1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 20th (Synchronicity) (18/04/25)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    I think they drop their sales on natsu no free and easy or am I wrong?

2. VoirDire

VoirDire Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I think you make a fair point but if I may add to the discussion, I generally have some reservations with that view.

I think this nogi "identity" and the distinctive sounds in their songs is what draws many of us fans to nogizaka in the first place.

Of course, I do agree that nogi could still mix things up whilst still retaining their "identity", but previous singles like influencer (or hadashi, inochi ha etc.) have demonstrated that nogizaka is in fact capable of releasing "different" sounding songs too.

Further, I don't think it would be entirely correct to say that previous singles like nigemizu, itsuka, ima hanishitai are similar sounding - we might even go right back to kidzuitara. I think they each possess unique features and in any case we should take the A-side song, the mv, the choreography etc. as a whole in our evaluation, and on closer scrutiny, the past singles have all been markedly different.

Rest assured, even if nogizaka started releasing similar sounding songs in the future without changing anything drastic, I would still be an active follower of this group :). In fact, I have never found any of their previous singles to be "boring". Though I may not like all of them, but that is a different thing from saying its outright boring.

If you want different sounding songs, then may I draw your attention to the 1st gen song in this single ("against") - which oozes similar vibes to songs like seifuku, and maybe the 2nd gen song if you want something even more drastic! :)

Point being, nogizaka does experiment with many different sounding songs, and while A-side songs might all sound similar to you, I believe we should take the whole single as a complete package before coming to any kind of conclusion.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 10
  3. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    oh yeah i missed it , will edit the post later . they drop at natsu no free and easy .

4. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I don't know why you have to put down 48 everytime you defend nogi. Like I've said before, Nogi are at 20th single, AKB are at 52nd... Nogi eventually will fall just like AKB after 20 more singles or so esp once the faces of the group: maiyan, nanase, ikuchan etc are gone, nogi will go the same route AKB did. It's just a matter of time. Nogi are still reaching their peak and they will continue to do in the foreseeable future but what's up will go down at some point.

Also, no one says the style/song is boring, it's the HABIT that is boring, we essentially have been getting 3 mid tempo ballads in a row now from Nogi and this is coming from someone who LOVES Synchronicity and nogi ballads. It wouldn't hurt to change it up every 2-3 singles.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I couldn't agree more with this. I personally love the mid tempo ballads they are releasing; those kind of songs drew me to J-pop (e.g. Buono! late Hello Project group) and I hope they continue to be in this phase.

Nogizaka46 is fine sticking from their image IF it is the main single which make them standout from other groups. We have side-B's to do the variation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Ok , you can take my apology if my salty comment is not fair since one is only at 20th and the others on 52 . but afaik , regeneration is not on danger points in nogi , '' group face '' is balanced between prominent member from 1st gen , 2nd gen until 3rd gen , well imo it'll not going into downhill in recent years if they can maintain all of this. downhill is inevitable for any group , but i've thought that it will not come in nearly time :) . mgmt decision sure is not perfect , but its not getting worse time by time , that's was also can be their strength to gain more newer fans . in other hand what 48 do in my POV is always getting worse , lack of regeneration , weird decision making , unstoppable experiments , can they just stick on 1 idea or pushes to bring back their glory ? its come from me who's still buying their latest single , attending their event.

i'm also have mention it back in the days , one is regenerating and one is on their peak , comparison seems unfair , but as time goes by , idk which is better word for 48G , regenerating , experimenting or digging tons of money .

if its good i'll say good , if its bad i'll put it down , but if you dont like my words , you can take my apology and i dont want to pull more debates in here :)

about the HABIT which is being called boring , seeing some quotes above ,

i'm also agreed , if it still works its not a bad decision too keep the momentum

• Like Like x 1
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Don't want to jump on you so don't take this personally but I see this argument on the forum a lot (from a lot of users) and it often bugs me.
    I get what you're saying and you're not wrong but I usually disagree with it's relevance. In this case, a user said AKB is releasing a wide variety of songs but they're still bad. Whether we agree on that aside, it doesn't really have much to do with what you're saying here.

I just think the argument is overused in inappropriate places. It's just a minor irk so no big deal but I see it a lot so it built up over time and I wanted to respond to it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

The only reason I brought it up was because the other member I was replying to said "nogi and akb are not on the same league" because they are not for the reason I listed above which came to, ironically, like you're stating here, an irrelevant point. 46 should not be compared to 48.

My point and some other members here that we do love nogi mid tempo ballads (at least most of us), we just want some variety. Variety does not mean 48 music. Even Nogi summer songs are different than AKB classic summer songs.

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Again it's more a response to the overuse of the sentiment in general than your response to CrssA. The only reason calling group age and peaking into a discussion in my opinion would be if someone said something like "Nogizaka is more popular than AKB ever was" which I have never seen.
    Though it's just occurring to me now we may have different interpretations of the league comment. I just assumed it was about music.

On variety I agree with you and if Synchronity was not such a good song I would probably be a bit biffed by the 3rd ballad in a row (also helps that I liked the other two).

10. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Well... so far senbatsu songs are mostly ballad, so I guess they are building a brand image with that type of songs, which so far fans loved. The good thing is Unders and coupling songs typically balance it with a different genre. Even Unit songs gives a lot of difference also.

EDIT : IMO having a lot of hit ballad songs is good for the future of the group. It's more likely that ballads will become evergreens in the future, even after the group disbanded. I can't imagine our old selves singing to Glass wo Ware for instance :D although that may happen too...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. scoobydl

scoobydl Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    Saying "AKB and Nogi are not on the same league" isn't actually wrong though? I mean, Nogi has never achieved 1m sales in their first day ever like AKB. However, I don't hear this sentence much these days, all I hear is "Keyakizaka46 is an artist group."

Personal, I like Nogi b/c of their style of song, and their style of song also fit well together with their image: elegant. Plus, it's not like there will just 1 song each single anw. They have a lot of different song with different genes in each single, so what's the problem here again?

12. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I love both group equally.

Or more like...I like any AkiP-made groups.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Woah. Lively discussion in a Nogi thread?! This must be the darkest of all timelines... LOL!

If mid-tempo ballads are Nogi's thing, then keep doing 'em. If it gets boring after a while, switch to Unders or unit songs. That 2nd Gen, Scout Man, is something else, right? My favorite on this single so far and that ain't no ballad. Never noticed the trend of ballads for their singles. I only noticed that they've been releasing good songs. Songs that I like. They keep doing that and it may get boring as well. Not much to fear. There's always something to find fault with.

Glad to see that the rivalry still exists between Nogi and AKB. They are forever linked considering Nogi was christened as the official rival of AKB. Seems to extend to their fans as well... You've got yours. I've got mine. Opinions that is. We've all got 'em!

For example, I doubt Nogi will ever achieve 1M 1st day sales -- mid-tempo ballads don't move the crowd that way! It'll have to be something really good to do that. I look forward to Nogi making me eat crow.

Can Synchronicity be that one? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  14. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think Nogi's strategy to keep releasing similar sounding A-side is appropriate, it's what bring new fans to their distinctive sound. Ballad is Nogi's strong point and it's what draws me to their music.
    Existing fans on the other hand can explore their B-sides which consist of many different style of songs if it gets boring at some point.

15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Personally, I don't like this quote. Human evolve into better and perfect creature, by trying something new and modify what they have into better thing. If they just do the same thing without having courage to make innovation, maybe we all here still live as an ape.

Nogi is also the same. They have to and will make a change, because they are now aiming wider market. Not only Japan. I believe they can keep their identity and put some different sound that is more suitable for the different market. On the other hand, the change on how they do the marketing for group and single, by opening the regional block on their official channel was good decision. And, it would be even better, if Nogi mngmnt also upload their dance practice video. This will help people who want to cover their dance and it can become good marketing strategy.:)

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I love Nogi cause their ballad songs. If they change their image and make more songs like Natsu&Free, I will probably not follow them anymore. SayoImi wad my first ever Nogi's song that I love in my first time of hearing that song.

17. ryuu15

ryuu15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    every group has their uniqueness and their way / style ... thats didn't fair to compared to another group

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

18. Bertowski21

Bertowski21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    ssshhhhhh...!!! they don't show the practice cause it is way too harsh, don't wanna be accused for some child exploitation now do we? :hehe:

19. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Maybe we better move this discussion to the General thread instead :).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kelvin

Kelvin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    I think he mean like the KPOP style of showing dance practice video.

I disagree. That quote doesn't mean be constant and don't evolve or change thus the first word IF. Change is constant in this world and there will always be struggle and hardship in life, so failing is inevitable thus being broke. Why does people inventing weapons from stone to gun? because they keep on losing on battle or having a hard time hunting for food thus failing or being broke so they need to fix it.

In short, that quote doesn't mean to do the same thing over and over again because like I said change is constant so they will struggle and that's the time to fix it and evolution will happen.
    Sorry for the off topic post.:)