Single Nogizaka46 16th (Sayonara no Imi) (2016/11/09)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Varianth

Varianth Kenkyuusei

That really is genuinely depressing. I don't 100% understand handshake events but I'd definitely be glad to meet every member of the group and not just the oshimens. Makes me sad to think that any member would get that kinda trauma.

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Just to be sure, I was talking about Maaya, not KTK. But yeah, go see KTK or Maaya.

3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Dang pronouns! And right. Maaya or KTK needs our support. I'm off to the airport! Who's with me?! :D

4. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^get me some tickets (flight and HS) and I'll go with you and head to their lines just to support them. I'll show them what an awkward person really looks like. [hehe]

I don't really understand this HS business, TBH. I can see it from the perspective of the fans that this is one excellent way to meet and actually hold the hands of your idol :^O^:. But the format (which is probably uniquely Japan, although now JKT48 seems also to adopt the same format... don't know about the other international 48 sister groups) leaves something to be desired.

I read somewhere that being a member of an idol group is like participating in a rolling popularity contest. You have to "fight" your rivals (who happen to be your fellow members) for fan attention. While this might be okay (makes the members work harder?) but the way this popularity contest result is being "displayed" in a HS event could be, IMHO, brutal. For those upper-tier girls, say Nanamin and Maiyan, one might say that they appeal to different groups of fans, but they are of comparable popularity. But looking at an empty line before you, or just one or two fans lining up, or (perhaps) being told not to bother showing up in the first place because your line would be empty anyway, could be rather depressing and perhaps psychologically damaging. Combine this with the fact that the number of fans lining up in your line translates directly to Yen number, and this could be doubly depressing.

But, who am I to complain, you might say. And you're absolutely correct. As somebody not living in Japan, I can never afford to participate in such events. Even if I were living in Japan, simple economic calculation might still force me to choose Ikuchan or Nanase over Rotti or Maaya or Kotoko. But this can't prevent me from feeling sad for the girls who might feel left out or undesirable. :(

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    On the plus side, you probably wouldn't be able to see Ikuchan or Nanase either way.

6. Rem

Rem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    The average HS goer usually prefers their oshi and then girls who are nice to talk with. Tickets cost money after all and getting a cold/awkward response in return can be discouraging when others can brighten your day.

7. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    You're correct. In any case, for someone like me, it might be a waste of money in the first place since I'm extremely awkward meeting new people. I'd either freeze, or worse, pass out. [hehe]

On a brighter note, Sayonara is out on my local iTunes and Spotify :1st:. I was listening to Nanami singing Naimononedari as I'm typing this. Really love this song :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  8. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I went to my first HS event few months ago. Met Nishino and Ikuta, these two were very quiet. The most popular members I think don't interact much, but fans just want to have the chance to meet them. While others like Hori, Wakatsuki, Nakamoto etc were more attentive and responsive to the fans.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I can imagine Nishino being quiet. I thought Ikuchan would be a bit more active. [hehe]

In any case, you're so lucky to have such an opportunity! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

well i guess it's a whole new arena when meeting fans, though on camera one may think a certain member would be nice to meet, but reality is the opposite. i actually thought KTK is pretty popular, having read HS results, it was a bit surprising. after observing her a few times, yah, she might be boring (oopps, too harsh...:v:) or just bad at greeting fans. same with poor Maaya, she's funny and looks energetic, but this girl is one of the younger 1st gen member, who might not be really good interacting with fans. that experience definitely will hunt her the rest of the way, as her HS result shows. really sad to hear that. perhaps safe to assume that is the case with local and foreign fans alike.
    if i have the time and can go to these hand shakes, yeah, why not, i'll go meet them, Maaya at least, but time is a luxury i can't afford :cry2:

11. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    This. Yassss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

12. ABF48

ABF48 Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^Already more than Harujion's frist week sale! Great job, Nogizaka-chan!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Btw, how the mini live ticket thing works? Do you buy a HS and you get to decide whether you'll use it for HS or mini live or you specifically chose to buy the mini live?

15. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Mini live is during the "National" HS events only.
    The limited edition CDs Type A-D come with a ticket for the "National" HS event which anyone can participate. This ticket can be used for a HS or view the mini live.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rurouni

I'm asking this because the lesser popular member might get a bump in HS sales but it turns out that people bought it for the mini live. I was hoping for a separate choice for mini live.

17. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    The popularity is determined by the "Individual" HS events, which is won by lottery. The sold blocks information that we often see refer to the "Individual" HS events.

18. Rurouni

Oh, I see. To be clear, there is an individual HS event, which we usually see here, then there is a national HS event which is usually those group HS (where one lane consist of 3 members) and they do mini live there. The national HS event ticket came with the limited edition CD instead of the regular edition.
    Am I right?

19. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Yep you are correct :)

20. Varianth

Varianth Kenkyuusei

They're way ahead of previous sales too. Feels like it's definitely because of graduation but still so happy for them!