1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Nogizaka Under Construction (2015/04/19 - )

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Apr 13, 2015.

1. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    why not? people has money to buy it. they go the store, ask staff for advices and buy.

Himura buying ~3200$ washing machine for Yoda is real, his money, Manatsu has to pay half too.
    but a washing machine is not a product replacement. the thing they want to advertise is BicCamera, the shop.

many people. if you save up many "entire month's gross income" it will be come a lot of money.

--------
    top idols like Maiyan, Manatsu, maybe Yoda,.... ~3200$ a washing machine,obviously expensive, they know it expensive,they don't mind spending as long as it helps their living life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    I see... That image does fit the dialogue you put in there lol. But damn, that IS a very expensive thing to ask someone to buy. Manatsu and Yoda must be very close. But even if I had a rich friend or a high-earning sibling, I still won't ask them to buy something that expensive for me lol.
    It's not like they're buying a $3000 slice of cake. That washing machine will be of use for the Yoda clan for many years to come.

While I do think it's expensive but we're talking about Japan here and we know that nothing comes cheap there, especially electronics and other tech.
    Where did you get those numbers? There's no way they will publicize that. I do wonder too how much top idols make in a year but I don't think we'll ever get it from a legit source. I'm also curious how much an idol make when they a publish photobook.

Aren't those comedian talents hired to host the show? The show is still owned by the people who owns or founded Nogizaka46. I'm not knowledgeable about it but I can say for sure that they pay for the expenses rather than the MCs.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

ah yeah, i think we forget the deal that this is home appliance to begin with, that will get used in regular basis and stuck in their home for a while.

yeah estimation. some had post it the forum and it was the same nikkei estimation if not mistaken. i cant find it right now from the last year but this article from couple years ago.
    https://snsd-ffa.livejournal.com/147846.html - 2015
    https://aramajapan.com/news/gossip/female-idol-estimated-annual-income-ranking/2303/ - 2014
    nogi's number already much improve from that

for Himura i tried to remember it was when i dig about them in some japanese site. im basically use google translate back then but if 'm not mistaken from the comment he's like worth 300m per year. shitara must earned more than that since he handle more show than himura; part that i remember mentioned by himura himself in a show. in the last decade he's like appear on TV on average 500-600 appearances per years.
    based from conjyak's blog i think top tier comedian like him: 500k yen could be deducted as the rough minimum salary per appearance, and by that 500k*600, shitara already meet himura's numbers. there more i believe as the nature of show(tlk show, game show, prime time, morning show, late show, rokke show etc), their role(MC, guest), their status(A, B-list comedian/tarento), and the network it's aired. there probably show tht they produce themselves.
    that yet to count thing like their share-cut with their agency and adding more work outside tv(cm, product endorsement, dorama etc)
    in the end of day its producer is earning a lot more from the show. likely said there big money involved so i guess there possibility they not used they pocket money directly.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Those are some pretty old articles. I'm looking for a more recent one. But it's okay, I'm just hoping the idols aren't overworked and underpaid.

Shitara is such a boss, even if Himura's salary is lower than his it is still quite the amount.

5. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

im looking at it, but my Japanese isn't good to begin with. some source also seems quiet differ. Top idol under major label is unlikely get underpaid, but there pay gap with male tarento and ofc agency fees. The one that usually cherry picked as underpaid by (western) media is chika idol.
    *well okay, guess my memory is fuzzy with this so did the estimation. The one i can find is not sound reliable at all.
    https://spica-me.com/model/annual-income/
    Again put some scepticism.
    It's said akimoto in the estimation range of 20m-30m while shiraishi 30m-50m.

haha, i think that mainly because of Shitara also skilled MC, where he run and organize the show better than Himura. He has better conversational skill. he can switch very formal or casual manner in morning show Non-stop for example. Himura inspite have better tsukkomi than shitara(which is great boke himself), is more goofy, slapstick type of tarento where he suit more to fooling around if not paired with shitara. i dont think himura(by himself) can manage half hour of modest talkshow.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  6. nhs97

nhs97 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Doesn't understand anything without subs but today episode seems really fun especially the last segment I don't know how the app work but some of their pronunciation (eg: Kaki) definitely are better but seems like the device is extra sensitive.... how did 'will do' actually come out~~ the sneak peak for next week episode seems promising too

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

7. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Isn't that siri? I actually tried it and I failed :^^;:
    The girls aren't that bad. Just don't understand how siri doesn't get some of them, while asuka japanese pronounciation was understood.

8. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

My reaction at Maaya is the same as the girls. I thought most of them did well with curry and rice. Surprising results. I wouldn't trust that app after 'will do' appeared. But for variety, very nice :D
    Btw, how could they possibly miss that big face? :lol:

9. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    damn Maiyan's English gives chill to my spine..

10. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    I haven't watched it, but is she that bad? :^^;:
    I watched her English in her trip to Hawaii in "Nogizaka World" with Matsumura but I'm surprised it was ...not good (very bad I say)

because I read in her one of her earliest interview

"I learned calligraphy, piano, swimming, & English conversation. .....
    English I learned from elementary 1st grade till 3rd grade in middle school. Everyday conversation I can still do today, so if someone asked for direction in English, I will try hard to response in English. Compared to other subjects English mark was the best, so thinking about it now having learned this initially was great."
    http://nogizakanouta.blogspot.com/2013/08/mai-story-interview-with-shiraishi-mai.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Her pronunciation is good, but that by the little advantage of prep, it does not caught her impromptu.

I'll never trust this kind of app, it just screw up that it's good for variety [hehe] - asuka basically just trolling lol

12. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    Nope, she pronounce it well.

13. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    that app is trolling the other team :lol:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    By Japanese standard she might be considered decent, but not to foreigner...The most difficult part for Japanese is listening and pronounciation.
    On paper, she might be able to do better. But even if she scored well in school doesn't guarantee that she can converse well.

15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I think that app is adjusted for English pronunciation for Japanese. I can hear Asuka clearly said Rabu instead of Love.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

haha yeah, in other way around, this segment has been rigged

17. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Does Siri (or whatever it was) have a setting for that? Even if it does, I actually doubt they used it, because then it should’ve been easier for, say, Hori to have gotten it correct. All the words were specifically picked because they’re difficult for Japanese speakers.

“Mayonnaise” is a loanword in Japanese, but it’s pronounced like “mah-yoh-nEH-zu,” whereas a native English speaker would pronounce it like “mEY-o-neiz.”
    I think Maaya got it correct because 1. Her sounds flowed like it was one word, 2. She intoned the whole thing weirdly, nobody says anything like that, which forced the machine to recognize that it was an atypical pronunciation like if someone was singing or mumbling, and thus it focused more on piecing together individual sounds instead of trying to map it onto a common tonal “shape” of a word/phrase.

In Japanese, L and R are pronounced the same, and there is no V, only B.
    I actually thought Asuka’s pronunciation was quite good for a machine to recognize. The machine can’t 1:1 transcribe sounds to letters, because “Rabu” is not a word and therefore the machine cannot consider it a possible answer. What other words could it be? Rub, rug, lab, lava, rugby? Asuka’s vowel sound at the end eliminates a lot of possibilities, so as she said, it’s very important to getting it right.
    I thought Momoko’s pronunciation was okay, the problem is it was so short and the consonants so weak, that there are so many other possibilities fitting that same sound profile.

Curry is a loanword in Japanese, but it’s pronounced “ka-reh.” Rice is also sometimes a loanword, pronounced “rai-su.”
    Kaki’s result is weird. She had a slight accent, but the machine recognized “curry and rice” and I didn’t hear her adding anything at the end. My guess is the mic caught Shitara talking or Himura’s laugh and translated it as “will do.” Sabotage!
    Shinuchi’s “curry” was good, she clearly knew she shouldn’t pronounce it the Japanese way. But apparently the machine picked up some imperceptible ka/cu + r/l anyway. Also the “ra” in rice came out slightly strong, and a native would tend to slightly emphasize/raise the “and” in “and wife” more than “and rice.” I think this is the biggest case of machine transcription just sucking though.

Disclaimer: I don’t actually know how speech recognition AI works.

• Like Like x 3
  18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    @Gofindnova So, if that app doesn't has that function, it means what other said is correct. The app is trolling them.:D

19. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Trolling by not recognizing a Japanese accent? I’m not sure what you mean by trolling here. If anyone’s trolling, it’s the staff who picked those words. Like, those are words you pick if you want a Japanese person to get it wrong.

20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Yeah, maybe that was the staff plan and script, or I don't know. But, you know, I just enjoyed the show. Do not want to think too much about it. it is just an idol variety show after all. At least, that part made me laugh, and that's enough for me.:D My only complaint here is the jersey. Why they didn't redesign it, like what Ringo suggested in the early episode of Koujichuu? :)
    Btw, I love reading your post. It's very informative.:1st: