1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 9th "Natsu no Free & Easy" (14/07/09)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by jiaemi, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

YES TO YAMAZAKI! <3

And I don't know, they could "make-up" the demotion with "she's busy with Team B", so... :D

2. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    Who knows what Sony management is thinking, they're like more "mysterious" in their decisions, even more so than Aki-P or the dai soukaku o_O
    I want yamazaki rena to get into senbatsu but I dont want kiichan to get out of senbatsu, its quite unlikely for 3 2nd gen members in senbatsu unless they expand it :X

Ahh what to do ... !
    I'm kind of expecting senbatsu to be expanded to 18 members though :)

I think I`ll be fine with any senbatsu lineup, just please dont keep changing the fukujin number, leave it at 7 or 8!!

3. yoshi3

yoshi3 Kenkyuusei

Does anybody know if the 9th Single Senbatsu Announcement will be streamed somewhere?

4. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    ^ : just watch the upcoming NogiDoko episode...

5. yoshi3

yoshi3 Kenkyuusei

Yeah... thanks but do you have some links where it will be streamed live ?

6. MidnightMelancholy

MidnightMelancholy Kenkyuusei

Nah. Management loves her to much and she's getting exposure with her AKB kennin and all.

7. boffyee

boffyee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    someone knew alredy who is the center????

8. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    Yes management is really pushing Ikomachan yet look at her handshake results and she's kinda losing her luster. don't get me wrong, I like Ikomachan too, but not as much as say, Maiyan, Naachan, Ikuchan, Maaya, etc.

That's the problem.

Ever since we started shuffling some of the centers around, where do we put Ikomachan? I mean, if Hoshimina found her way onto undergirls (which is just because she was lazy and was eventually replaced by Miona), the same could be said for Ikomachan. I personally don't think she's falling down all the way to undergirls, but I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't make fukujin, no matter how much it's expanded. Locks for fukujin include Maiyan, Rena, Nanamin, Naachan, and Miona, at least in my opinion. Two or three spots are left and you could make a case for anybody: Wakatsuki, Reika, Sayuringo, Kazumin, Maimai, Manattan, Misa, and maybe Ikomachan.

It's too difficult to predict the senbatsu sometimes; it's even more difficult predicting fukujin. We won't know until Sunday.

But on an unrelated note, if Maaya drops to undergirls...:(

9. MidnightMelancholy

Ikoma is not center/fukujin material, IMO. There are best qualified girls. She's not good at HS and not a fan favorite. She should be in the back rows. I don't see it happening, though.

Like I said, management loves that girl and will not gave up on her any time soon. Plus, she used to be the absolute center. I can only see her dropping of fukujin at most.

10. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    ^Regarding Ikoma's potential position,
    I agree with MidnightMelancholy (welcome btw~ ^ ^)/ ), in that Ikoma is too much of mngmnt favourite to get dropped below fukujin. Ikoma have been getting tons of opportunity recently too, ranging from magazine shoots to T.V. shows to the concurrency thing, a bit too much imo as it can be distributed more equally to many other members. I think this fact make it even less likely she will drop; she might centres even if I'm to guess.

On the possibility of her dropping unexpectedly tho, back then before the announcement of the 6th single senbatsu, I didn't expected her to drop from centre lol. Previous calls for her to drop were unmet & stronger from my feelings, & she was still getting a lot of resources prior to the announcement, making it seems unlikely to me. But then it happened, & the following month I felt was the quietest in terms of activities for her. So its not impossible she will drop against my expectation again lol.

You will have to be on the look out for justin.tv streams, or look out the TV Tokyo stream on fengyun zhibo. Hope that helps. ^ ^

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  11. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Yup. It would be egregious if Ikomachan gets dropped to UG or any former center for that matter. Mgmt has invested so much time and effort on her. The only way I see her getting dropped to UG, heaven forbid, is some kind of scandal. Now I can see her dropping out of fukujin but not senbatsu.

Unfortunately, she gets hated on a lot because of the constant push from mgmt.

12. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    While I agree different people (us) have different opinions, how would her magazine shoots/covers and TV show appearances/regulars be considered giving her chances o_O

I thought the magazine editors / TV producers mainly decide who they want to cast ultimately? Like for example ikoma's new regular show Jump Police, I believe its due to her efforts to her consistant fangirling of the 2D world

And on a side note, should we have a little game here? No prizes as it would be hard to give them out :p
    Shall we predict the members of fukujin this round?

Predict them in the order of elimination, so if the fukujin number change, can just scale the number to lets say, top 6

13. MidnightMelancholy

Thanks for the welcome, @rust . I really like you, BTW. Your posts are interesting.

@jiaemi , Management can pull some strings to get jobs for the girls, like photoshoots and TV appearances. The producers/editors will have the final word, of course. They don't have a reason to reject Ikoma, though... She's a member of a rising idol group and is somewhat known (because of the years as an absolute center).

It's a win-win situation: Ikoma gets more promotions (push) and the editors/producers gets a somewhat popular idol.

Plus, if they rejected Ikoma, things could get ugly for them. They could face sanctions/be blacklisted by Sony.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  14. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    Then sony must have a reason for deciding to push ikoma since day 1, wonder what is it though :p

And so far the magazine appearances:
    1) For group appearances on magazines, they appear mainly as fukujins so its understandable
    2) KERA magazine and Young magazine (i think its called this), she has prior exposure for these 2 magazines on the covers of it so her current gracing of the cover should be due to the magazine wanting her, no?

While the kennin helped her in the field of media exposure, most of the magazines shes appearing solo on is mostly magazines that she has appeared solo or with other nogizaka members on.

As for TV appearances, regarding her recent regular program jump police, I do believe its due to her strong pushing that she is a fan of manga and shounen jump since nogizaka early days.

While Sony definitely has a hand in influence, they definitely would assign a girl to a program they feel is best for her IMO, like you dont see ikoma being pushed to appear on umazuki or space shower TV.

Regarding TV appearances, quite a number of the other girls have regular appearances too
    1) Maiyan - umazuki and bachi bachi eleki (not sure if still continuing or not)
    2) saito asuka, wakatsuki yumi = R no housoku
    3) Reika = space shower TV
    4) sayurin and kanarin = nama idol ga suki

If you see the monthly appearances of magazines & TV shows, ikoma isn't getting like majority of it.
    If I would count the past few months of magazine appearances, it would be spread between nanase, maiyan and ikoma.

Thats why I dont really get it when its said that she gets alot of chances/opportunies/pushes by Sony management (Other than her initial push to be center for first 5 singles). Granted she has alot of haters due to her long stay as center, but i believe almost every girl if given the same push as center would.

15. yoshi3

yoshi3 Kenkyuusei

Thanks a lot!

16. z00z00

z00z00 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Well we can see Ikoma being chosen for some TV shows/magazine shoots due to her character/appearance and maybe, her competency, but others see it as the management has selected a suitable work to push her. It's not unusual when agencies using the variety shows and magazines to promote the idols. Therefore while it's unfair to say that Ikoma appearing on a TV show or magazine just because she's being pushed, it's also too naive to think she got her recent jobs without influence from the agency. In reality, things are not just black and white, so to answer whether she got a lot of opportunities because she's being pushed or because she has proven her worthiness, we could agree that both reasons are correct rather than only one.

Anyway, for 9th single, I think Ikoma should be included in senbatsu and may have any position in 1st or 2nd row. The only thing makes me less anticipate this single than usual is the absence of Ikuta and we have Rena instead, whom I have zero interest in :fp: But she can generate sales and recognition for the group with her popularity so I still appreciate her presence.

17. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

If you recall, it would've been Yoshimoto Ayaka as center if she hadn't dropped out. Maybe she will make a surprise comeback like Manattan.[hehe]

Shows like Umazuki and Bachi Bachi Electric are adult oriented so Ikomachan would be out of place. Ogi Hiroaki would have a field day with her on Umazuki.

I'm fine with Ikomachan's currrent exposure and I've come in terms with her 48 kennin although I believe someone else deserves a shot. Sadly, her media appearances are perceived by antis as pushes. Now if you see her in 90% of Ngzk exposure then fans should get :asdfgh:.

18. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    Well said, I'm not saying im totally right, I'm just discussing/debating this matter .. since its a forum! WAHAHAA, make the nogizaka section more lively!
    Drag the people shadowing the nogizaka section to comment here!!

To the people shadowing, I was once a lurker too, COMMENTING IS MUCH MORE FUN AND ENJOYABLEEEE!!!

and @z00z00 , I will miss ikuchan too, but since its a decision she made for herself, and its not something I would suspect is an act by her teachers or parents asking her to focus on her studies to get into a good university(college), I would support it and hope when she returns she doesn't start from the very bottom again. While I agree it might not be fair to the other girls I feel ikuchan's level is there. (I'm gonna miss her antics in nogidoko and her sphinx-language)..

__________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure why yoshimoto ayaka left, probably she thought she wasn't suited to be an idol or so. As we know, even a good number of the nogizaka girls wasn't aiming to become idols when they auditioned for nogizaka. If she makes a surprise comeback like Manattan, I wouldn't really mind it, just hope she has a fun chara to watch on TV like manattan's hehehe XP

Yeahs true, I don't mind any nogi girl in any type of variety show as long as it suits her and she fits in well :)
    (Still cant get the maiyan throwing mike during bachi bachi special hehe)

Regarding ikoma's kennin in AKB, personally I thought she would be the best choice to go to nogizaka.
    As you mentioned, she has probably the most amount of antis out of the nogi girls but she still is doing rather well promoting the group and in varieties, what I think would happen if another member got the kennin is that the member's antis would grow (Sony's damage control maybe).

In addition, the nogi girls that I think would fit into AKB other than ikoma-chan are Maiyan, Reika or Ikuchan. Maiyan said herself in an interview she would reject the kennin. And ikuchan's hiatus definitely was decided around January this year, which was before the Dai Soukaku, maybe Aki-P wanted to shuffle her there instead, who knows? As for Reika, shes the captain so it would be very very awkward for her to go. And ikoma arguably has the most "interactions" with AKB so that might be one of aki-p's factor to decide.

Just my 2cents worth on kennin, feel free to discuss, as long as we dont personally attack each other or other's oshis. I hope s48 remains as our current friendly community and no one like the person L4verra encountered appears.

19. MidnightMelancholy

@jiaemi , they probably chose Ikoma because when Nogizaka46 debuted they needed to distinguish the group from AKB48 and its center (Atsuko Maeda) and Rina is the opposite of Atsuko. That's why Erika was not the center (they considered it). She reminds many people of Acchan.

As for the magazines/TV appearances, it's pretty much what @z00z00 said in the post above. My previous post does not only apply to Rina, but to the other girls as well.

20. boffyee

boffyee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    i do not think that erika look like maeda. in what way it seems.??? in terms of music look
    she's smart, good on instruments, graceful in program... she has good material in tv show and the very importan can sing very well