1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nogizaka46 (AKB48's official rivals, produced by Aki-P)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by purpleswordthing, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

What happend in september 2008.... You are talking about oogoe diamond? (I though it came out in november)

I think it kinda makes sense for aikp to make his groups own rivals but as long as everybody knows he is the one pulling the strings then I'm not sure it will turn out that way. I mean I have seen pleanty of rivals from the same company, pretty much half the roster of emi in the uk hates the other half. But with in that stiuation you know that the hate and the comfrination are personal (or at least you can beleave it even if it is not that true) because you know what alot of these bands do and say is up to them.

But with idols while we know that the girls are themselves in their blogs and on TV shows we would be fooling our selves if we didn't acept that in the idol world mangagers and producers have a much larger amount of control over what the girls say and do that your average popstar.

Knowing this and having akip produce their rivals means that we all know that any preseved digs nogizaka46 have at akb in their lyrics or in how they conduct themselves will probly cme from akip and it will seem fake.

2. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^And it WILL be fake. Sometimes we forget how scripted and prefabricated everything is in the idol world, but it entertains us so we eat it up.

My guess is that Akimoto knows that AKB has peaked, and their decline is bound to start sooner or later, so he's coming up with a million weird publicity stunts to keep them around, and in the meantime, like many of you have pointed out, he still wins by producing more groups because he gets more money.

My problem with this is that AKB and its sister groups are already suffering because Akimoto can't handle everything on his own, let alone a NEW group with possible spin offs, teams and who knows what. I really want every team to get a stage tailored for them like in the old days :cry: On the other hand though, the fact that this group isn't popular might allow for him to write controversial songs and concepts easily, like he did with AKB at the beginning, so maybe it's not that bad and the groups will have different material.

This is just wishful thinking though. I expect 46 teens in school uniforms bouncing to bubblegum pop and KII3 not happening ever at all :fp:

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Agreed, this is purely fuel for the AKB48 popularity fire. He can't use SKE etc as rivals because the general public doesn't care about them, but a new group being trumpeted as a rival might catch their attention. It's just like how it's easier for them to push a new girl into popularity than to push the existing unpopular girls.

4. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    The way I see it, he wants a Sister group in every region that people can support locally (it's easier to visit a group in prefecture than to trek to tokyo for example) all while still supporting the main group that is AKB48. I wouldn't be surprised within 2-3 years if every prefecture had their own set of ###48's. either that or he really is just creating a small army for himself.

5. microsheep

microsheep Kenkyuusei

This.

6. purpleswordthing

purpleswordthing Kenkyuusei

source: Daily Sports, Tokyohive

will I edit the first post?

7. microsheep

microsheep Kenkyuusei

^ For some reason I have this idea that japanese artists do not admit their negative feelings about their producers choices this openly, especially when they are still working for them.

This is starting to feel like a really nasty publicity stunt.

8. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I think things are going to be really ugly... (If it's AKB48 vs. Nogizaka46 vs. Arashi - uh oh...)

9. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Well AKB girls do not have serious competition these days. They might grow lazy or to arrogant. Nothing motivates better than rivalry.

10. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^Well, they ALWAYS have competition between themselves, so I doubt they'll start being complacent.

11. clumsycarrot

clumsycarrot Kenkyuusei

Umm.. Do I really need to read that as Nogizaki "Forthy" Six? ;) :D

12. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Really, if one is truly a loyal fan of AKB, and not necessarily of Aki-p, this shouldn't phase us one bit. Aki-p can do whatever he wants. AKB is not in trouble if we, the fans, are not fickle. Nogizaka46 can steal their fans from H!P or whatever other group/s, AKB will remain unmoved as long as the fans stay. Maybe one should get one's feelings about AKB straightened, perhaps a start is asking to oneself, what, why or who won you over to AKB in the first place?

13. Snowbunny

Snowbunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    That's quite an interesting point of view. This will not only challenge the girls, but it will also be a challeging thing for the fans too, as there are some who will end up digging deep into the roots of their fandoms and getting a better conscience of what they trully feel towards AKB.

Then again, SKE, NMB and even SDN "stole" a part of AKB fans who were in need of a newer, more refreshing image. The difference here is that it Nogizaka won't be a sister group, so, a lower percentage of fans will switch preferences, but also the profits won't revert to the 48 family either.

14. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

I'm just going to lmao so hard when half of Nogizaka46 turn out to be members from AKB48 kenkyusei massacres.

15. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Or even better, Aki-P takes a leaf out of professional wrestling's storytelling, and Team 4 "defects" to Nogizaka46 or something :rofl:

16. heysamuraitamashii

heysamuraitamashii Kenkyuusei

People are even talking about whether Erepyon and Maimai and Rinatin will come back to lead them.

That would be very :fp: if it happens.

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I'm sure neither of the 3 want to be idols anymore (except Rina keeps saying that's her dream in all of her movies lol idgi)

18. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

Don't fall for it's all fake!! :panic: They will be manufactured rival's!! :panic:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0[/yt]

19. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Hey, everyone, who ever said that Akimoto was the producer?

I was looking at the site for the first time and it doesn't say anywhere that Akimoto will be producing this.
    It just says, literally, "The project of Nogizaka46, an idol group that AKB48's general producer mr. Akimoto Yasushi has recognized as 'official rivals', has been announced". And even in the other bits of the site, never does it say that Akimoto is the producer, just that they got the okay from him to use the group as "official rivals" (and I kinda picture how Akimoto was amused gave this permission, seeing how much he's always going about rivalry).

20. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ^ Well, there was this... But, I for one, couldn't read the Japanese source so perhaps you could decipher it just in-case something was lost in translation? [notme]
    (Or perhaps the source used some journalistic liberties in writing it... :dunno: )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.