Single Nogizaka46 23rd [Sing Out!] (2019/05/29)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 31, 2019.

1. halcyon

halcyon Kenkyuusei

It's definitely interesting reading everyone's different tastes and opinions on the songs. I also appreciate people taking the time to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  2. hiraganatwice

hiraganatwice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    Am I Loving is the godlike song.

3. Seditious85

Seditious85 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Twitter:
    orandazaka46
    For me, it is really good but not up there with stellar songs like Nichijou, Against, Chopin and Kokoro no Monologue.

4. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shirashi Mai
    anyone with good Japanese can tell me why in most of Nogizaka lyrics use "僕"(boku)? its a girls idol song

and as far I know Japanese girls dont call them self "僕", they only use 私("watashi" or "atashi"), as you can see thats what they are using when they're talking normal daily life, on Nogichuu or variety shows.

only men use "僕", or "俺", like Bananaman.

5. MasToppu

MasToppu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ito Juna
    Twitter:
    MasToppu
    Because it is cuter and feel more personal. Moreover, Riria also use Boku in everyday conversation.:)

6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    A lot of girls sing songs from a male perspective. (Atarashii Sekai is from the perspective of a gay man) So it's the "main character"'s words. And since there are a lot of songs like that, it became normal for girls to sing "boku" even if the MC is a girl.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Seditious85

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Twitter:
    orandazaka46
    Single is out on Spotify worldwide! Much faster than the 4th album.

• Like Like x 2
  8. halcyon

halcyon Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  9. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shirashi Mai
    because she liked to dress and act like man so she use boku

but the normal girls always use watashi or atashi. only in songs lyrics Ive seen some.

10. vshav

vshav Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotone
    So far the performance from Music Fair has the best camera works.

11. Seditious85

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Twitter:
    orandazaka46
    I am not sure, but maybe it also gives more freedom rhythmically. Three syllables versus two syllables.

12. vshav

vshav Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotone
    I read somewhere Japanese songs tend to use Boku so that the song can be seen from both male's and female's perspective. Like it seems only in songs that Boku is seen as gender-neutral. Although in conversation, Boku is mostly used by young boys. Using atashi is leaning too much for women, ore too much for men. Watashi is okay though it seems kinda formal maybe?

13. MasToppu

MasToppu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ito Juna
    Twitter:
    MasToppu
    Boku usually is used by a kid or parents who talk with their little children. So, I think Riria is still getting used to this kind of talking way and it become her habit. I believe she won't use it anymore in the future. Or, she can still use it as her Idol chara.

Watashi isn't limited to women. Even if you are a guy, you still need to use it to refers yourself, when you are talking with stranger, or in a formal occasion, like talking with client or your superior. Moreover, Kasuga from Audrey also use watashi even though he is a guy and one of the craziest one.

On the other hand, Ore is the most casual and even rough way to call yourself. You only use it to a really close friend. But mostly, Japanese omit the self-referring word like this when they are talking to other people.

So, I think it is more to how lyricist want to create the nuance of that song. If they want to create relaxing or more personal atmosphere through the lyrics, they may use Boke.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Riria doesn't use it because she's young, she uses it because she does crossdressing.

15. MasToppu

MasToppu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ito Juna
    Twitter:
    MasToppu
    I'm just guessing.
    But, did she mention that? Like on her blog or SR or maybe Koujichuu?

16. halcyon

halcyon Kenkyuusei

If you follow Riria enough, you can tell that she has a tomboy-ish personality, which is another reason why she uses the 'boku' pronoun.

17. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    She's actually ashamed of it, so no. It was found on her sns when she joined. She probably doesn't do it anymore but her boyish personality hasn't changed.

18. RedBug

RedBug Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Her mother mentioned it in Koujichuu. It's cute how Riria seemed so embarassed as she's doing it in secret yet her mother stalked her and told it in a TV show. How Riria uses 'boku' might be assumed based on that.

19. MasToppu

MasToppu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ito Juna
    Twitter:
    MasToppu
    So, basically we don't know the exact reason why she use boku, right? What I know is she got confidence in using boku (after joined Nogi) after Asuka said that she like that and call her bokukko. I remember she also talked about boku on one of Nogiroom episode.

20. SteCola

SteCola Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    I remember an episode where parents told secret things of their 3rd gen girls and about Riria we knew that she crossdressed as a boy, pretended to be one, and made youtube lives like that. So yeah, that' why she uses "boku", cause she feels has a "boyish" part on her and feels more comfortable using it.