1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 16th (Sayonara no Imi) (2016/11/09)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 30, 2016.

1. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Ah my bad, I've forgotten. I thought that Hadashi first week was 848k. :^^;:

Hmm yea it will be around 800-850k a week, and there's a possibility to reach 1M for final sales.

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

If Nanamin graduation and selling the mini live separately can't help them (to reach 1M), then they need to bring the 3rd gen.
    Anyway, I'm sure their real sales will be more than 1M.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rem

Rem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    One million shipments!

They will be first artist in nine years (excluding AKB48) to reach the million for singles and it'll be certified next month.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    you mean the million is confirmed?

• Like Like x 1
  5. don

don Kenkyuusei

I have a couple versions on order but went ahead and bought the digital "Special Edition" gotta have my new music now! anyways as much as I enjoy the new single I'm liking 3 of the other songs even more. 君に贈る花がない, ブランコ, あの教室.
    The quality of music Nogi46 is putting out is really amazing. love it!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Varianth

Varianth Kenkyuusei

So happy the single got a million shipped units! Nanamin must be happy that in her last single she was able to help the group reach that milestone.

Question, So those Shiny slips of paper that come with all the singles[A-D]. I have a few of them but I don't live in Japan. There's really nothing I can do with them right?

I know they've got something to do with handshake events and such. But again, don't live in Japan. Hahaha

7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    1,013,000 shipped units to be exact. And they're selling out like crazy. In shops and on amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

great first day sales and hope this single will reach 1 mil eventually:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Glad to see Nogis get off to a great start with the sales. Here's to them continuing a strong tradition of increasing sales.

Go, Nogizaka-chan, and beat your record! :banana:

10. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    that's really great to hear!! that they are selling out in shops seems to indicate that tons of "regular people" are buying them.

11. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Are the members naturally amazing? Or is it being in Nogizaka46 that makes them amazing? Is it true for all members? For example Maaya or KTK?

12. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I can't say. I think it's both. Many of them are amazing to start with (Ikuchan, for example), although perhaps a bit "rough around the edges". Being in Nogizaka46, with all of the tough training regiments, polished them to perfection.

Is it true for all members? I would say so, although of course I didn't follow each member closely (something I'm trying to do now, in the wake of Maimai's and Nanamin's graduations). But as for Maaya, I do think she's charming and funny. She might be not very popular, but that doesn't mean that she's not amazing. Rotti is an amazing singer and is cute, too, but she's somehow not that popular either.

13. husna212

husna212 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina
    Million seller confirmed and certified?

14. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

It's crazy that akb has sold every single in the last 9 years over 1 million, and not a single other group or artist has even had one.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Perhaps it's because AKB singles also involve members of ske, hkt , etc. In short, the fan base is expanded.

• Like Like x 1
  16. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    How come Maimai couldn't do the same? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That's weird.

Shipments are a thing and sales are another.
    Basically, management (or whoever manufactures the CDs) calculates how many they're going to sell (seeing the progression of their past singles) and produces what they thing will end up selling. Sales are when the people have already paid for that.

AKB's Beginner also had this buzz around it that it was the first single to ship a million copies, but it took them a while to actually sell that million.
    Taking a look at the single's Wiki page, you can see they sold 954,283 copies in 2010 (in two months, basically).
    It took them until the end of January 2011 (three months) to actually get to the million mark. Here's how stage48 celebrated the news. :^^;:

Anyway, my point is that while Nogi might have shipped a million copies, it might take a while for them to actually get there.
    800k for first week? Sure.
    But looking at their past sales, I feel it will settle on the 900k mark. The total sales are usually around 100k + the 1st week sales.
    Unless the wotas try to make a point and stretch themselves buying and/or the song is insanely popular... yeah, 900k seems reasonable.

The NEXT single though... [hehe]

What they should do before the bubble bursts is do Tokyo Dome!
    So hopefully for the 5th anniversary. I think they would take the crown from AKB as fastest artist to do it? :^O^:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^I hope the next one will indeed break 1 million. But, please, not because it's another graduation single. :(

• Like Like x 1
  19. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls