Single Nogizaka46 25th [Shiawase no Hogoshoku] (2020/03/25)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Synchro have the record for Best "1st week sales " for Nogi : 1,116,852 copies

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    He asked about Kaerimichi sales.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Yeah the slope is not steep at all. That's why it looks flat in the MV (though you can sort of see the gradient with the side-on view of the HS girl after she turns over to see Maiyan)

I went there purely for Nogi-jinja and check out Nogi-zaka.

4. nogijinja

nogijinja Kenkyuusei

Genuinely flattered...

I believe that this particular saka was one of the traditional ghost hills of Tokyo, and was named Yureizaka until it was renamed in memory of General Nogi.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    today's Music Station 3 hours SP. Maiyan's(and Sayunyan's) final performance as Nogizaka46 . the earlier Synchronicity performance is at its own thread. this is the medley of Gals Rule and Shiawase no Hogoshoku
    https://ok.ru/video/1567464753817

• Like Like x 3
  6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Last performance...Maiyan :cry::cry::cry:
    Sayonara to Arigatou...

I hope we can still see her in graduation concert.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    final in M-sta , but could still perform elsewhere if there's music events(albeit without audience).
    grad concert will likely be postponed. maybe like grad first , concert few months later. or they could even go paid digital platform, no audience, streamed concert which would be kind of strange for a graduation concert of an ace. Or both, do digital streamed first to appease the fans and then actual months later.

8. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    OMG she's so pretty I am gonna cry

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Maiyan looked like a goddess there..

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I listened to the new single a lot this week, and as usual I formed an opinion. It is no secret that I was fairly disappointed in the 2019 singles of Nogizaka46. While the A-sides were decent, it missed a high quality kami song and I found them to be lacking overall. Will the first single of 2020 do things differently? Let’s find out!

Shiawase no Hogoshoku
    In the first half minute, it becomes very clear Nogizaka46 is treading new ground with this song. The atmosphere can best be described as ‘warm’. The full and round bass lays the foundation for this feeling, and is quite melodic on its on. There are lot of others things going on though. Strings, brass and synths are nicely balanced, alternating their melodies without getting in each other's way, while the drums push the song forward in a moderate pace, only to add a touch of urgency in the pre-chorus with effective snare use. The song doesn’t stand out vocally, but it has some nice harmonies and it just flows very well with the instrumentals. The choirs are a nice touch as well. A really nice listen.

Sayonara Stay With Me
    This song gives me summer vibes, mostly because of the open guitar chords with a subtle distortion for that rocky sound. The verses are more held back, and have some nice choir work and simple yet effective synth melodies. The chorus is the real winner though. The ascending strings and melodic vocal lines work perfectly together and contrasts so well with the quieter parts of the song. I can’t stop moving my head to that driving rhythm as well. I want to mention the bridge as well, because those vocals… man, are they full of emotion! One of the best songs on this single.

Jaa ne
    This song follows the template of every graduation solo song. Emotional piano melodies, dramatic strings, warm bass and repetitive drum work. And most of the time, this type of song doesn’t really work for me. This one is a bit different however. It doesn’t get me all that emotional, but I just love Maiyan’s voice. That lovely, high pitched voice. Fragile and full of sentiment. I don’t think I ever heard her so ‘real’. I hope that more members can write lyrics in the future, because it puts so much more soul into it. I do think however that the song is a bit too long, and that it would be more effective if it was around 5 minutes. On the other hand, I want Maiyan to have all the time in the world to tell her story so don’t take this as a complaint.

Anastasia
    When a song opens with a melody this bright and clear, you know something special is about to happen. The way it builds up during the first 80 seconds is nothing but epic. That punchy beat is delicious, I love the distorted bass and sonic booms and when the synths and strings enter the fray, the goosebump festival starts. These storytelling verses build up to a climaxing chorus with a delightful vocal melody. Another fine bridge in this song as well, that displays some fine synth sorcery. Another highlight!

