1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Nogizaka ni, Kosaremashita. ~AKB48, Iroiro Atte Teretou Kara Dai Gyakushuu!~ (2021/07/07 - 09/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    I disagree with some of your assumptions

- Popular artists performing their mega hit songs on big occassions is actually quite less common than you would think. Unless the artist is no longer producing good music, he will always try to promote his new or less known works whenever the spotlight is on him. AKB's quality of music hasn't really dropped over the years, their recent B- sides like Generation Change and Twin tails will easily pass off as good A - Sides for lesser known idols. But very few people outside the fandom even know about these songs let alone have seen them perform them. And performing the old hits are doing them no good since even fans are fed up with them and you can actually hear a lot of sighs when they announce KFC as the next song in TIF or Jam. Nogizaka's Synchro was a definite mega hit but even they wisely don't overuse it.

- AKB's problem with not getting popular TV spots has to do with management alone because of two problems. 1. No exposure for the new generation with no AKBingo or other variety show to hone and shape their variety charas. No one and I mean no one is born TV ready ( Unless you are like Sashhi ). 2. Older members like Yuihan, Chiyori, Shichan, Tomu etc got a lot of experience to build their own interesting variety charas but of course management didn't do batsh*t to get them enough TV spots despite them having more chara than other talentos appearing on these variety shows.

- Nogizaka appearing in a lot of runways and shows has a lot more to do with the trickle down effect of their popularity rather than their raw skills. Producers always try to keep a seat open for an idol representative on their shows to appeal to the sizeable amount of idol fans. They will obviously choose a member from the happening groups rather than a dwindling one. This is the reason AKB don't get invited to a lot of events nowadays and it has very little to do with their skills although I doubt the new generation has much skills owing to the above reasons. This is also the reason why the idol loathing section were fed up with AKB during their Golden years as they were in their own words ' Everywhere '. Of course this accusation had very little to do with their skills too.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Since you highlighted the word 'big' yourself... they perform these songs every occasion they get, not just at big concerts or important once-a-year events.

• March 16, 2020 – CDTV: Shitsuren Arigatou
    • March 17, 2020 – Utacon: 365nichi no Kamihikouki, Shitsuren Arigatou
    • March 18, 2020 – Shitsuren, Arigatou is released
    • March 22, 2020 – CDTV: Shitsuren Arigatou
    • March 28, 2020 – NHK Ragazze: Shoujotachi yo, Kanojo ni Naremasuka?, 11-song-Hit-Medley (Aitakatta, Oogoe Diamond, Iiwake Maybe, RIVER, Ponytail to Shushu, Flying Get, Mae Shika Mukanee, 365nichi no Kamihikouki, Jiwaru DAYS), Shitsuren Arigatou
    • March 30, 2020 – CDTV: Koi Suru Fortune Cookie
    • April 27, 2020 – CDTV: Reruns (Heavy Rotation from 2010, Koi Suru Fortune Cookie from 2013, 365nichi no Kamihikouki from 2015)
    • May 11, 2020 – CDTV: Reruns (Flying Get from 2011)
    • May 18, 2020 – CDTV: Reruns (Labrador Retriever from 2014, Ponytail to Shushu from 2010)
    • June 22, 2020 – CDTV: Hanareteitemo, Ponytail to Shushu, Everyday Kachuusha, Manatsu no Sounds good!
    • July 1, 2020 – Hanareteitemo is released
    • July 6, 2020 – CDTV: Shitsuren Arigatou
    • July 18, 2020 – Ongaku no Hi: Heavy Rotation, 365nichi no Kamihikouki
    • August 4, 2020 – Utacon: Koi Suru Fortune Cookie, Hanareteitemo
    • August 10, 2020 – CDTV: Flying Get, Sayonara Crawl, Manatsu no Sounds good!, Everyday Kachuusha
    • September 12, 2020 – Music Day: Heavy Rotation
    • September 30, 2020 – TV Tokyo Music Festival: Sayonara Crawl
    • October 3, 2020 – Tokyo Idol Festival: Shishunki no Adrenaline, Kimi no Koto ga Suki dakara, Hachinosu Dance, Kimi to Niji to Taiyou to, #SukiNanda, Kimi wa Melody, 47 no Suteki na Machi e, Mae Shika Mukanee, Yume e no Route
    • October 4, 2020 – Tokyo Idol Festival: Beginner, Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru, Kurumi to Dialogue, Sustainable, Oogoe Diamond, Team AKB Oshi, Hikoukigumo
    • November 23, 2020 – Minna de Domokun: Koi Suru Fortune Cookie, 365nichi no Kamihikouki, Aitakatta, Heavy Rotation
    • November 25, 2020 – Best Artist 2020: 365nichi no Kamihikouki
    • December 16, 2020 – Kayou Festival: 365nichi no Kamihikouki, Koi Suru Fortune Cookie
    • December 30, 2020 – 62nd Japan Record Awards: Hanareteitemo
    • December 31, 2020 – CDTV New Year Special: Heavy Rotation, 365nichi no Kamihikouki, Shitsuren Arigatou, Namida Surprise!
    • March 11, 2021 – Uta no Yell: Koi Suru Fortune Cookie, Tenohira ga Kataru Koto
    • March 24, 2021 – Premium Music: Flying Get, Sayonara Crawl, Koi Suru Fortune Cookie
    • March 29, 2021 – CDTV: 10nen Sakura, Sakura no Shiori, Sakura no Ki ni Narou, GIVE ME FIVE!
    • March 30, 2021 – AKBINGO NEO: Hanareteitemo
    • March 30, 2021 – Sky PerfecTV: Iiwake Maybe, Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara, Ponytail to Shushu, Shoujotachi yo
    • April 19th, 2021 – CDTV: Koi Suru Fortune Cookie, Lucky Happy Everyday
    • May 16, 2021 – Kurofes: RIVER, Korogaru Ishi ni Nare, Only today, LOVE Shugyou, Honest Man, Kimi no Koto ga Suki dakara
    • June 20, 2021 – Yatsui Festival: Ruby, Ambulance, Tenmetsu Pheromone, Teacher Teacher, Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru, High Tension, Mosh&Dive
    • June 30, 2020 – TV Tokyo Music Festival: 365nichi no Kamihikouki, Ponytail to Shushu, Koi Suru Fortune Cookie
    • July 3, 2021 – Music Day: Heavy Rotation, Flying Get, Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

