TV / Radio Nogizaka46 Eigo (2015/06/28 - )

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Apr 30, 2015.

1. NQ45

NQ45 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Allow me to join the discussion, have watched nogieigo since the 1st episode and read the forum but never posted before :chuffed:

They don't have to mention it. Japanese shows tend to move on and mention nothing if one (or more) regular cast stopped appearing. It is actually weird if they mention it.

Personally, I think the shows initially intended to make the regular group becoming better and better every time so that viewers can watch them grow, but obviously that didn't work. Not when Maaya got 12 for her english exam. [hehe] Now they turned to the mainstream formula of "english failure" routine.

2. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    after hirata left, yasukochi sensei got more integral MCing role, I guess it doesn't change a lot.
    but hirata already blend in with the regulars, it's a pity she left

3. rebler

rebler Kenkyuusei

Sure, they don't have to mention it but maybe it would be nice to do it since she was on the show from the beginning. I mean they mentioned that Wada Maaya was absent due to a cold on this episode.

Yeah I hope they don't go in that route too much. I mean this episode was more "cooking failure" than "english failure" even.

4. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    it was mentioned that Hirari graduated from AKB48 in the nogieigo homepage previously for the previous episode. and also on their twitter somewhere after she made her announcement, before the skytree episode.
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/tbs-ch/item/v2492/
    https://twitter.com/tbschnogieigo/status/756028080808865792
    but japanese tv programmes rarely make a deal or a statement over it. or maybe there was a conversation on it, and that it was cut out for one reason or another. this is a recording and not a live show after all.
    you can see that since the spring special, the theme of the programme has changed . previously , it was a lot on trying to memorise a song and also on roleplaying while learning english in a classroom like environment. recently , it has been about challenging different areas where english can be used. so maybe they are making(or refreshing) it to a more japanese tv variety like now rather than just learning english in a classroom.

5. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ya know, the sensei, tetsuya yasukochi is one of the pioneer of new english teaching method in japan that more concentrated on communicating rather than paper based. the shift of the show that make these girls communicating more and do more practical english somehow got influenced by yasukochi sensei's idealism
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/adv/sophia/english/sophian/sophi_03.html

6. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I don't think he's wrong. The problem is you need a pretty solid base before going that route. I can only speak to my experience and with the Russian language, but once I had that base 45 minutes of conversation was worth 4 hours of classroom time.

7. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    exactly. unless if you are living in an english speaking country or do this often. Like these girl only have once per month, that won't make the girls make improvement

8. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I think getting girls poor at English is the bigger problem. If Himetan, Ikuchan and Manhattan were the main players they'd be seeing a lot more improvement.

9. air_guchi

air_guchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    I think a large appeal as to why those members were chosen was specifically BECAUSE they lack the foundation and, without meaning to sound harsh, the brains that the other members have. They were chosen precisely because they would make mistakes. If they do learn and improve then that would be more obvious as well. Although it may be a bit cringe-worthy at times, you can really see the regulars put in the effort... and let's be honest, the fails are pretty damn entertaining lol.

I also believe that teaching the girls English using the new, hands-on approach where they have to practice speaking more (which I agree with 100% haha) isn't the only goal. I believe that it's mostly about learning WITH the girls. Keep in mind, they don't make the show to cater to foreigners but to the Japanese fans.The narrator and the teacher and the captions definitely makes it feel like being in an English class with the Nogi girls rather than just us watching them struggle haha.

I don't particularly follow NogiEigo but I do enjoy the episodes I've seen. I hope they continue to improve the content and build on ideas and I hope they continue the series for as long as they can. I also hope to see more of Matsumura as that girl's English (and intelligence in general) is at a higher level than she lets people believe haha. Oh, and I'd like to see Shiraishi appear at least once ;)

10. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  11. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    The gourmet show is airing on the same date 10th too!

12. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    any link for the new Nogi Eigo SP?

13. zurichtime

zurichtime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
  14. RelaxRelapse

RelaxRelapse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I finally found time to watch it! I was actually satisfied with the English speaking actors they hired. The previous guests they picked off the street were a bit harder to watch, but these ones did a good job. I'm sure it helped they spoke Japanese as well though. It always impresses me how well Kazumin speaks English too. It's obviously not great, but it's definitely passable imo.

Looks like the next episode isn't until the end of January though so we have a bit of a wait. At least it's still going! I'm glad they're doing another 60 minute special. It always feels like 30 minutes a month isn't enough.

15. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    with the last episode, Kazumin is back to being the most guest appearances in Nogieigo with 5 times, next is Manatsu with 4 times. both of them may not have their own regular shows, but in terms of being called up for variety show appearances, they are among the most within the group.
    coming back to Nogieigo, many guests are better than the regulars , aside from Kazumin and Manatsu, Ikuta, Kanarin, Himetan to name a few. but without the regulars, i think this show may be a little less interesting. It is the silliness of the mistakes that they make that draws people to watch it, its a Japanese variety show in any case.
    also looking forward to the next episode which is a special again. i hope they keep it going. i wonder who will be the guests, hope there will be some new guest faces. but if i have to guess, there will be at least a repeat guest in the mixture.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  16. YuNcHuNsA

YuNcHuNsA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I wonder if Hashimoto would turn up for one last one before graduation

17. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    next episode sypnosis is up: http://www.tbs.co.jp/tbs-ch/item/v2519/
    guests are Hori Miona(2nd time) and Shinuchi Mai(1st time)
    theme is "Friendship with people of the world championship" . there will be quiz and games.

18. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Speculation of the 17th single uniform from that promotion photo!

19. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    could be. and that could mean that it may be announced before the next episode.
    unless it is just a uniform change for the winter but unlikely.

20. NQ45

NQ45 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Shinuchi is the one working as OL outside of idol activities right? Wonder if she uses English in her daily work.