1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 13th (Ima, Hanashitai Dareka ga Iru) (15/10/28)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    That's actually a really good point about Nogi: they don't have a theater. Like tbh I find out a lot about the girls during theater performances. And while Nogi has so few members, it's actually amazing how unknown so many are.

Even with their shows and their modelling gigs, most don't get to see the girls shine. I think that's been a constant trouble for them, but also we have to remember that this is their 3rd year being truly active. They are still relatively new and are only gaining new popularity over the past year. I think when one of the big-name girls announces graduation then we'll see a shift in Nogi (plus Tori is going to start soon too, so 2nd gen is just not doing well)

2. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    That's kind of sad. To be honest, I'd really like to see them not necessarily have a theater, perse, but something else... Something to help the under-pushed girls shine. There are some girls whose only song has been that one song with ALL1st or ALL2nd gen, and nothing else. What the heck!

I've been a fan of Jurina since she debuted... And boy was her beginning rough. People accuse her of everything from being related to AkiP to being a Yakuza princess. So yeah, she's had it worse than Ikoma, you just don't hear it as much anymore over her fans.

SKE's major shine point was 3 to 4 years after debut, so I don't really buy that. Management needs to find a way to push their overlooked girls somehow.

3. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    Yes I agree fast push isn't the most effective, especially for nogi. What I think rly did not work out for miona tho was her airdrop; it rly created a lot of bitterness among the 1st gen members & the fans, & mngmnt even double down on their effort to make matter worst lol (Barrette mv.)

As for pushing girls onto mags, I imagine mngmnt can try to introduce the girls to the fashion mags, but that is the extent to which they can 'push', & whether the girl can get to appear frequently or become official models will depend on whether they can charm the readership & editors. These are famous fashion magazines, hence famous brands with very few numbers of official models for each, so I rly don't think mngmnt push in itself would be enough to make a member a official model. If that works I imagine Ikoma would have been a official model years alrdy lol, while hinatan (or ashu even) might nvr have become one. The idea that mngmnt pays to get girls onto the mags doesn't make much sense to me either.. imagine an actor/actress's agency paying the production team? That being said I don't work in the entertainment or fashion world tho so I can say anything for certain.

Regarding the dominant centre discussion, I don't think it'll work for nogi & nor is it ideal. Compared to NMB, popularity-wise we have a much more evenly distributed roster of girls & that each of them can hold a claim to being centre. & that is great I think, one of the most important reason for nogi's success is that we have so many popular members imo, & I'm not sure about this but the lack of many popular member might be a reason for NMB's recent sale stagnation? Even if nanase can be pushed into a acchan-like role I don't think it's ideal either; even tho she was popular she did got a lot of detractors too, why not explore the possibility with the other popular members? I don't think thinking about profit is a bad thing too, it is a business after all lol. When nogi have centre changes usually the quibble isn't much I think, there's always bound to be some difference in opinions. Things only get rly heated & bitter when it's very controversial methink (like miona's airdrop or Ikoma centering.)

On Ikoma centering compared to girls like acchan & jurina, I agree they both got a lot of slacks before (& for jurina prolly still a bit nowadays), but I do think the Ikoma comparison have a crucial difference in that she's simply reason just much much less popular than the prior two. Regardless of whether you like acchan or jurina or not, I don't think there was every much if any question they were the top or 2nd most popular girls in their respective group. The push generated a lot of backlash but a lot of fans too. For Ikoma her push simply haven't had the same effect. That being said I think it's wrong to push her initially; no one could have known for sure whom should be pushed initially. I think after seeing the initial poor reception mngmnt should have learned & response by trying out different resource distributions. Instead, mngmnt for most part continue their effort to shove her down fans' throat figuratively speaking, & considering how many of the more popular nogi-members are getting much less resources than Ikoma, I think being upset is very understandable. Maybe ceasing the push can rly do her more good, they should stop.

On the lack of a theatre for nogi,

I think that used to be a serious problem for nogi's less popular girl especially compared to 48, but now I think 48 have more of a problem despite their theatre & nogi's doing relatively better lol. I can't say I know much bout 48 nowadays, but the feeling I get is that most 48 theatre girls can't get anyways unfortunately. Instead for nogi, there's now more resources to distribute to the less prominent. This comes in the form of principle perf, musicals, Unders lives, nogiten (tho this is no more sadly), & more mag appearances. With the ending of nogiten tho I fear resources for the less prominent might become more of a problem again.

4. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    If anything, I actually think the Miona airdrop was COUNTER-productive. If you look at her sold out slots before and after the push, it's like night and day.

The mag push thing is a use of resources. Management (who also doubles as the girls' agency) will almost always have to court the editors and such, so we can assume a significant amount of resources (not cash only, just time & energy) will go to that as well.

I agree with your theater thing though. Being a theater girl is great, but that shouldn't be a goal in and of itself. A lot of the new theater girls now that are really prominent (Akicha, Neesan (before she graduated), Masanya, Mocchi, etc.) are all really prominent in terms of their solo careers, but that certainly isn't the case for most girls.

As for the 2nd gen, the best thing I can think of for now is either more Unders lives, or having something like a festival (haru, natsu or akifestivals of older 48 days) for under girls only, where the entrance fee would essentially be a HS ticket. I don't know how to fix this problem, but I certainly hope that management finds a way to push girls that aren't in senbatsu.

5. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    That's what I'm saying tho! xD

For mag push, I agree it'd cost time & energy, I just find the notion that they'll have to throw in cash kinda odd lol. but as I said, I can't say anything for certain.

6. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    i always thought putting the 2nd gens on tv shows and giving the 2nd gens tv shows specifically for them or under girls was kind of way of pushing them but maybe management just isn't getting the feedback they're looking for as far as those girls go

7. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    My bad! Totally agreed then, haha.

8. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
  9. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Some one wasnt easy select and make 30 person Senbatsu =O.
    edit:
    Least one Shiraishi Mai-senbatsu.
    Some taken Himetan... But that other Hirosima girl?
    edit2: Why there wasnt Which girls are selected most?
    It wasnt funny look that mind near 3500 ...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  10. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Not really, if you can read 2ch, jurina has probably been the most hated member of all 48 groups ever, and it's never really stopped. She's just not really hated by foreign fans, so you don't notice it here, but the japanese wotas have never forgiven her (if thats the right word) for being airdropped into AKB and being pushed so much. Seeing the stuff written about her on literally every topic I have ever seen created about her is so bad, I hope she never reads it. Its much, much worse than stuff here or over there with ikoma, or paruru (another 'hated' one). The difference is both jurina/paruru have so many fans, while ikoma was never really able to get popular.

I hope ikuchan gets a center again, nandome was a great song. If not, nishino fits a fall themed song too but she's centered so much lately that they may want to give it to someone else. I like ikoma centering, but her image fits a summer single the most for me, she was amazing in TK.

I think the best centers by season would be:

Spring - Nishino or Maiyan
    Summer - Ikoma
    Fall - Ikuta or Nishino
    Winter - Ikuta or Hori

11. moonlit

moonlit Member

Ikoma did well in Taiyo Knock, but tbh, I'm still convenced that Ikoma fits dark songs best. (I just can get Seifuku no mannequin out of my head)
    I'm still waiting for a total airdrop to center for Sagara Iori, lol.

12. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Ikoma dark songs? Maybe, but we're not going to category these girls at styles at song. Myself are earlier do that, but not anymore.

13. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    while the other super pushed girl like paruru and jurina gather haters but at the same time, many people also became their fans and therefore it is not really a problem. problem with ikoma, she is the most unpopular super pushed girl and her continue pushing just giving her more haters rather than fans. as a failed super pushed centre, she should be dropped at the back and generally should be a regular member rather than a senbatsu/fukujin member. as for she is the most recognizable face of nogi, trust me, if sony put someone unknown for 5 singles straight, that unknown also would be the face of nogi but the point is if the fans will like her or not. dont give me the crap of ikoma is the face/known by the public. everyone can be the face if centre for almost all songs. a centre should be well love by their fandom too rather than public only. like maiyan, she is loved by fans and well-known by public.

14. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    if i remember correctly back in 2014 like early 2014 when ikoma went to participate in akb's team b for the shuffle or whatever it was if memory serves me right the girls in nogizaka were heartbroken over their beloved member going to akb they were crying like someone died over this girl so i don't understand why the fans want to bury this girl and why fans constantly shit on this girl because obviously the girls in nogizaka love her to death

15. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    ^ Does it matter if Nogi girls like her? Fans have their own standard of idol, whether the person is well-loved among members, it doesn't make much difference.

16. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    yea i think it matters if her peers accept her then that's all the more reasons fans should accept her

17. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Oh my, good point... but i think these groups at next single. Them should work well... so, bonds are select?
    But are here so strong bond like Yuimetal/Moametal tells them are?

18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    It's just an added reason to like someone if you already like her, but not the reason why fans should accept her in the first place.
    Besides, I don't think Ikoma is the most well-liked members in Nogi. Other Nogi members cried over her kennin with AKB is because it was considered unthinkable/taboo at that moment to have a kennin with the so-called 'rival' group, so more like they lamented Ikoma's decision. It's not really because Ikoma is well-loved.

19. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Back then, when the Daisokaku happened and when I read that Ikoma will become a kennin member to AKB, I don't know how to react on that...

I just said to myself: is it really a rival group or not?

The same case with Rena's kenninship to Nogi...
    ...but I must say, Rena exactly fits with Nogi's image...

...but for Ikoma to AKB, I was shocked to see her rank so high in the SSK being able to participate in an AKB Senbatsu for the first time, but that was the fans' decision so I didn't made any complaints...
    ...but as the AKB singles go by, I said to myself: why is she a Media Senbatsu in Kibouteki? why is she in a 16nin Senbatsu? and when BwT's Senbatsu was announced, I just don't care anymore...
    In my opinion, Ikoma "stole"-I don't know the right word to put here-a position in the A-side...and that frustrates me a lot because a lot of other girls should be put there in her position...
    ---
    And back to the topic:

I do hope for Miona's comeback as a center or a Fukujin! I also hope for the other 2nd gen girls can get a position in the Senbatsu, especially Miririn :inlove:

20. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Why these who yet are? Althou then why not 10-6-2 senbatsu. Douple center?