1. Koi Suru Fortune Cookie: 10
    2. 365nichi no Kamihikouki: 9
    3. Shitsuren, Arigatou: 6
    4. Ponytail to Shushu / Hanareteitemo / Flying Get: 5
    5. Aitakatta: 4
    6. Sayonara Crawl / Kimi no Koto ga Suki dakara: 3
    7. Shoujotachi yo / Oogoe Diamond / Iiwake Maybe / RIVER / Mae Shika Mukanee: 2
    8. All other songs: 1

1. Performances of songs released in 2005-2010: 13
    2. Performances of songs released in 2011-2015: 12
    3. Performances of songs released in 2016-2021: 6

I spent way too much looking into all of this and making this post but... They perform their old songs so much more than their current ones. There's nothing wrong with using KFC, 365nichi etc for big events, but nobody will know anything about the current AKB at this rate.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Actually this is not true, Yukirin is popular and mainstream, the public knows her very well. it's just that she has been known for so long that her popularity is not "trendy" obviously but she's definitely very popular, just look at the latest Nikkei Entertainment female idols ranking released a few weeks ago, Yukirin ranked at #2, and she is the highest of all 48/46 (the #1 rank is Momoclo member). This says a lot about how much she is known by everyone. Her latest tweet of return after hiatus/surgery has already 80k likes too. Her Youtube channel has almost 500k subscribers. She has definitely more than her idol fandom, she's really popular, the thing is that her popularity is since a long time ago until now, and although it helps AKB (Yukirin herself promotes the group anytime she can) but she's more popular on her own as a person rather than just as a member of AKB.

(Btw, Yuihan ranked 9th in Nikkei Entertainment and is 4th highest ranked for 48/46, so she is another member of AKB who is known by the public and more than just idol fans)

Actually this is quite the opposite of what you said for Saikyou Twintail, there are a lot of people outside the fandom who know the song because it became popular in TikTok 2 years ago. The problem is many of them didn't even know it's a song of AKB because the group never performed it. Only now 2 years later I see them performing it in concert, but it's very late (the center is even gone). it's such a waste that back in 2019 they didn't take this opportunity that a b-side got popular with non-fans and pushed it on music shows, it would have worked for sure (the fact that the whole senbatsu was 48G new gens was great for their future). I don't know what management was thinking (or not thinking) but they wasted it, now it's too late.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Ya I forgot how Twin tails was a special case where the song literally escaped from AKB's B-Side dumpster.But I think you get my point for other good B-Sides like Generation Change, Okujo Kara Sakebu and Atarashi Chime who were not so lucky and whom only people within the fandom mostly know of owing to next to no exposure compared to their usual setlist picks.

5. CRL48

CRL48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oguro Yuzuki, Yamauchi Mizuki
    Looks like Momoclo have all their members in the top 8 positions!

