1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Nogizaka star tanjo !

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Fab-Nogi46, May 4, 2021.

1. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I wish for Star Tanjou to continue, but I also wish for a more variety like show for 5ki.
    Good to showcase more side of their personality.
    Hopefully next year they can have it, let Star Tanjou run until end of this year.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JpmusicRocks

JpmusicRocks Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 2
  3. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

I don't mind to see this show continue, however it's already 20+ episodes...so if it ends soon, I wonder if we get a short break & a season 2? Just speculating.

If no more Nogistar - perhaps there's gonna be a show that focusing more on acting/variety? Kind of like Nogi Skits? I don't mind the Oswald duo continuing to be the hosts, there seem to be a good bond with the girls.

Personal opinion time: for me, while singing is a big point, there are more sides to being an idol - the variety side, the visual side, etc. When you're a performer, you'll need to be good in showmanship. Stage movement, "working" the camera, mic control, audience management, patter/banter with the audience and fellow members/performers, and many more. I'm someone who is an introvert and had tried (and failed) performing open mic standup comedy (5 mins felt like eternity), performing close-up magic & sang in public (terribly butchering Kenny Rogers songs, sorry Kenny - RIP). I guess there are times when I've taken these things for granted (preparation and showmanship) and I always admired and enjoyed seeing our idols performing and entertaining us.

The 5th gens are entertaining and lovely girls. While they're having a great start, I would love to see them learn, grow & develop even more. Maybe we'll continue to discover more sides/personalities to them, like @baymon said above.

If it's going to be something similar to NogiSkits, I hope they can avoid the issue I had with NogiSkits Season 2 - it was a 4th gen show with 3rd gen stuffed in AND still have external guests, making the show too crowded at times. Again, I would love the members to develop and having the breathing room to do so. Of course, guests and senpai appearances are fine - when done sensibly.

I don't know if we'll ever gonna go back to NogiBingo format - having seeing Nogi since 2013 I felt that formula had ran its course. Or maybe it can have a comeback - with some tweaks and updates. Maybe, who knows.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^TBH I would love to see NogiBingo return with 4ki and 5ki. If anything some kind of variety with both gens.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Isaac H

@Takoyama Yeah, I would love a variety-focused show - if it's going to be Nogibingo once more, I'm not sure if Ijiri-san is still going to do it. It's been quite some time, I think it can maybe work well. Shin NogiBingo? :)

6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    For me, Nogibingo is a hit or miss. I like it when they play some kind of games or something like dokkiri stuff, those are fun to watch. But I don't like mousou camera or too idolish stuff.
    Another type of variety that I like is Gakutabi where the girls are learning and challenging something new, kinda wish they bring back that show.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Isaac H

Understandable. I personally enjoyed some idol variety tropes, and some not so much. I don't miss seeing the girls eating weird insects, and I hated seeing Miona crying after getting electric shocked. But some people may like different aspect of idol variety than me. That's fine, variety after all, is the spice of life. Sorry, that was so corny of me.

The gakutabi episodes I remember watching was the 4th gen girls went to a school that was about to be closed down (due to low new intakes? i think). That was bittersweet. There's another I think involving the 4g members playing in a taiko drum club or something. The gakutabi program is fascinating, but I wonder if it is sustainable for a weekly format, or I don't know if it's popular enough. I still would like to see them do this kind of stuff occasionally.

At the end of the day...my guess is whatever type of show they might do - it's going to be based on entertainment factor and what's proven to be popular. Not too ground-breaking, but maybe some twist on old tropes/formulas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I'm probably in the minority about Skits. Sure it was fun but I'm not interested in seeing it again. More like, I have enough of it already.

I'd love another Nogibingo again but I don't see that happening and if it's not Ijiri as MC, might not feel right. Next Tanjo ep is 23. If they continue until 30 (or even if it's just 25 eps) and then move on to a variety show, I would be very happy and satisfied. But I don't like the same MC to continue if it's gonna be a variety show next or any kind of show. I'm not saying they're bad but ... just find someone else, sorry. :whistle:

9. Isaac H

^ well, since currently they are doing a singing show, the next show (if it happens) is probably gonna focus on something else other than singing. That's pretty much my guess...it doesn't have to be in the form of NogiSkits (I did had enough of it too, as I mentioned my problems with Skits S2) or exactly Nogibingo.

But I also noticed that even in 4th gen's Nogistar, and now in Shin Nogistar - they did squeezed in some games/variety segments - like that jankenpon in the recent episode. If they just do a show with a combo of live singing + variety segments....I think I'm fine with that too. Of course, it's merely my guess. All in all, I just love to see more of the 5th gen girls in their "natural habitat" so to speak.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Isaac H

I wouldn't agree more with what you said about the Miona biri-biri episode: It got me infuriated as well, the same with these snake/crocodile leg/scorpion eating excercises - all pure sadism! On the other hand the taiko Gakutabi episode with Kakki, Seira, Mayu and Sayaka was pure gold (or the other one where Matsumura was flirting with a poor guy while picking apples under an apple tree and the poor fellow was on the verge of nose-bleed, was simply awesomely funny and interesting). I wish there was more productions like this.

The Nogibingo series were (at least for my tastes) tastless, odorless and colorless, with the most notable exception the season where Fukagawa was heavily featured.

As for the Skits, while I enjoyed the 1st season soooo much (but not so much the 2nd due to the diluting effect of the 3rd gen), I am still considering this format to carry the 4th gen aura so strongly to the point that it is forever sealed as the "exclusive 4th gen variety".

I would welcome if management would come with a fresh idea for our precious 5th gen. Thinking "out-of-the-box" may be an asset in this case, but I believe 5th gen (a) deserve it and (b) are more than capable to execute almost any well-thought idea with the overflowing charisma they have...

11. Isaac H

@Philosophy Senpai

Well, at the end of the day, I'm just hoping for the best. I'm sure if we dive further, there are things that we would have different opinions on - in terms of what we enjoy or don't enjoy in our idol fandom.

It's show business, and the production companies (in TV Aichi (for Koujichuu) and Nippon TV - for Bingo, Skits and now Nogistar) will cater primarily to their market over there in terms of tastes, format and whatnot. All I can do is hope for the best. I don't have any control over the outcome. I don't think they care over what some fat schmuck in Malaysia (me) thinks.

12. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    I hope they come up with something original, something that's gonna be associated with them like what their senpais had. They can experiment and be creative with the format, you can't please everybody and it won't really matter at the end of the day anyway. The 5ki have talent and star power to make it work and draw people's attention to it.
    My personal wish though is that it's gonna be something that won't alienate the soon-to-be perma senbatsu members from the rest, at least from their fans' eyes. Doko E up to Act 1 I thought was a good period. The likes of Rei, Seira, Mayu etc were at their hungriest and craziest like they wanna prove themselves, and they didn't have to milk Saku/Kaki as much for screentime. I want to see that magic recreated with this gen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Isaac H

Well, allow me to disagree here (hoping that I am right): I believe they DO care about what you think!

Having passed some years in marketing research working for a global agency, I can say that observational studies through social media has long ago surpassed traditional research for consumer/customer opinions and behaviour. I believe that someone from the management teams are following this very forum (and any other similar "point-of-touch") keeping record of what people are saying for their "product" (i.e. the idol group they are managing). This forum is yet another "touch-point", a living habitat of opinions and ideas coming from a market that is potentially as important as the local Japanese market: the international fans.

What strengthens my point is the always more frequent mentions of the girls during their MC-break at shows that keep thanking fans abroad as well. Among all the rest, they are referring also to you and me and the other guys dwelling in these forums as well.

On a simpler point of view: We are offering a free poll here don't we?

14. Isaac H

My philosophical senpai, I am but a simple man, with simple wishes. If I could get some tough love motivation from Ayamen, then hug a tiger and boop its nose - I can die a happy man.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Yeah, I remembered you mentioning being involved in marketing in some capacity before. If they're listening...well, as I said, I just hope for the best. My idol fandom is a way to escape, so I tried my best being positive here. As someone who is a web/graphic designer for 17+ years, I just want to forget for a little while that A.I. tech is going to take over my job eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  15. NyanNyan's Pet

Two things about this week's episode
    Sweeeeet!!!:inlove:
    [​IMG]
    And :omg:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. yaya

yaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Do they have new uniform now or two different uniform?

17. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Yes. They've got new uniforms.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Isaac H

My quick (and briefer than usual) impressions of the latest Shin Nogistar (episode #23)
    I watched it raw, and I have limited understanding of the language. I'm sneaking a view of this episode in between projects & may have missed some details.
    ----
    • I enjoyed the non-singing parts of this episode more, mostly because I'm very unfamiliar with any of the songs & guest this week. Well, maybe except EZ-Do Dance, but that's not really what I'm into.
    • Despite the unfamiliarity, I think my Iroha (excuse me...I mean Okuda-san) + Kikki did well, as well as Miku, Aya, Satsuki, then Nagi & Aruno who performed with the guest this week.
    • Aww, is Aya entering her rebellious stage?
    • Love the new uniform, I noticed it first during a recent showroom a couple of weeks ago with Ayane & Yumiki.
    • Bunny-ear Sakutan is lethal, pyon.
    • Sleepy cat NaoNao lead us to the preview for the next episode.
    • Next week: looks like another solo for Satsuki (decked in cool jacket) and senpai appearance by Runa (or as Saku-chan calls her, Rururu). Very much looking forward to it!
    Rebellious baby sis of 5th gen is so cute. Even Aruno can't resist...
    [​IMG]

Batsu game bunny pyon~
    [​IMG]

Bashful Terepan pyon
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. JpmusicRocks

JpmusicRocks Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. NyanNyan's Pet

Teresa turned violent - jk. Don't disturb her when she's having a moment :lol:
    I notice Satsuki left early and Miku did not join the group performance.
    It was a good episode overall with Runa as guest senpai.
    Great line-up for next week's episode. Can't wait.

• Like Like x 3