1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nogizaka46 (AKB48's official rivals, produced by Aki-P)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by purpleswordthing, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    After some thinking .. I think the whole point of this idea is the marketing.

Originally, SKE48 and the other sister groups are supposed to rival with AKB48. However, it turns out that none of them can really compete - AKB48 is still way above them. In the end, they even need AKB48's popularity power to boost their own (ex: Jurina and Rena joining AKB48's PVs). So I guess you can say the idea of rivalry sister groups ... failed.

And now they use marketing to say this Nogizaka46 is the OFFICIAL RIVAL for AKB48. Just with this marketing message/strategy ... it's already creating a lot of buzz (it's a super popular topic in all the Chinese AKB48 forums). And this group's members have not even been selected - yet I already get the feeling that they are going to be really good. So .. I think the whole point is to use this marketing strategy (or a HYPE) to create a REAL RIVAL for AKB48 - to create another idol group that can REALLY compete with AKB48 and achieve the same popularity (Because their previous attempts failed). And I think they have a good chance this time because this Nogizaka46 is backed by Sony.

Just my theory, of course :p

2. saika.city

saika.city Kenkyuusei

I doubt they aren't gonna beat AKB48, SKE48, SDN48, OR NMB48. Unless Aki-P just goes really crazy and releases so many stuff from them...better not....lol! I wonder if the girls are gonna be pretty or sing good. LOLOLOL. 8D I really don't get why Aki-P is doing this though....there is really NO point at all. I think he's going over the limit of making groups, but HKT, I'm happy to see them, but I'm really not happy about this one. If they're rivals of AKB, I really wonder if I'm gonna hate them or not, lol. I'm not. Of course. "AKI-P, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

vRIGHT.....:/ Still T___T at AKI-P.... x|

3. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ^ you know .. this idea is sort of working already .. it is REALLY PISSING OFF a lot of AKB48 fans (and that's the whole point of rivalry, right?) =D

on all the Chinese AKB48 forums, at least 90% of people are shocked and many are unhappy about this idea. everyone's questioning Aki-P's decision on this. which means .. this idea already created a pretty big emotional impact to all the AKB48 fans. perhaps ... that is exactly what Aki-P wants!! we are all falling into his master plan =P

4. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    I still doubt whether Nogizaka46 is going to be actual group
    After the creation of Aimi, I feel that Aki-P could create anything for marketing purposes only but make it look real and serious.
    Everything is for generating more discussions among fans and the public around AKB48.
    Maybe Nogizaka46 will only join AKB48 for an one-off competition for example.

I don't know .... that's what I am thinking now ... :wtf:

5. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• And AKB 13rd gen auditions were just announced :wtf:

The audition form is already available on Nogizaka46's site and stuff~ it says any foreigner can apply as long as you understand/can speak/ect ect japanese and the upper age limit is 24...
      So can't be a gimmick for any 13rd gen promotion o_o

Some group composed of AKB fans created to make revivals of old tracks by fans-became-idols ? (lol tricky idea) I really don't know what to think about this xD

6. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

OMG ARE YOU SAYING I COULD AUDITION? [party] lol j/k

I insist, I hope for Sifuku ga Jama wo suru 2, Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou 2 etc. No fluffy bubblegum pop for me

7. heysamuraitamashii

heysamuraitamashii Kenkyuusei

Oh so it's 46 now? Anyone who is born on 4/6 and is 146 cm tall go and audition please, this group needs their new Takahashi Minami :awesome:

Aki-P I WANT MY KII STAGE FIRST

8. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    My thoughts since September 2008...

9. sameda

sameda Kenkyuusei

hate about all this think... :tongue:
    Aki P you are a freaking genius but don't have heart.
    seems like he only use all his girls as a subject.. remember there's still hundreds girl in AKB48 group (SKE/NMB/SDN/ Team 4/etc...) whose struggle for their position in their group. What are you gonna do with them ? :hmm:

10. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

is aki-p a heartless bastard to killed off its own very original creation or a guy who have no choice but to compromise to sony-defstar in order to regain back the lost stages ??

11. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

Rivals? How can someone fight himself?
    Wait that's not just lame, but it also means they won't be feat. in AKB songs, elections etc. right? I mean, it'll be so awkward if they start doing varieties together. Or worse, perform AKB revival stages?! Omg T.T That'll be just.....
    If he wants to make more money, why not make it another sub-group. Besides I thought 48 didn't refer to the number of members, so by definition it's not just destroying the brand itself but this new group could very much have more girls than AKB.

The name itself is a tongue twister. Imagine them sing....
    Warera ga Nogizaka forty six?
    Not flawless. Akimoto, not flawless.

12. The more I hear about AKB and the groups that other companies produce to rival them the more my head hurts :blink:
    Why are the people/things I like so complicated?

13. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Perhaps he wants to capture the hater market... :fp:

14. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

^Wise thinking.

By the time Aki-p's buried in his grave, there won't be a single Japanese girl who ain't part of his domination.

15. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• Lol that would be SO ironical if AKB fangirls were auditioning and took part of this group xD

16. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

SKE48 started when AKB48 was completely unknown still so yeah.

17. Criss

Criss Member

My god second that.

Now that we have the official info ... :fp: :fp:

WWE's RAW and Smackdown ( Akimoto Style... :XD: :^^;: :fp:)

I wonder if they will produce events like "Idolmania" :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh oh oh wait, the new PSP game: AKB48 vs Nogizaka 46. And you know the bets part? This ACTUALLY could happens. :wtf:

18. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    while that was my initial impression as well .. I now think maybe we should give him some benefit of the doubt. maybe we should wait and see how things turn out. because just maybe ... there is a greater purpose behind this whole idea and maybe in the end it will benefit AKB48 instead. so let's wait and see shall we. [hehe]

19. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    Gonna do this just to spite Snowbunny who doesn't want that to happen :hehe:

20. Ha-Chan

Ha-Chan Kenkyuusei

So this is for real?
    I mean...wow! When I first read about it, I thought it was some kind of strange joke...I'm speechless now.
    It's just too much with those groups already! They're still not completely done with the HKT Auditions, aren't they?
    [shock]

I don't think this whole Rival-Thing will work out that fine. Aki-P is producing a lot of groups these days (I still haven't memorized all the names of all the new members =-=)
    And I don't get the meaning of this one at all...What's the point of a group created to be the Official Rival of AKB48? :hehe:
    Sounds like a strange marketing strategy to me!
    Anyway~ I wonder how this will turn out~
    Going to watch the developement of this group for sure ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.