1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 19th (Itsuka Dekiru Kara Kyou Dekiru) (17/10/11)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 27, 2017.

1. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Both of you have valid points. There will always be some repercussions in every decision.
    Honestly I thought the '3rd gen' brand would finally end with 18th having two of them as centers, and the regular cover incorporates four more mixed with Under top members. It's as if it was signaling a 'unification'.
    But that's not the case in 18th, nor this single.
    Then again, 19th is a special single built around a big project with special senbatsu that might have been decided even before 18th, so let's think of this as an exception. Not having 3rd gen in senbatsu is reasonable, although they always have the option to enlarge the senbatsu quota. Shoving 12 people into Under also isn't wise, it will become no-win situation because it's too crowded for just a coupling song. The only option is to have them independent (again).

Or is it? I've suggested this once in another thread (forgot if it's 17th or 3rd gen) but I'll say it again as my opinion remains unchanged; if they want to finally mix all 3rd gens into the usual Nogi formations, an option is to have Unders split into 2 teams, and be treated as equals (be it the song choice, MV aesthetics, distribution of popular members, etc). 45 people, if senbatsu has max. 21 members in a single, the remaining 24 divided into two Unders with 12 members for each one sounds fair. More screen time for every member, more songs and MVs for us.

Still, 19th is special and the main focus is the senbatsu, and '3rd gen' brand is too strong to be wasted if not milked to its maximum capability. So I can see why it's not happening.

But 20th. That single will come out next year, we may witness if Nogizaka really has come to a new era.

About this, if Ringo can have a duet with Iku, any other member can :p
    Joking aside, I have faith in Kubochan. This will be a great learning experience for her, it's just like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn carrying out a mission together (pardon the star wars analogy)

2. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    My thing with the 3rd gen brand is that in the end, I don't know whether they'll ever be Unders, whether they are Kenkyuusei, or if they are trying something in the lines of Hiragana Keyaki, which by itself is still something quite undefined.
    It's not that I don't like it, but I would like them to start blending more with the other 2 generations soon. It's okay since they are a kind of trainee team, but they're growing steadily enough to be given the same opportunities as regular members (as in ultimately ending 3rd gen as a unit and putting them in Senbatsu and Under - the equivalent of a promotion).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  3. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

I don;t think so. Otherwise, they would never have chosen Momoko and Yuki as the centers for last single. Neru is part of the Kanji as well as Hiragana.

I genuinely feel they are pushing/favoring the 3rd gen members for investment value. The 1st and 2nd gen non-senbatsu girls are much older than 3rd gen members. Like I said in previous post, I am confident they will choose 3rd gen members over 2nd gen/1st gen members when the regular senbatsu members start graduating.

4. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    But that's exactly what he said... they got too much push compared to their senpais so it looks like their a different unit entirely. Kinda like what happened to Kanji and Hiragana Keya... Well, hopefully the lack of unity won't happen though

EDIT: That being said, I agree with your post about investment value... it's about selling at the end

5. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Agree with this. I don't think 18th single airdrop is just a random experiment. In just under a year, look how far they have come. Himetan made a smart decision of graduating and not participate in this single. Which members do we expect management will give more opportunity? Kawago, Chi, Kotoko, Ayane, Maaya OR Momoko, Yoda, Kubo, Mizuki? I made it bottom UG vs top 3rd gen (sort of) since Hinachima, Ranze, maybe even Miria, are still in the running. Too early to predict but the way things are going, if management will give those UG any kind of good break in Nogi, they would have gotten it already.
    IMO, they already surpass UG. Take it with a grain of salt though ;)
    The great thing about this is we are talking about Ikuta Erika. We all know her caliber and we expect nothing less. Yes there's pressure on Kubo. But she doesn't have to outperform Ikuchan. I'm confident enough to know they wouldn't put her in this position just to get destroyed. She will learn a lot from this experience. I wouldn't be this excited if they pair her with any other senpai.

6. gekikara404

gekikara404 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    cant wait :cute:

7. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's not separating them any more than unders is being separated by always having a song.
    I'm glad that (a) the tradition of all members in each release is continuing.
    and (b) that unders isn't being taken over by the shiny new 3rd gens. A small unders is great for balance. Senbatsu will always be better but a small unders gives each member a chance for exposure.
    I still wish they rotated more. Some senbatsu members dropping would give more exposure to unders and open a chance for some more 2nd gens to get their debut.
    Plenty of regular senbatsu who don't deserve permanent status even if they deserve 2 senbatsu per year.

9. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    We want names. NAMES!

10. hazehazy

hazehazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoda Yuki
    Ikoma, Sayuringo, Marika. I'm aware Marika isn't a permanent senbatsu member but she only missed like one senbatsu in the last 8 single so it's close enough.

11. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    LMAO :D

Well... those three still sells well though. Maybe not by CD sell standard, but to the Nogi brand as a whole. Also by Japan's culture, it's pretty impossible for Ikoma to be dropped to Under at this stage I guess.

If I should mention a name, then it's Manattan. Put Kotoko instead :D

12. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Manattan is one of the best sellers and probably top 5 most popular members outside fandom

13. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I'd say Hoshimina. Definitely not perma Senbatsu worthy in my opinion.
    I'm okay with Ikoma because she still caters to a specific kind of audience (older fans, anime otaku, etc).

14. glsone

glsone Member

Girls like Ikoma and Sayuringos individual recognition is high enough at this point that being in senbatsu doesn't help them. They'll still get just as many tv appearances, just as many acting gigs, etc being in unders because their individual brand is strong enough.

15. GodslayerNanami

GodslayerNanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree. Call me biased or anything, but in my opinion the Marika now deserves a spot in senbatsu as much as Wakatsuki or Reika, hell maybe even Misa or Kazumi. She's been the best performer for at least the last 3 singles, the fact that she is not as "externally" popular as Sayuringo and Ikoma, makes it more reasonable to put Marika in (as a permanent) senbatsu. Cause if anyone deserves a push right now, it is her.

Sent from my LG-H845 using Tapatalk

16. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  17. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    F*** YEAH! The return of seifuku! It's been so long...

18. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Back to their roots

19. aisukurimu99

aisukurimu99 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    It's been a while since we've seen seifuku :cute: Nogi's recent aesthetics have been nice, but this kind of seifuku aesthetics has always been what defines the group for me.

20. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Looks really good & only fitting for this project. Type B reminds me of few past covers, not particularly bec of their uniform but more on how Maiyan and Ikuchan are positioned. And I thought I saw Maimai looking at Manatsu.