1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Nogizaka star tanjo !

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Fab-Nogi46, May 4, 2021.

1. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

2. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

My quick impressions of the latest Shin Nogistar (episode #25)
    I watched it raw, and I have limited understanding of the language. I also didn't catch the name of the gorgeous & talented guest this week...so, erm...sorry?
    ----
    • First up, my Iroha...I mean, Okuda-san + NaoNao + Hinadani - I feel that NaoNao is much improved and confident vocal-wise (compared to...say, her solo 'Arigatou' performance). Despite not being a big fan of Okamoto, I think she did fine in her part. I'm curious how she would fare in a solo performance, or if she's up for that.
    • Aruno sang. Yawn. Nothing else to comment.
    • ...HA! I lied! From the looks of it, this was the same song that I first heard her vocals from...I was blown away then. And I'm confident enough to say that this is a more measured, better performance. Excellent. Well...ermm...she also seemed to look cuter now from her recent blog pics.
    • Aya + Guest - Aya is an exciting prospect & gets my vote to be the future Nogi Queen someday. There, I said it. Wait, I don't think that's how Queens are made...
    • Mao + Guest + Nagi - Mao and Nagi are their usual reliable selves. Their voices harmonized well with the guest. I think they're very consistent, and with Aruno in the group, I believe they can push themselves to a higher level.
    • Preview segment: Sakutan just...called the viewers 'oniichan'. Not cool, I'm still not recovered from her weekly cuteness assaults.
    • Terepan and her 2 "clones" for the end-of-show segment.
    • Next week: Iroha solo, Terepan + Hinadani + Guest, Aruno + Guest. Guest is the Sunplaza duo, who appeared in Nogistar before (duet with Kakehashi)
    Ahh...weekly dose of my Iroha makes the blues go away. :inlove:
    [​IMG]

Miku tried to kiss Iroha, AGAIN. (Callback to episode 3) why don't you go hug your beloved Ayaya and leave my Iroha alone, lol.
    [​IMG]

Aruno rules. What else can I say.:worthy:
    [​IMG]

How many times do I have to die from Sakutan cuteness assault? :inlove: Answer: never enough.
    [​IMG]

Terepan and her two imitators.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  3. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Chinen Rina

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I'm looking forward to Iroha's solo next week. If anyone is not familiar with the song, it's Tenbyou no uta (点描の唄) by Mrs. GREEN APPLE with Inoue Sonoko. It is a very hard song and knowing Iroha, I'm kinda excited how she can pull it through.
    Also, the guest Bakufu Slump, I love the voice and the attitude of their cool vocalist (Sunplaza Nakano) ever since they guested in the 4ki star tanjou. We're going to witness another cool collab again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Isaac H

Thank you very much! You're always the reliable source of info - appreciated the work you did for the 4G Nogistar, even including the links/info of the songs they cover in your blog.

Last weekend I compiled a playlist and re-watched most of Nogistar S1 and S2...still very enjoyable shows to me. And for that, I thank you.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! I kept thinking "Sunplaza" probably because of his story about the origin of his name.

I did enjoy Iroha's previous solo performance of Jun'ai Rhapsody - looking forward to it next week. I'll check out the original song too.

One side note - this show (and the 4th gen Nogistar) had this side effect on me: it made me check out and discover the original versions of the songs they cover, and more appreciation for older songs. I was familiar with some songs already, but then kept adding more newly discovered gems into my personal playlist.

Hmm...I wonder if someday I will ever hear a Misia song covered in the show. Either "Everything" or "Aitakute Ima". Maybe not. Just a personal dream of mine. I think Aruno can do it...

• Like Like x 3
  6. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Does Star Tanjo live count? I remember someone performed 'Everything' on the night show. ;)

7. Isaac H

@NyanNyan's Pet - thanks, I'll check that out when I can. I saw a clip of Saku-chan performing Lum no Love Song again (I really loved loved the first time she did it) so I skipped the Live thinking that it will be reprising/repeating songs that have been shown in the episodes before. I will correct this mistake of mine.

Speaking of 'repeats' I don't really mind that - songs like Ima Sugu Kiss Me and EZ Do Dance have been performed again as well in this show. If so, it would be nice to see someone in 5th gen (Kikki or Nagi maybe) performing 'Hanamizuki'. Kakehashi did ok performing this song previously, and I remember seeing an old clip where Iku-chan sang this song beautifully as well (it was in a karaoke setting, and with that guy from NogiEigo seemingly the MC...I don't remember the details).

Another song dream pick (wishful thinking again, haha) is...Silly by Leo Ieiri. I think Satsuki's voice suit this song. Didn't see her in the latest episode, I wonder if it was recorded during her recent sick leave.