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Because those biggest hits are garbage? Granted there's only one song in particular I have in mind, but it's just terribly out of joint with the group as a whole and unpleasant to the ear, the only reason it became popular in the first place is because of a fan participation project that went viral. And because of that it's now their most played song. They should have stopped playing it when the center graduated.

They need new biggest hits, and for that purpose they need to stop emphasizing their oldest hits (and stop trying to duplicate them--as said, sooo many fantastic songs have been relegated to B-sides and are completely unknown to the public, while A-sides tend to follow the same handful of patterns).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I agree that they need to put emphasis on their new songs, but I actually still love all the songs. They're overplayed but I can't find it within myself to skip them when they come up on shuffle while I'm listening to AKB48.

I remember this happening and was so sad that they didn't do anything with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    After witnessing so many negativity about the first two episodes, I wasn't very convinced if I should watch it.
    Anyway I decided to give it a try with episode 2.
    And unfortunatly that doesn't do it for me. Lots of discussions, the MC from distance can't have any interraction, nothing really funny, I don't get what they are aiming at in this show.
    For something that is promoted as a great renewal I'm not sure it hit it's goal the right way, it looks more like an old galleon who lost it's compas in the middle of a windless ocean.

I'm enjoying Bingo Neo better, which may have a new MC in it's next episode. This possible change alone, makes me more curious than this supposed strike back.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So... why were the girls so upset after the first day of filming? ddd

10. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

Perhaps, their essence is essential no more. Something used to be novelty is new no more. Something that set them apart has turned banal.
    - Very big number of members. They are multiple big groups these days. Not as big as AKB48 yet very big. Aki-p created groups especially. As the big number is exciting no more, just being big barely has any value.
    - Theater/ "girls you can meet" concept. This is exciting no more. It has to be more than just theater performance to interest the public. Also, some agencies form performance groups off their trainees thus, fans can witness the passage of girls from amateurish trainees to polished idols without theater.
    - Handshake event. Almost every groups do this or hi-touch event in recent time.
    - Variety show. Most groups are doing this in some forms. So, just variety show is not enough. It has to be seriously entertaining variety show.

Last Idol made use of its large number to draw attention like this

if the video does not show watch the video here
    AKB needs a different idea to stand out with its large number again.

12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  13. David B

David B Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Great to see someone is subbing this, will you be doing future episodes?

14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    They had a plan A. It was so bad that the girls rejected it and the staff decided to move on to plan B while having shot for plan A.

If they can't think of a good plan A, imagine their plan B.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    So far GEES intends to continue subbing the show, although this week he will prioritize his work on AKBingo Neo ep02.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

Deeply grateful to the subbers for continuing to work on this show. That said, for being the show that’s helping to rejuvenate my interest in AKB, I can’t say I think it’s off to a particularly strong start. I’ll certainly continue to watch, and I do think we could be up for a smoother ride beginning with the next episode.

Still, the mere nerve of the show’s title piqued my interest and brought me back in to the extent that I’m watching more Showrooms, playing Dobon(lord help me), looking forward to the new single and trying to learn about members apart from the Kanto Team 8 members I already know. So I guess even if the show isn’t very good, it brought me into the door to check out everything else that’s going on. It is all a bit overwhelming, however. I don’t know much more space I have left in my brain for memorizing idols. I guess I could push a couple Sakamichi graduates out to make room for the likes of Yamauchi Mizuki…

• Like Like x 1
  17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thanks to GEES and @Lusankya for providing the subtitles for episode 1!

I haven't seen episode 2 yet, but episode 1 made me feel both disappointed and angry. First of all angry because Hiroyuki got quite a few things wrong. They brought up Morning Musume and he said "well but they're still selling because they change their concepts." Momusu's last single before COVID sold 126k copies within its first week (January 2021) and AKB48's single sold over a million copies... I feel like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I love Momoka for setting him straight as well about the number of AKB members.

Also... the lack of budget for this show... Getting a host to talk to the girls via ZOOM and filming the whole thing within AKB's own theatre because they couldn't be bothered to rent out a studio?

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You know, there is this pandemic going on…

19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Okay? This hasn't stopped Hinatazaka46 or =LOVE/≠ME from recording variety shows within a studio. I'm sure there's more but they're the only ones whose variety shows I'm watching. Not to mention AKBINGO NEO (which was released on the same day as Nogizaka ni Episode 2) was filmed in a studio. They all had hosts within the studio, too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I figured he was a butthurt H!P fan angry that AKB displaced Momusu (if you look back to old blogs and message boards from 2011-12 there were a lot of guys angry at AKB and putting out H!P cope)

• Informative Informative x 1