the episodes so I'm glad this thread was made! Looking forward to listening to everything :3

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Tomorrow's show is Milky+Rika and unannounced after that. I wonder if next week will finally be Akarin's turn.

10. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Akarin is in charge for the first time. どう?

11. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I haven't listened to it yet but those who did apparently really liked the combination of Akari and Haru.

12. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    The one way rivalry between NMB Gakuen has with TEPPEN finally got acknowledged by TEPPEN during yesterday's show :^^;: When Akarin and Kanakichi started doing Nana monomane, Akarin mentioned that they needed to be careful or else they'll get complaints from NMB Gakuen [hehe] She also mentioned that NMB Gakuen was threatening to send complaint letters to TEPPEN because they keep making fun of Nana lol.

13. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I guess there's a contest thing going on with a chance for a autographed prize or something. Sigh I doubt they'd let overseas fans participate.

It's always entertaining to see how each girl handles (or totally fails to handle) the forced scripted ネタ.

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I like how Milky chooses to ignore AIUEO topics and some corny stuff. The others don't have the guts do that yet.

15. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I can't figure out when TEPPEN gets recorded. I know at least one other 48 group radio show is recorded within a few days before it airs, but then again that show isn't an hour long so it's probably easier to schedule.

There was no mention of sousenkyo (it would probably be an awkward topic for both Milky and Nagisa). Milky sounded a bit unwell, poor baby. On the other hand she said she basically wants to be an idol forever, so that's something positive.

Next week is Ota Yuuri-chan's debut. I'm not familiar with her but I know at least one of you is a big fan.

16. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I think they record it a week early at the most. Probable by-product of when they recorded 3 episodes at a time so they probably didn't feel comfortable going with more than that. Yesterday's episode was probably before last Saturday's election and the next one is probably not recorded yet since Yuuri hasn't mentioned it on G+ yet.

Yuuri's great at talking although content might be a little thin. Milky really really likes her (she mentioned Yuuri like 3 times during the Miru episode) and its the first time since Aina graduated that TEPPEN Radio will be Nara-zu. I'm excited for this.

17. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Hm~ I wonder? I feel like it might be recorded already. Because judging from the studio pics: http://www.mbs1179.com/nmb/c_diary/ it seems like they record two shows at a time. milky has not kept her eyes open for a photo for so long

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Hmm.. you could be right :( In that case, I hope they skip talk of senkyo hopes and expectations.

They're doing a 4 Milky - 2 Akarin rotation it seems. I'm enjoying the Akarin episodes quite a bit more surprisingly.

19. dangnhutun

dangnhutun Kenkyuusei

True to say, hearing Akarin's hyper voice interest me more. Just the sound of it is funny enough.
    Not to mention tons of G+ posts and comments when it's her turn on the Radio. :lol: she actually live-updated it for real. :lol:

20. MiyukiLove21

MiyukiLove21 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart

Teppen Radio 14/06/10 - Milky and Nagisa

Credit to uploader