1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 23rd [Sing Out!] (2019/05/29)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 31, 2019.

1. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yay, 1M in a week... :banana:
    Despite selling less than Kaerimichi in a week, I still think it's a pretty good sales. Let's see how it goes from here...

2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    And so? The point was about something else. Not the sales. We all know for these groups those million sales are driven just by handshakes, the single could literally be just a fart and still selling like that.

Silent Majority has never reached the 1 million sales. Would you say is a less popular song than Sing Out! and most of (if not all) Nogizaka singles?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    How can you be so sure that this isn't a hit/ doesnt have any presence among japanese general public? I mean, just because no one posting their dance or singing cover of the song to the youtube doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't reach the general public. Do you really expect that someone in twitter posting some strangers singing or dancing Sing Out in the street to prove that this is reaching the general public? That's a plain stupid expectation. I honestly don't understand the standard you use to determine this.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Yeah. These are some ways. For a single like that, where the 'clapping along the song' is the signature thing, you would expect people covering it on social medias like the TT pose, the U.S.A dance move etc or when they were covering Koi suru Fortune Cookie. People is not doing it, why? Cringey and bad, nobody cares.

Then there are youtube views, karaoke, digital sales, streaming platforms etc. and in nothing that song is showing signs that it could become a major hit.
    As for now, the only strong factor is the physical sales, that is actually the standard for all these groups, and even in that it's not showing something that stands alone.

For a single where the purposes to make it a major, signature hit, where more blatant, since they called the exact same people of Influencer and Synchronicity for it, I would say that as for now the final results are quite a fail.
    Sure, things could change in the future, but I really don't think so since that's not a good single. Those "la la la la la, happy happy, clap clap, sing ouuuuut!" will go nowhere.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

just give a valid concrete evidence of what you claim and this discussion won't go on circle, it's like you're trying so hard to discredit 'Sing Out' you're beginning to sound like a broken record. seriously, i'm interested to know how you come up with this narrative: they're trying to pull a KFC, it's not popular with general public, it failed, ect. really, what proof do you have? i respectfully ask you to show some evidence. convince us and not just throw what i feel is just you personal opinion. try releasing a KFC kind of song today, it would be nothing more than that 'pineapple' song. but that's just my opinion. get what i'm saying? and man, 'Sing Out' is just one week old and it's a failure? really?

and oh btw,if you're familiar with gospel songs, clapping is very, very, very common. in my understanding, 'Sing Out' was meant to be a gospel-like song. i don't think the aim is to make it a happy song and try to reach the general public by clapping. you can correct me on this, i'm ready to listen. now if you're gonna use the single campaign as reference, then i'm good. i get what you're trying to sell.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    The single is officially out since a few days, but it's actually more than a month that the song is out.

I explained my point of why I think for this single they tried to get a major GP hit failing at that. (Calling the same people of Influencer and Synchronicity, the way the song is made, the campaign that reminded me of Koi Suru and Kokoro no Placard's concept, etc.). It's just that you do not agree and I'm ok with that.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NyanNyan's Pet

believe me, i'm trying to understand your argument. anyway let's just disagree then.

8. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Just let him eat his own sh*t anyway..

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    And what, you think if the song was truly popular people would post videos of them clapping on youtube?

I don't mean to gang up on you. You have just as much right to an opinion as everyone else. I just wonder if you've fully thought this one out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    That's one of the points of why i think this single fails to reach his purpose. You would never see people doing it deliberately and making it a signature iconic thing, cause it's cringey for them and don't care since they're even not into that song.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I just find it funny that you think they are trying hard to get a GP hit song. It seems just a narrative you are trying hard to build to discredit Nogi.
    First, they are calling Seishiro back just because they have been doing that with Influencer and Synchronicity, and they obviously like his choreo. Nothing like 'ok let's make it a GP hit this time', what? You don't even think Influencer and Synchronicity a GP hit, right?
    And just like someone else mentioning, this is a gospel influenced song, which common to have people clap.
    Also don't you notice this song don't really have easy to follow dance, comparing it with KFC is pointless. Whether it's Influencer, Synchronicity or Sing Out, it's actually a pretty intense dance with a lot of formation meant for big group, not for everybody to follow.

• Winner Winner x 7
  12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Influencer and Synchronicity were not exactly GP hits but became, especially Influencer, remarkable songs that most japanese people know and associates to nogizaka + JRA winners. If you bring back the exact same people who worked on that singles and MVs for that new song, of course you're trying to get another hit single that follows these steps, how could you not say that?

+ the clapping along this song, and the "share the happiness singing and dancing along with this single, people of all Japan", follows the "Koi Suru fortune cookie", "Kokoro no placard" concept, so where's you can see that they tried to make it as "universal" as possible.

There are all the elements that they did the most to try to make this single become a huge viral kind of hit, I really don't get how you can't see the evidence.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

and.. if they "did", what's wrong with that?

14. Naacha97

Naacha97 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    I don't really get the discussion about so call "hit song".. So what if sing out is not as successful as kfc, its not something to be worry about when nogi can sold more that millions album with just this "mediocre song",, sold out all concert n goods,, when the members can sold 100000++ photobooks. Nogi has reached the stage that they didn't really need the "hit song" anymore. They are doing fine without it.

Btw congrats nogi on 1 million sales:banana:

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  15. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Nothing, I was just saying that they failed to reach their purpose. And I would've liked the opposite, cause I would like too for Nogizaka to have a major national GP hit, but that wasn't the right way to do it.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. NyanNyan's Pet

man you're so persistent :lol:

yeah it's been playing say about a month now, a week since release and it already reached 1M. where does the word "fail" fit in?

this "purpose" you keep on mentioning is just playing inside your mind. you're so in to convincing yourself they have a purpose to replicate KFC/Kokoro which you justify with clapping, share happiness, singing along, etc. it's your own disappointment because you want them to have a GP hit, based on whatever category you have of a GP hit. come on, how long, how far will you go with this narrative. it's not about disagreeing anymore. what you're doing is shoving your personal opinion to everyone's face as if it's the universal truth. my friend, that's not gonna work no matter how hard you try.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

i think you just worried too much
    tbh i still dont get it what its mean for major national GP hit- but if you mean something viral or has long lasting impact i dont see a modest attempt for that somewhat diminishing the purpose. its obviously made for a sing along kind of song. talk this perspective based on mainstream market, i still fail to see anything wrong with, while like the other has said its technically still end as hit least for the fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Guys, it's getting tiring with this bickering.. let's change to other topics? These talks are better to be in the Unpopular Opinions or the Confession thread

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I'm not saying my opinion is the universal truth, that's what I think and I explained why. It's YOU that are saying that my opinion is bull..., tryhard to be edgy, dumbness and all of these things, so I guess it's not me the one who is not respecting other opinions.

To me there are several points that with this single they tried to do a thing that they wasn't able to accomlish and so we had a flat cheesy single. As I said, I prefer Nogi's more classy and not try-hard singles instead of this kind of mess. I'm not even a fan of Influencer despite the fact that it's probably their biggest song.

And, AKB had a major national hit in 2013, do you think in 2013 they needed to have this kind of big hit? I guess no, but despite that, they managed to get it. That's what I think Nogizaka failed at. There's not a problem to not have a major national GP hit. There's a problem when you try hard to get it but still fail, and we have a really mediocre cheesy single instead as a result.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Well.. someone trying so hard to make his opinion as a public opinion, so why should he move to unpopular opinion threads? :p

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2