1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 23rd [Sing Out!] (2019/05/29)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 31, 2019.

1. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    but probably still pronounced in Japanese, like Singu Outo :^^;::lol:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Barrette? 7th single, miona centre

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    girls rule too i think

• Like Like x 2
  4. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Influencer too, right?

• Like Like x 2
  5. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I think what @ryandtw is saying is that Sing Out! seems to be written in English letters, while songs like Barrette, Girls Rule, Influencer, Synchronicity were all written in katakana, despite being English words.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Asuka is actually interested in learning English, too. Her “Harry’s English Class” radio segment just recently started becoming more serious, going from ‘one step above Nogieigo’ to resembling an actual English beginner’s conversation program.

I thought that was a coincidence, but it’s possible that management is positioning Asuka and Ikuta as the new aces who can speak English to appeal to an international audience, esp. with the Olympics coming up. Erika’s English is shockingly good (she showed up on Nogieigo before), considering most Japanese students stink at it.

• Creative Creative x 2
  7. BarneyInvisible

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    every week only 5min of speaking English wont help. It requires time and eager to learn. Japanese people are always busy, Asuka is probably one of the most busiest members, she wont have time.
    Beside, I know Japanese people, they're afraid of English, always talking how cool English is but really not spend much time learning it.

If Nogi (management) want the girls to be able to talk/communicate with international audience, they only have to rely on 2 members of gen4 who can speak English.

8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Sorry to side track, I know Kitagawa can speak fluently. Who is the other gen4?

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Seimiya Rei

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    It's also kinda funny and adorable that they both have that same California accent because of where they learned it.

11. Heelo

Heelo Kenkyuusei

I've never noticed the California accent myself (but I guess being from CA will do that). I sometimes wonder if my old Japanese friends will show up one day on Nogichuu.

12. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Sure, I doubt Asuka has the time or level of commitment to actually “learn” English. But she’s interested in foreign countries, likes English songs, and has traveled alone in London. If she's not afraid, she can definitely get to the point where she’s comfortable (relative to other members) doing English introductions and maaaybe have 10 sec conversation if an English fan shakes her hand. If the single contains English lyrics, she'll take the time to "understand" them.

I agree if they actually need a member to speak English, they’ll have to rely on those 4th gen, or Ikuta if she hasn’t forgotten hers. I’ve heard Manatsu also studied English lit in college, and Matsumura had high English scores. That doesn’t necessarily mean much since it’s Japan though, lol.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Lol, I just realized why I didn't notice Seimiya Rei speaks english, I skipped her introduction as she kinda put me off with the crying. But I go back and watching it now, turns out it's not that bad.

14. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Any prediction for Under formation and who will be Under center?
    This is my prediction. Formation 4-3-3 (without 4th gen)
    Reno-Maaya-Kotoko-Ayati
    Junna-Mukai-Rena
    Kanarin-Ranze(c)-Chima

The center could be Ranze or Rena. If it is Rena, I just swap their position.
    If mngmnt include 4th gen, I can't predict who will place at which posiiton.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  15. BarneyInvisible

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    dont believe them if they say their English is good :lol:

I dont know how they were studying in school but I can imagine "high English scores" = count from 1 to 10 test in Japanese pronunciation :^^;:

Matsumura or Manatsu or Ikuta you can check their English skill by watching "Why did you come to Japan" program
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/av39897374?from=search&seid=15068563799737623188
    (dont know if Engsub is available yet)

they always rely on translators

I have read and heard by Maiyan she's very confident in her English, but I bet it's the same :chuffed:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    The rumour said, Nakamura Reno is Under Center. My wish that will be Zakki. But Reno nice too.

And Maichun gave spoiler on her blog. She said Sing Out! is a spring single.

• Like Like x 3
  17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ Every information in your post makes me delighted! And I hope the Reno center is true.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. nogijinja

nogijinja Kenkyuusei

One of Maiyan's longest English-speaking segments is in NogiDoko ep 93 where they appear at the morning briefing for Rakuten employees (there are also speeches from Ikuta and Matsumura).

All three are pretty fluent, with varying degrees of accent.

19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I hope this is true.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

LOL this guy just drop a nuke without knowing the enemy lmao.
    his reaction is priceless after he knew she's a member of Nogizaka. [hehe]

Capture2.jpg