Just saw a clip of「点描の唄」- wonderful song. Looking forward to Iroha's rendition of it next episode.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Agreed with @Isaac H on discovering old Japanese song gems through this show.

Before this week's show, I was curious hearing a snippet of Love Brace, so I searched the song and listened to the original first. The song is really lovely but wow... it's very high key and sounds difficult, wondered how Mao and Nagi sing it. But they really pull it off this week together with the guest, slightly lower key and minus the difficult improvisation that the original singer did, but still very good. I love Nagi's soft voice, she is really versatile and adapt her voice really well with every song.

I think it's about time to give Hina a solo. She did really well with her part this week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    @Isaac H , interesting you point that out. Only my opinion, but Nogistar for 4ki came years after they've been in the group, enough time has passed so we could already pretty much discern why the song/unit choices for which members. Connect the dots if you like. (At least most of them)

When 'Hanamizuki' for example was performed by Kakehashi it coincided with her first senbatsu selection announcement, so it really cut deep at that time. Others that come to mind right now:
    - Rei singing 'bright' songs
    - Yuri with the 'I love the clear blue sky' song
    - Endo singing Momen no Handkerchief
    - Seira singing mostly heartbreak songs
    - 'Baby I Love You' by Ayame's fav TEE to have been set aside until it was to be her first duet with bff Rei
    - Yakubo who was then sort of a crybaby character, doing the Ienaki Ko song
    - Yuna and Kakki doing the Matsuda Seiko/Nakamori Akina back to back
    - Runa being paired with Aikawa Nanase/Watase Maki
    - Seira, Runa and Yumiki doing the song that was originally the inspiration for their Setsuna Shoujo song in Skits

This was one essence of watching the show for me. In this 5ki iteration I hardly observe this because it came too early (possibly with the exception of Nakanishi's solos since MC Ozwald points them out). It's mostly the usual showcasing of singing talent. Maybe someone who's more familiar with this gen can share their thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Isaac H

If loving 4ki is a form of addiction, then you @TAMU is my drug dealer for sure. It's almost all your fault, haha.

The points you mentioned above makes a ton of sense. I feel that, for me, why I have such a heavy attachment toward 4ki is is that I've been invested in their development since Nogi Doko E. As loosely as that show's format was, it established & built the relations, the dynamics between the members...it continues on to NogiSkits, and then to NogiStar. It's kind of a lore/world-building for 4ki to be sure...provided if we're into them in the first place. I still remember some disparaging posts about 4ki early on. But hey, people are free to feel how they feel. I'm not perfect & fickle about some stuff too.

The reason why I recently re-watched the previous Nogistar shows...I kind of toying with the idea of making my 'best-of' list/top ten post of my favorite performances from the show. I might get around to it someday. So many good ones.

As mentioned before in my older posts...I still wish for a future 5ki show where it doesn't involve singing...that kinda serve a similar function as NogiDokeE was for 4ki. We get some glimpses into 5ki relations/dynamics from stuff like Smash clips (which had seemingly stopped now), the Hulu clips are mainly bts (behind the scenes) & how they prepare for their Nogistar appearances. I think that 5ki are a very talented & lovable bunch - I would like to know about them more.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    As a kind good sir in these forums PMed me with a medium to watch the Star Tanjou episodes, I had a splendid weekend watching and re-watching again all episodes after the 14th and until the most recent one.

Well, there is certainly too much to say and all the guys and galls above me have already said it all. What I want to put my 0.02 cents here is the height of professionalism all these 11 girls have reached in less than a year of (apparently and exhausting period of training into) idoling. Natural talents have evolved and blossomed, characters have been revealed, bonds have been tightened and above all Nogizaka was strengthened with another solid gen for its future.

I was really amazed by the development of all girls voices. Well for me (and I guess for thousands of other people) Aruno is from another world. The girl is 99.5% ready and is also growing her other aspects as an idol like comedy (self-comedy I have to say) and a chubby cute face. She can drag the other prodigies (the holy trinity) of Nagi, Satsuki and Nao to perfection as they obviously have a raw model to follow/compete/compare to. Just to mention here that in my personal taste Satsuki comes second regarding vocal abilities. She is SO confident when she sings and does it so naturally like she has been singing for ever!

But for me the biggest revelation is Aya. That chibi is capable to overcome all of them AND her senpais, if she do the right moves and take the right decisions in the next 2-3 years ahead of her. Provided that, here... she is the Yamazaki Ten of Nogizaka. Her voice is AMAZING, she is gutsy, pretty, cute and can be funny. And above all she is a kind and soothing presence.

