Nogizaka46 (AKB48's official rivals, produced by Aki-P)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by purpleswordthing, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purpleswordthing

purpleswordthing Kenkyuusei

About the Nogizaki 46 thing:

“Akimoto Yasushi will be producing a new group, 乃木坂46 (apparently they won’t have a “NGZ46” abbreviation, name is read as “Nogizaki Forthy Six”). As explained in the previous article, the difference with the other sister groups, this new group was created to be “AKB48’s official rival”.

Nogizaka46 is a project by Aki-p and Sony Music Japan. the reason why the number is 46 was also revealed, it means: “Even if we have less members than AKB48, we wont lose”.

1st part of the auditions will start 7/20, then 8/6 and 8/7 will be the 2nd part (Interviews), and the final part of the auditions (dance and vocal) will be during 8/20 and 8/21.

They are expecting to get around 20 members from the first generation, and from October they will start appearing in a Variety show from one of the most important tv channels (NTV, TBS, Aashi, etc). of course, an eventual CD Debut under Sony is also planned.

More information about the auditions will be revealed later on.”

Source: tube48's tumblr :^^;: So... I have no idea if it's true or not.

http://tube48.tumblr.com/post/7021464971

Actually from Oricon: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/89336/full/
    Nogazaki46's official website... feat. AKB48: http://www.nogizaka46.com/

2. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

Re: THE AKB48 thread!

is it a compromise to sony/defstar so that aki-p would get back the recording rights of the 'lost stages' ?? maybe aki-p has no choice to do that, really ???

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I have no idea what forum to have this in at the moment so we'll leave it here [hehe] it seems heavily tied in with AKB48 so I assume it's marketing gimmick of some sort...

4. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Re: THE AKB48 thread!

I'm going to laugh (or just complain) when these girls get to be in AKB singles, despite being rivals of the group.

This is kind of what I'm hoping for.

5. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    Is it really going to be AKB48's rival ....?
    Or will it only be another marketing thing like Aimi .... ? :wtf:

6. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I don't believe this to be real .. I think it's just another gimmick to boost AKB48's popularity. With AKB48 breaking singles and album charts .. I doubt they want a REAL competition to take away their fans.

But I don't know .. maybe it could have positive effects to the company. Two super popular groups to fight/compete/interact with each other might be exciting/interesting to watch ... while it may take away some fans from AKB48 .. overall, it will add revenue to the company because the new group will gain new fans ...

Will AKB48 fans stand strong? Will some fans switch sides? Will some AKB48 members graduate and go to Nogizaka46? Will this new group actually be as good as AKB48? Hmm ... interested to see where this leads ... [hehe]

7. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Well, in order to be AKB's rival they have to be different from AKB, right?, so I'm hoping for something totally different from this group. I don't want a group that looks, sounds and acts like AKB only with different girls- I want something fresh and original.

Kay

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Good point... I wonder if they'll try to capitalise on the Korean craze and go kpop-style, sexy girls with sass rather than cutesy bows and fluffy school uniforms etc...

9. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    We already have SKE and NMB, and the rest of the ones coming up. They'd better be way different. I believe the sister group concept was initially created to make a sort of competition between the different cities/wards/whatever... and now that certainly isn't happening.

10. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

as much as I don't doubt akimoto-san's skill in making multiple girl groups with over 10 girls, how many out there outside the 48 family that a girl group of that size became really successful?

11. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Maybe there is one of AKB48 frontgirls who he cares most preparing to graduate, so he thinks AKB is goin' to doom (without "that girl"). So he tried to abandon this sinking(?) ship to build a new one.

12. MoeKare

MoeKare Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    moekare_100
    so its made by aki-p? :wtf:
    ughh... already sick of this.. :fp:
    I don't know how to react with this one. . .

13. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    If anyone can sink AKB48 .. I think it's Acchan. To me, even though I have many other favorite members ... I just feel like AKB48 won't be the same without her ... but is Acchan going to graduate soon? I doubt it. She has said many times that she gives her life to AKB48 and it is the most important thing in her life. Unless she is going to be forced to graduate ...

While I personally don't think this is the case .. I won't say it's not possible.

I really think he should've built up NMB48 first before moving onto another project ... I feel bad for NMB48 ...

14. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

^I feel bad for Teams KII, E, NMB48, HKT48, SDN48 and Team 4. Also for the property that he just bought in Hokkaido and the investors waiting for an answer in Taiwan.

15. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ^ woah .. I didn't even know there is a HKT48 .. poor girls .. all their spotlight will be taken by this new Nogizaka46 ... -_-

I'm not too worried for Team 4 though. as they are a part of AKB48, they should become popular in no time =)

16. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

:fp: it's not popularity i'm worried about, it's whether or not they're actually going to get original songs.

KII's celebrated it's 2nd anniversary and they only have one original song to their name, and if this is supposed to be AKB48's rival then they're going to get a lot of attention from akiP and the media so it's kind of an issue for me.

And HKT48 hasn't debuted yet, that's why I'm even more annoyed.

17. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    woah .. that's pretty sad ... :cry:

yeah, this is my concern as well. Aki-P will be spending as much focus on this new group as on AKB48 in order for them to compete. so he won't have time and energy to spend on the other groups. and with the media focused on this new Nogizaka46 .. the other groups pretty much will be overshadowed by it ...

18. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

well, imo, I think this whole "Nogizaka46" idea was just...stupid? [flip]
    I was always under the impression that the different 48 grps would've acted as sort of a "friendly-rival" with each other... [think]

19. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

On a side note, why is it 46? Not some other number like 13, 52 or 24?

Well, I do not know what is the point having another group while you are still having a lot of sister groups which needs to be nurtured.
    Now we are talking. But don't you think that SDN48 already covers such thing?

20. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Let's just say..... AkiP, I'm disappointed at you. [sealed]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.