Single Nogizaka46 10th (Nandome no Aozora ka?) 14/10/08

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 28, 2014.

1. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    Is there any artist who sell better than Nogi other than Arashi and AKB48? If no, then this single can be in top 10 Oricon yearly chart.

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Is an Arashi single out soon? If not, this and Kizuitara Kataomoi should be in the top 10.

Also, looking at data I expect Natsu Free & Easy to be 11 or 12, depending on when the year ends for Oricon. I know it's around the end of November so Kibouteki Refrain might or might not be counted.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  3. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    Assume that only akb48 and arashi who sell better than nogi, nogi has chance to put nandome and kizukata in top 10. Even natsu free easy. Akb has 5 singles : suzukake, maeshika, Labrador, kokoro placard, kibouteki. Arashi has 3 : bittersweet, guts, daremo shiranai. Arashi won't release more single this year. Natsu free easy has chance to beat arashi's daremo shiranai. Daremo's 1st week sale 460K and current total sale 524K. Ah, still to wait for SKE's upcoming single..

4. kabuki

kabuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I just wonder. Did Arashi's singles ever beat 48&46 in soundscan in past few years? I mean do they have event tickets include in the CD/DVD. 500k with no event ticket is unbelievable.

5. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    They don't, usually. Arashi Limited edition CDs usually just have a short DVD with the PV (usually just the one, too) and a small photo/lyrics booklet.

But Arashi has quite an obsessed following. For some reason it comes across as less creepy but girls and middle-aged women can be super into idols too. And Arashi fans are pretty much guaranteed buyers of every single without asking for anything else in return. They just want to support the boys, you know.

Also, Arashi is super targeted at the mainstream. Their music is everywhere and the lads themselves are everywhere. Much more than AKB, even. Most importantly (for their mainstream appeal) almost every single is the theme song of some drama. It's really a huge boost to popular awareness, especially when targeting the housewife demographic.

6. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    It's hilarious to me (in a good but sort of ironic way) that you talk about women being into idols. Female targeted idols are everywhere. Think about them: Namie, Ayumi, Hikki, Kanayan, etc. (though none of them have been marketed as idols since forever) and the entire EXILE tribe. Yes, it's considered "less creepy". But I always wondered why that is. Even as a girl, there's a bit of a chasm between how I am treated as an all-around idol fan (both sides) versus a guy into idols.

Also, the last point is probably the most relevant. When you think about it, dramas are the only thing anymore that consistently gets a very, very high viewership. Having singles be drama tie-ins are basically guaranteed sales because at the very least you'll have the drama fans backing you, not even including their own obsessed fans.

7. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I often wonder about 48/46 groups not making themes. I'm sure they could if they tried, at least once or twice. But they never do. Even when they have some theme, anime or a B-drama, they never make them singles. I'm pretty sure it's because they make more money by using them for CMs instead but one or two songs for movies or something would really help positive brand awareness, especially if it was a good song.

8. IkoSayu

IkoSayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    I I remember well, there was a anime version of Seifuku no Mannequin. :?: OK, it's not a drama but it made Nogizaka46 at least famous in France since the anime was aired on the cable. :)

Edit : yep, I found it http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SRCL-8208

9. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yeah. that was my point in "they never make them singles". They had themes in Magi and Naruto but they were both coupling songs, even though making them singles probably would have been more positive for fans of that anime.

10. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

I won't even bother comparing a male artist/group to a female artist/group. In this era, male artists are just simply dominant. Most records on Oricon are held by male artists. They just simply easily sell more. Look at the every year's yearly chart and you know should, both singles and albums.
    And ever since Kouhaku voting system changed, White team (team with male voices) has been winning the Kouhaku easily. Even when Red team won once on the 62nd Kouhaku, it's only by a narrow margin. I won't be surprised if this includes sympathy votes from the white team supporters themselves who like to see a change once in a while. Immediately one year after, white wins again, and by a large margin.

11. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    ^ It's interesting because when you look at the top 10 songs on Recochoku for the month of October, only 3 of the songs are sung by males (Sandaime J Soul Brothers, Hata Motohiro, SEKAI NO OWARI), one song is both female and male (AAA), and the rest are sung by females (Two Kanayan songs, JUJU, Ikimonogakari, Nakajima Miyuki, Superfly). Of course, that's only one month, but I follow Recochoku quite regularly and the female/male ratio tends to be quite equal, and when it isn't it's usually female-dominant. This past week is female dominant again (7:3).

Recochoku is used mostly by the younger generation, maybe that has something to do with it? And when you look at the "classic" artists that the older generation probably vote for in things like Kouhaku, the longest-lasting and still kind of relevant ones are usually male.

Sudden question: Which team is a group that has both female and male singers placed in? I think AAA was in Red Team last year... I wonder how that's decided, just which team needs them to be balanced out?

12. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

Well, all Johnny groups don't release digitally on iTunes / Recochoku. With this, you have most top male acts eliminated already. Kanayan is literally the digital queen of all artists, so already having 2 spots by her makes top 10 comparison to male artists by ratio less meaningful.
    For your sudden question, well I'm sure they just put such group in whichever team that is still lesser than the other.

13. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    That's something I never thought about. You're right, you can't buy Johnny's digitally. I don't know about other male acts but as you said, that's most male acts gone.

14. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    A quick check at the 1st week Soundscan sale of their last single indicate they have two versions selling for 346,417 + 110,185 respectively for a total of 456,602. That compares to their 1st week Oricon sale of 461,622 suggesting almost no difference lol. So yes their sale are way superior to nogi's (& maybe even AKB's). It's impressive indeed, & not surprising for me I guess, as I never heard of them doing events for their single sales before.

