Single Nogizaka46 18th [Nigemizu] (2017/08/09)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^Decent numbers for today

2. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Great. So by the 3rd day it has catched up with Influencer. It might be able to surpass Influencer 1st week, finger crossed.

3. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Taiyou Knock helped by 7-eleven limited edition which contain a song with MV (Hane no Kioku, great song and stunning MV). I think that kind of miracle wont happen this time. But I'm quite confident with first week mark. Not big jump, but little increase sound plausible.

I'm more concern to Nigemizu's longevity. Summer single have this issue except Girls Rule and may be Hadashi. I hope WW's hype boost after first week's sales.

4. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Finally out in my local iTunes and Spotify, so I can listen to the high quality versions. This single is quite senbatsu-oriented, by which I mean that there are so many songs by the senbatsu and no special unit songs.

5. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Under is by far one of my fav Nogi songs ever. It's truly fantastic. Loved that wonder-woman song too. The rest were meh to. But damn Under is too good.

6. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Influencer after three days: 826,626

Looks like we closed the gap! (by 82 :D)

Let's see if we can keep going on a roll throughout the (three-day) weekend!

7. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    After listening to the high-quality versions, I think that my current ranking of the songs are:

1. Hito Natsu no Nagasa Yori (should've been the A-side!)
    2. (tie) Nigemizu (still couldn't go over the pauses when not watching the MV)
    2. (tie) Mirai no Kotae (another simple, cheerful summer song)
    3. Under (I thought this one will be higher on my list. But I think it kind of lost its impact somehow without the MV).
    4. Naitatte Iijanaika (catchy little song)
    5. Onna wa Hitori ja Nemurenai (basically a good song, although my first few listens give me an impression that there's something missing)
    6. Live Shin (sounds kinda OK when watching the MV, but totally messy without it)

Still putting the songs on repeat, might change how I feel about them in the future.

8. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
    Nogizaka46's 18th Single (Nigemizu) (4th Day Sales)
    Day 4: 26,115 (1st)
    Total Sales: 852,823

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I've been listening to the songs from the single for more than a week now, so time to give my opinion!

Nigemizu
    I was quite surprised the first time I heard the HQ version through my headphones. The song contains many subtle details, a nice beat, and a great bassline. Quite the difference from the first impression, which was the live show at Ongaku no Hi. Back then, I wrote it off as a Skydiving 2.0 - the slightly less boring version. Fortunately, that isn't the case. As for the Claire de Lune part, I am not pro or anti. I guess it fits the concept. As a summer song though, I am somewhat disappointed. Although I applaud the fact they went with something different this time, I miss the in-your-face approach of Hadashi de Summer or the feel-good vibe of Girls' Rule.

Onna wa Hitori ja Nemurenai
    A superhero-themed song done right. It has an epic feel to it, without overdoing it. I love the punchy palm-muted riffs during the verses and the guitar solo is cool. I want to mention the drums as well. The way they build up suspense with just the kicks, and the creative fills towards the end of the song, it all feels good. The vocals work best in the more quieter parts of the song.

Naitatte Iijanaika?
    The hardest song to grasp somehow. The chorus is fine and delivers with its soothing vocals. The rest of the song though...it misses something. I am not a fan of the fast singing in the verses. The bridge is nice, but too short and therefore hard to notice.

Hito Natsu no Nagasa Yori...
    I fell in love with this song instantly when I heard it live. Hearing the single version made it even better. It's a rich and dynamic song. The chorus is amazing and catchy as f*ck, but the other parts of the song have their own qualities as well. There is this delightful bassline that pops up every now and then, a nice duel between acoustic and electric guitars during the bridge, and the vocals are spot on during the entire song.

Under
    The absolute highlight of the single. The Under songs from Influencer and the 3rd album didn't do it for me. I am a fan of the dramatic approach of songs like Shitto no Kenri and Futougou, and while this song is not that good, I am glad they went that way again. The feels hit you from the start and from then, the song manages to meander between hope and despair flawlessly. The vocals are goosebump-inducing as well. They sure picked the right members for the right lines.

Live Shin
    A very nice tune. Stylistically, it bears some resemblance with Mangetsu ga kieta, but this time done right. It has a nice pace and progression, and the autotuning is on a more acceptable level. Best part is the heavy middle part, with the crunchy low-pitched guitar synths. Only thing I don't like is the voice constantly saying "peace" in my left ear. And I wonder why this was chosen as the song for 2nd gen. I think it would have fitted better for a subunit.

Mirai no Kotae
    Decent song, but falls short when compared to the godlike Sanbanme or the uplifting Omoide First. But those songs are hard to top anyway. I like how this song also has this distinctive 3rd gen sound, especially vocalwise. It just isn't a very exciting song, without a real surprise or climax.

Overall, I think this single is a solid release. Is it better than Influencer? Hard to say. Influencer had more highs and lows, while Nigemizu's quality is more balanced. Although this single doesn't contain an all-time classic, I am satisfied.

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    900k possible or something?

11. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Week 1? Nah, probably around 880. Unless there's a miracle.

12. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Day 5: 15,728
    Total: 868,551

Please please please! 880k for the week!

13. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    So they dropped a bit on Tuesday but had the best historical sales for Thurs, Fri and Sat with 2nd best on Wednesday only behind whatever madness happened for Harujion.

So much for "bad centres" and "stupid pauses".
    [hehe]

14. Maiyang

Maiyang Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Tender days... Tender days... Keep this spirit isnt the first time .... make this learning. Mgmnt should be careful in experimenting for the next single.

15. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    How many was Influencer's first week? I can't find it in wiki.

16. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
  17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  18. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    800k is a great feat. Usually they get these steady sale lineups and then bam new record sale! Hoping for 900k for their next single.

Experiments aren't that bad at least the management knows what to do next. :)

19. OhYeaH!

OhYeaH! Kenkyuusei

I think it's a push - not an experiment. I just looking back for past few singles and I think the sale is still OK. As Kanjo said, wed, thu, fri got best sales which is great. They will steady reach 1 million as influencer.

To comment about quality of song, I think it's pretty well done. For me my fav of this single are Unders, Naitatte, and HitoNatsu. Nigemizu, Onna wa Hito and Live Kami need to watch MV to enjoy them. Mirai no Kotae is good overall, just not my favorite.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

20. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

IMHO

this single is not bad at all,
    i like all the song , i mean yeahh i like all of it.. nigemizu is good, it has this calm summer feeling in it

beside from the senbatsu, its okay for me, their Summer singles always like this. always different

what got my attention is how will the 19th single be like... their song for the end of the year always have big impact ... i hope its not a grad song..

so far.. the FALL or WINTER song always got a steady center.. or is there ever a new center for FALL/WINTER song? CMIIW

i'm looking forward to a new center for 2nd gen (i hope miria will get it, or ranze)
    if 1st gen will get center (let it be Marika or Hinachima)

other than that maybe mngmnt will stick with maiyan/nanase/asuka/hori/eto/manatsu/ikuta for center *some of them never get in center but they are steady with their position,
    their chance to be center is bigger.. but who knows...

Honestly, is it just me or "Eto voice in Igai Break is so beautiful *why they didn't give her a solo song or something else"
    *replay your Igai Break.. her voice in the early minute is beauty

• Like Like x 1