Mainichi ga Brand New Day
    We return to a more classic sound with this song. The brass returns and a glowing bass plays a major role in this composition. The structure of the song is a fairly basic verse-chorus alternation, and lacks a bit of imagination. Nothing truly stands out. The vocal lines don’t work for me. There is nothing wrong with the execution of the song though, and I can understand why many are enthusiastic about this song, but it is quite forgettable for me.

I see…
    This song has a more funky approach and one can’t deny a heavy disco influence. I also hear some instrumentals that resemble a southern Europe folk sound. All in all, there is a lot happening instrument wise and some parts are interesting. However, I have trouble getting into this song, and that’s mostly because of the vocals, especially their melodies. They are really uninspired, which contrasts too much with the creativity of the rest of the song. I think it would have benefited the song had they given it a more adventurous approach.

Fantastic Sanshoku Pan
    The single ends with a fast paced song, and I think that’s very welcome after the two previous songs. Frantic guitars, uplifting brass and a driving beat are the main ingredients of this tune. I love the part of the song where you can hear the drums pound heavily reverberated and the spectacular guitar work that follows it. The vocals sound cute and fit the mood perfectly. A nice closer, this one.

Conclusion
    This single is definitely a step up from the previous two singles. I am not hooked on every song, but I really enjoy the A-side. Sayonara Stay With Me and Anastasia are even better. Kami songs? No, but close, which gives this single enough to love.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I just realised.. we don't have under song this time? We have had generational singles but still with under song. Is this the first time?

• Like Like x 1
  12. outkastband

outkastband Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    and i thought maaya is closer to graduation

• Like Like x 1
  13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yes, it's first time.
    I think it could be because there's no room for Under PV.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  14. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Hi five to Ikuchan, Kanarin, Sayu-nyan, Minami, Kazumin, and Sayurin.
    ...mean they will graduate between this year and around summer next year. Sayu-nyan is the clue.

I don't get it. How does it mean they gonna graduate soon? They said it?

15. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I doubt the hi-five was supposed to mean anything, but all of those girls are at the top of my "probably going to graduate soon" list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    We'll see in time. If that's a clue probably these girls already told management they wanna graduate so they'll find the perfect time to let everyone do it, while Ashurin, Akimoto, Maaya and Hinachima wanna stay more years.
    It makes sense if you think about it: Ashurin - actual ace
    Akimoto - new captain
    Hinachima and Maaya - still young and a support for new gens.

EDIT: I've seen some live performances and she does the high five with all members randomly, I've seen high faves with Ashurin, Hinachima etc. so that's totally random lol

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Unrelated to the hi-five thing, but related to future graduations:
    I wonder if certain 1st gen members will take thier Fukujin position as a sign that they should graduate. I mean members like Maaya and Kanarin are so far away now of reaching that position if this single wasen't focused on first gen. So maybe they could think that's the best position they could get and decide to gradate to not be back to Unders for the next single (actually Kanarin was in higher position in Oide Shampoo but I don't think she has chances to be back in 1st row ), Hinachima still has potential so I don't think she plans to graduate soon, from the more popular members the only one I see Kazumi since she's been out of Fukujin than some years ago but I don't really think it could affect her.

But if none of them graduate do you think they could go back to Unders next single? In my opinion they should keep Hinachima in Fukujin, Kanarin in 3rd row, and Maaya, she could be in 3rd row too, or at least Under center or flanking the center, lol. But what do you think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I believe all 1st gen fukujin is a farewell-gift for Maiyan. I'm pretty sure Nakada and Maaya will going to Under for next single.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Hinachima in 26th Fukujin ?? Doubt it will happen
    Chima would be lucky to be in 3rd row nxt single

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Yeah, can't see Hinachima making fukujin again especially since I'm sure there will be more 4th gen in the next single, beside the Kaki-Sakura-Ayame trio.

• Agree Agree x 1