Adding to all the mainstream discussion above, I believe Arashi do have more mainstream appeal than nogi or 48 group members, this post on Nikkei Entertainment magazine survey of entertainers' recognition & favourability makes it quite evident I think. I don't think it's because they do the theme songs of tons of doramas tho, rather I think it's because they are in said tons of doramas & usually play the main characters too lol. I believe this is an important reason why male idols (mostly Johnny's I guess) are much more mainstream & enjoys longer longevity (Johnny's being such a dominant & powerful agency helps a lot I bet lol).

Relative to Johnny's, girl idols have little to no presences in doramas (let alone prime time ones.) Even the 48 heavy-weights with expressed interest in acting (e.g. Matsui Rena & Yuko iirc?) I don't see getting roles in prime time doramas. What little girl idols get are late night ones too. I think this is a problem & hinders long term development, & always hoped that nogi have acting as a developmental direction. So I was very pleased to her Konno (important ngzk mngmnt dude, maybe our equivalent of Aki-p) saying that they indeed want nogi to develop toward acting. Our three Principals, all the movies this year & the many our girls get to be in recently is a testament of this direction I think.

With that being said, now back to your regular program!
    & I knew the price is too high no one sold a block for album HS 1st rnd lol

Nandome no Aozora ka? 14th Round HS Result
    [​IMG]
    From left to right are: Rank, change in rank (compared to last single), blocks sold out, changes in blocks sold out, members' name.

01. (01.) 35/35 (+00) Nishino Nanase (7th Rnd Sold Out)
    02. (02.) 35/35 (+00) Shiraishi Mai (8th Rnd Sold Out)
    02. (02.) 35/35 (+00) Hashimoto Nanami (8th Rnd Sold Out)
    02. (02.) 35/35 (+00) Fukagawa Mai (8th Rnd Sold Out)
    05. (05.) 35/35 (+00) Matsumura Sayuri (10th Rnd Sold Out)
    06. (06.) 35/35 (+00) Akimoto Manatsu (11th Rnd Sold Out)
    07. (07.) 35/35 (+01) Wakatsuki Yumi (Sold Out)
    08. (08.) 30/30 (+00) Ikuta Erika (9th Rnd Sold Out*)
    09. (09.) 30/30 (+00) Eto Misa (10th Rnd Sold Out)
    09. (09.) 30/30 (+00) Sakurai Reika (10th Rnd Sold Out)

11. (11.) 10/35 (+00) Takayama Kazumi
    12. (14.) 05/26 (+01) Hoshino Minami
    13. (12.) 05/05 (+00) Matsui Rena (2nd Rnd Sold Out)
    14. (13.) 04/33 (+00) Ito Marika
    15. (15.) 04/14 (+00) Higuchi Hina
    16. (16.) 03/31 (+00) Nagashima Seira
    17. (17.) 03/31 (+00) Saito Asuka
    18. (18.) 03/29 (+00) Ikoma Rina
    19. (19.) 02/33 (+00) Hori Miona
    20. (20.) 02/31 (+00) Inoue Sayuri
    21. (21.) 02/25 (+00) Nakamoto Himeka
    22. (22.) 02/19 (+00) Shinuchi Mai
    23. (23.) 02/07 (+00) Watanabe Miria
    24. (24.) 01/31 (+00) Nakada Kana
    26. (26.) 01/26 (+00) Saito Yuri
    27. (na.) 01/26 (+01) Kitano Hinako
    28. (27.) 01/19 (+00) Hatanaka Seira
    28. (27.) 01/19 (+00) Sagara Iori
    29. (na.) 01/19 (+01) Kawago Hina
    27. (na.) 01/07 (+01) Wada Maaya         
        389/902 (+05) Total
        296/788 (+93) Last Single (Increases over 9th Single)

*For the change for each members' total block number, refers here.
    *Misa & Reika will not be attending the 11.02 event due to musical performance.
    *Ikoma will not be attending the 11.24 event due to scheduling conflict.
    *Ayane will not be attending the 1.18 & 1.31 event due to schooling reasons.
    *Ikuchan's attendance for the 1.31 event is under adjustment due to schooling reasons.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  15. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    Marika better than Ikoma....I don't know what to feel about it

Btw this single is Nogi's best seller, as expected from a masterpiece like this

16. MidnightMelancholy

MidnightMelancholy Kenkyuusei

Not surprised. Ikoma was never a favorite of the fandom.

17. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i love Ano Hi Boku . it has pv or not? inoue sayuri as centre looks good in nogidoko.

18. edisonaguilar

edisonaguilar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    edsnaguilar
    6th Week: 13,246 (563,469)

Its a bit higher than their 5th week sales, though I'm not surprised since this is definitely one of the best singles released this year imo. I just noticed that this is their best-selling single up to date. Congrats Nogi~

19. SMZ48

SMZ48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Yes, it does. The music video for "Tossa" is included in Type C disc and is directed by Yuasa Hiroaki, the same director of "Mukuchi na Lion".
    The video is so interesting and touching drama, but only very short part is on the official YouTube channel. It's worth buying. I think it's the best MV for the 10th single.

20. IkoSayu

IkoSayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Indeed! A lot of emotions and some great performance (I almost shared Inoue Sayuri-chan character feelings and pressure in the chest).
    Type C has the most poetic parts in my opinion. Even the funniest (Ikomachan's or Kazumichan's) do have something moving.