I particularly enjoy the schizophrenic persona of my (now) Kami-oshi: Teresa. The girl is like the ancient Roman god Janus: she has two faces, with the dark one being extremely interesting and unique! Her voice isn't great and she knows it BUT it has it own niche, with that ducky-like anime pitch. If you've noticed she is also (or appears to be) extremely tough and cool as she is the ontly girl so far that hasn't cried during any performance so far. She either observes or just swings/claps her hands.

I want to say (once again) something good for all girls but it's already a wall of text. I will only make a silent wish for the little fairy (Iroha), her well-being and happines as an idol.

And finally, their reactions or improvised variety shows great potential. I would soooo much like to see a format (like skits or doko e) based on this gem-like gen!

12. JpmusicRocks

JpmusicRocks Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Isaac H

My quick impressions of the latest Shin Nogistar (episode #26)
    I watched it raw, and I have limited understanding of the language. Not in the best of moods (who gives a fff...flying kite), but at least I get to watch my Iroha shine...even for a moment. And I may sound more emo than usual. Heh.
    ----

- Iroha was mesmerizing. That's all I needed.
    - Bakufu Slump duo were fun guests.
    - A lot of focus on Aya this week, it seems.
    - Next week: finally her time to shine. First solo for Hinadani :) And I would love to know the name of the song performed by Iroha and Miku next episode.

Since the air date was yesterday...I'll just pretend that this is the best birthday gift ever. It's been shittier than usual last few days IRL. But I digress. I love this performance more than her previous solo (Jun'ai Rhapsody).
    [​IMG]

I got a flying kiss too <3 Thanks, Iroha. I adore you - the solitary shining beacon in my worthless life. I think the world of you & your talent even if the rest of the world doesn't care. And just like the birds they long to be close to you. Yes, I just stole a line out of a Carpenters song.
    [​IMG]

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear. The one courageous enough to face Terepan (granted, not in Dark Terepan mode).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Zenryoku shounen (全力少年) by Sukima Switch ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Isaac H

@Chubo thanks! Ah, another Sukima Switch song. I'm only familiar with Kanade (that was a huge hit) and Golden Time Lover before. Of course, Mao performed 'Boku Note' with Sakuchan as well.

16. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Looking forward to next week. Can't believe May J will be on the show, and duet with Nagi too, exciting!
    And just as expected, it's about time for Hina solo. No high expectation for the singing but from the preview, she looks good with that hairstyle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Isaac H

My impressions of the latest Shin Nogistar (episode #27)
    No subs? Almost no Japanese knowledge? No problem! Performances in bold.
    ----
    This week's guest: May J
    • Apparently, voted as the most stingy (I believe they said ケチな/kechina) 5-ki member is...Terepan?
    • Started off on a lively note with Iroha & Miku performing Sukima Switch's "Zenryoku Syounen".
    • The last 5-ki to finally sing solo, Okamoto Hina, performs next with "Sekaijū no Dare yori Kitto" originally by Miho Nakayama and Wands.
    • Even if she seem nervous in the beginning, I thought Hinadani did quite well for her first solo. In fact, I'd go so far to say she can easily improve as she perform more & gain confidence. She looks classy in her dress. Well done.
    • Miku can't stop fangirling over May J - even had a worn out fan club card, it looks like.
    • Next performance - Nagi and May J performing "Ride on Time" by Tatsuro Yamashita. Nagi-chan, in my personal opinion, is consistently good and among the strongest performer in 5-ki. Hope she continues on this good trajectory. My favorite performance of this week.
    • Kikki, Aya and Miku performs the next song ("Garden" by Sugar Soul) with May J.
    • My Iroha sends us off in the preview.
    • End of show sketch: Terepan is hypnotizing people again.
    Next week: Halloween costume special...wait, Aya is singing THAT song? Yuna-chan as senpai guest! Suspiciously tall costumed bear attacking Ito-san!

Mutual cheek destruction.
    [​IMG]

You did well, Hinadani. Congrats on your 1st solo.
    [​IMG]

Queen Nagi.
    [​IMG]

Miku is living the life.
    [​IMG]

See you again. Dearest of all my dear 5ki member. <3
    [​IMG]

What are you doing...you...you beautiful alien.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

from ep.27 Lol
    Makes Terepan become the candidate of the next "Mizu Dorobo" 『水泥棒』
    also this episode makes Kikki's Brother be the happiest man in the world [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  19. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Screenshot_2022-11-01-10-17-03-68_f2cb81fb7cf38af7978f186f2a61634a_1_29.jpg
    夜露死苦