1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Nogizaka46 no All Night Nippon (2019/04/04 - )

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Gofindnova, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

It’s probably referring to 1:44:45 when Shinuchi says she owned a pair of ripped jeans before, but Hori told her it didn’t fit and to throw it away, so Shinuchi threw it away. So… the basic incident is easy to summarize and meme: haha Shinuchi obeys what Hori says. If you want to judge what actually happened though, it’s kind of nuanced.

According to Shinuchi, Hori said, “The length doesn’t fit, throw it away” (sore take attenai yo, sutena), so Shinuchi threw it away. Shinuchi then clarifies to Ayane that the jeans had shrunk a bit in the laundry, and Hori said, “Isn’t that [too] short? It’s weird, throw it away” (sore mijikakunai? hen dayo, sutena), so Shinuchi said hai and threw it away. Ayane responds with laughter, surprise, and says that Shinuchi threw the jeans away too immediately.

Hori’s dialogue probably changes because Shinuchi was paraphrasing, but Shinuchi pretends to quote Hori in both cases (1:44:49 and 1:45:10). Shinuchi behaves deferentially, in a manner consistent with the last Koujichuu (depending on how seriously you take that), but Shinuchi could be playing it up for comedy, and also she seems to accept that the jeans were legit too short. Either way, Shinuchi probably respects Hori’s fashion judgment.

In both quotes, Hori uses sutena 捨てな, which is a shortened casual form of sutenasai 捨てなさい (“please throw away”). -nasai is a polite command form, but it implies that the speaker has authority or status over the listener, such as teacher to student, or parent to child. So, at face value, Hori is quite rude and big-headed. However, Japanese friends often play around with language formality. So Hori was likely being deliberately rude and bossy to signal that she’s friendly with Shinuchi. Of course, Hori could exaggerate bossiness while actually being bossy, etc., etc.

We don’t actually know these people, so it’s premature to say that the bad things said about Hori last Koujichuu are actually that bad. I think Shinuchi and Hori’s personalities are just “positioned” to have that kind of relationship. Like, Hori can get more serious and intense and she actively seeks authority for the 2nd gen, whereas Shinuchi tends to be more soft-hearted and easily intimidated. Also, I haven’t watched this episode, but things seemed normal when Hori guested on ANN before.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Thanks for the explanation.
    Actually i dont take what they said on koujichu seriously but it's make me a bit curious to hear Miona act bossy. I dont think she's that kind of person since lot of her kouhai's said she's a senpai that easy to talk to..

3. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Based on Miona's and Kiichan's World Trip episode, Miona seems bossy but in more like a motherly kind of way rather than a condescending way. Like she was constantly telling Kiichan to behave and stop goofing around like how a parent would talk to a child. The narrators commented on it several times.

4. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Kaki’s second visit to All Night Nippon!

if the video does not show watch the video here
    -Shinuchi is the victim of Kime-hara (“Kimetsu no Yaiba harassment”) from Matsumura and makeup artists, which means they tease Shinuchi for not having read/watched Kimetsu no Yaiba. Kaki says that Rei-chan hasn’t read it either. Kaki has the previous manga volumes of Kimetsu no Yaiba at home and offers to lend them to Shinuchi.
    -Kaki has watched the recent Kimetsu no Yaiba movie twice, and cried both times when the movie talked about family. Both Kaki and Shinuchi enjoy going to the movie theater alone.
    -Kaki got permission from her mom to buy a tablet to draw with. Using her finger to draw was difficult, so she then bought a tablet stylus with her credit card, but it was expensive so she didn’t tell her mom. The stylus didn’t work, so like an idiot (her own words, lol), she asked her mom about it. They figured out that the newer stylus was incompatible with the older tablet, and her mom yelled at her angrily in Kansai-ben. She ended up buying another stylus.
    -Kaki spent 12 hours drawing a Kimetsu no Yaiba picture for her friend’s birthday. (The picture is visible at low-res on her phone at 14:45)
    -One of the things that inspired Kaki’s previous desire to be an animator was watching Your Name.
    -When Kaki sees which tools her favorite illustrators use, it makes her want to acquire those same tools and start creating.
    -Comparing digital vs. analog drawing, Kaki says she likes analog because she can give the picture to people as a physical gift. The drawback is you can’t undo things with analog.
    -Kaki has recorded a drawing video for the Nogi TikTok account, but Shinuchi doesn’t have TikTok installed, partly because TikTok is dangerous for sucking up your time with cute videos.
    -Kaki says that although fans think she’s dependable, she often forgets bags and stuff in the car when traveling. Just today, she left a bright orange shoebox behind on the bus.
    -Kaki practices the I see dance with Shinuchi at 38:10, and then again at 45:35 when the radio plays I see.
    -Shinuchi’s mom wanted to watch Shiraishi’s graduation concert, but her mom’s old computer runs Windows Vista. Shinuchi has 2 laptops, a newer Apple and an older PC running Windows 7 Pro that she got when she entered college in 2010. She lent her mom the old PC, but it turns out it was still too old to support the proper software. Her mom tried to watch the concert via phone, but she couldn’t get into the broadcast website when it started, so instead her mom watched the 5th Year Birthday Live DVD.
    -When Kaki was young, her parents sent her on an errand to the supermarket, but she lost her wallet there. It turns out that her dad was following her to watch over her, and they went to the lost and found where they got her wallet back safely.
    -Shinuchi recently lost her house key. She had to call over manager-san who had a spare key, but when manager-san arrived, Shinuchi discovered the key was in her bag all along.
    -Kaki’s home prefecture of Tochigi was recently ranked Japan’s “least attractive” prefecture in a poll survey by the Brand Research Institute. Kaki says this should actually be good to bring attention to the prefecture. When asked about Tochigi’s attractions, Kaki lists gyoza, strawberries, and Nikko (the destination in the 4th gen’s drama Saru ni Au), but she says a lot of people don’t think of Tochigi when they think of Nikko.
    -Kaki plays a song popular in her middle school days, Inoue Sonoko’s Taisetsu na Kimi he.
    -Kaki’s first time on an airplane was traveling for Nogi.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I never finished the anime. The boars head guy and the sleepy dude were so annoying I couldn't get past the arc where they were featured!
    Animator? Imagine if the Eizouken was not this year but next, she surely would've been in the running for Yamashita's role, Swallow! LOL! I know Tsubame.
    Blame Rakuten! See if they can fund a better computer for her mom!

6. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

The Ikuta~lien Youtube channel has been taken down, so I've updated the embedded videos in previous posts. But this means timestamps in all previous summaries may be inaccurate! There's a new channel, Ikuta~lien Returns, which hopefully survives.

Ranze returns~
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1wa411F7gb
    -Back when she turned 20, Ranze chose to wear red at her coming of age ceremony at Nogi Shrine. The staff knew she liked white, black, and red, so in unrelated photoshoots prior to it, they offered her white and black clothing so that she could save red for the ceremony.
    -Shinuchi recently watched Mother, starring Nagasawa Masami. She heard it was scary, so she watched it in daytime. Afterwards, her mood was heavy, so she listened to Disney songs. Ranze says she also felt drained after watching Train to Busan.
    -Following last week’s “Kimetsu no Yaiba harassment,” this week’s listener mail topic is about being “harassed” for not doing things that everyone is doing, such as not watching Ghibli movies, not getting a driver’s license, etc. From her responses, Ranze seems adamant that people should be free to do what they want, although she warns not to avoid things just to be contrarian (which she says in response to a listener saying the “harassment” made them decide to never read One Piece).
    -Shinuchi was too young when she watched Princess Mononoke, so she was terrified and became afraid that crawly things would come out of her body if she got injured. In Ranze’s family, it’s well-known that whenever they change the TV channel and Princess Mononoke is playing, for some reason it’s always the beheading scene.
    -Discussing how Ranze’s friends are entering the workforce, Shinuchi mentions that in her 2nd year in Nogi, she wasn’t receiving a salary and her schedule prevented her from socializing with friends, who meanwhile were out of college and getting jobs, so she was uncertain about continuing. (I guess the 2nd gen weren’t getting paid as kenkyuusei, May 2013-Feb 2015)
    -Nogi occasionally runs a bingo game with prizes. The most recent was last year. Ranze won a voice-activated speaker. Shinuchi won a clothes iron. Junna won an Apple Watch.
    -Ranze isn’t interested in becoming an actress. She was chosen to be in the Sailor Moon musical, but she says she was bad at rehearsals because there was a big mirror set up, and seeing herself act made her recoil.
    -Aside from Three Person Principal, Shinuchi’s first stage play was the Nogi production of All Dogs Go to Heaven. She was the first actor to appear onstage in the play, but during the dress rehearsal that was open to the media, she forgot her first line. She says she’s afraid of forgetting lines, and tends to freeze if she messes up. Ranze asks, “But you enjoy acting, right?” and Shinuchi says, “Ummm, do I?” Her favorite part is the curtain call when she feels a sense of accomplishment and hasn’t messed up.
    -This November is busier than last year’s; coronavirus has pushed a bunch of work to the end of the year. When Shinuchi is busy, her room becomes messy. Ranze says being busy would never affect her room’s cleanliness. Shinuchi spends just 5 minutes a day tidying up, during which she plays Little Glee Monster’s Itoshisa ni Ribbon wo Kakete.
    -Shinuchi thinks it’s cute if a classmate secretly puts an orange in the hood of your hoodie. Ranze does not, because she has bad memories of being bothered from behind like that in middle school.
    -In private, Ranze basically only carries lipstick in her purse. When she was little, she thought women like that were cool.
    -Ranze’s entrance into the world of makeup began when she joined Nogi. Karin-chan brought her and some other members, including Shinuchi and Kotoko, to a drugstore after music lessons. The onee-san members taught the younger ones about what to buy, which foundation and lipstick to use, etc.
    -Ranze plays a song that her family enjoyed playing in the car, Nelly’s Dilemma.
    -Discussing the “harassment” topic in her own life, Ranze says she’s never been to the gym, but Miria works out at the gym and tells Ranze she should go. Ranze doesn’t exercise outside work and is a poor athlete. Ranze herself enjoys Nogi’s catering and “harasses” other members who are strict about their diets, by encouraging them to eat more. Ranze will eat chicken late at night and is considering what to eat after she returns home from ANN.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    Thanks for the translation. Wow...that was a long period as Kenkyuusei not getting paid :blink:

8. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Nao on All Night Nippon!

-If you visit Nao’s home prefecture of Kyoto, she recommends seeing the projection mapping shows at temples.
    -Nao loved visiting Universal Studios Japan, often with her older sister. Her favorite ride is Backdrop. Shinuchi’s favorite ride is The Flying Dinosaur. One or two years ago, Shinuchi, Matsumura, and Reika visited Universal Studios on a private day trip. Discussing how their plans changed from Disneyland to Universal Studios at the last minute, Shinuchi describes Reika as フットワークが重い, which means something like slow at taking action or deciding.
    -Nao enjoys going to different supermarkets and comparing prices to get the best deal.
    -Nao’s favorite fruit depends on the season. Right now it’s akibae apples. She likes fruits with a crisp bite.
    -Nao has gotten into the habit of wearing one-piece dresses because they’re looser. She doesn’t like tight clothing on days when she needs to move a lot.
    -Shinuchi is shocked that Nao only has two pairs of shoes: sneakers and imitation boots (Shinuchi says they look more like loafers). Nao’s shoe size is 24.5 cm. Shinuchi’s is 22.5 cm so her shoes are usually too small to give to other people.
    -Nao wants to receive things from senpai. Shinuchi says it feels difficult giving clothes to Nao, since Nao is over 20 so it feels like she should wear what she likes to wear, but Nao says it’s fine. Shinuchi asks what Nao would do if she received clothing she didn’t like. Nao says she’d treat it as a “specimen” and frame it on her wall. Shinuchi says she usually wears each pair of clothing for only one season, so she can give her clothes to Nao after each season ends.
    -Nao hasn’t talked to Ikuta yet.
    -Nao is still getting used to co-hosting the Chinmoku no Kinyoubi radio program. She’s unsure if what she’s saying is resonating with audiences. Shinuchi says she’s grateful for the connections ANN has allowed her to make with other radio personalities, as well as music bands like Wanima and the Sandaime J Soul Brothers.
    -Continuing from Ayane’s ANN episode, Shinuchi discusses how Manatsu and Matsumura are also interested in gut health. They’ve tracked down a probiotic yogurt drink named Yakult 1000 that is only sold by special vendors called Yakult Ladies. Even though Matsumura and Shinuchi stay up late at night, they say that after drinking Yakult 1000, they’re able to fall asleep right away. However, it’s expensive, at 7 drinks for 1000 yen. Nao is impressed at how skilled Shinuchi is at speaking (i.e. telling entertaining anecdotes on the radio).
    -Nao arrives to meetings 30 minutes early. She’ll wander around to kill time, but may end up returning late; she gets lost easily. She also wakes up 3 hours before heading anywhere, otherwise she feels rushed. Today she needed to leave the house at 6:30, so she woke up at 3:00.
    -Nao doesn’t read much manga, only educational manga for school. Her family home has bookshelves along the wall, containing various obscure dictionaries.
    -Nao has 6 siblings: Eldest sister / Nao / brother / brother / brother / sister / youngest sister. The only time the entire family has dinner together is at holidays like Christmas and New Year’s. On Valentine’s Day, the sisters give Valentine chocolate to whichever sad brother received the fewest chocolates. When Shinuchi asks if they get into fights, Nao says they do fight, but they pretend not to see it or forget about it afterwards. Nao mentions that Hinatazaka 3rd gen Yamaguchi Haruyo has 5 siblings.
    -Nao’s family home, in an urban part of Kyoto prefecture, is large enough to fit 11 people, including grandparents. Shinuchi notes that there are many wealthy people in Tokyo, including some Nogi members, but Nao denies that her house is anything grand.
    -Nao’s family shared one bath, so even a 10 minute bath would cause impatience. Now that she’s living alone, Nao spends an hour in the bath.
    -Nao was surprised at the tallness of buildings in Tokyo. She also feels like the streets are narrower than in Kyoto, since people bump into each other in a rush. She’s still learning to navigate crowds at crosswalks. Shinuchi hopes Nao will keep some of her refined character and not assimilate too much into Tokyo life.
    -Nao plays a song from her hometown memories, Kobukuro’s Sakura. (This is the song Endou Sakura is named after, as described in Nogizaka Koujichuu #216)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    but she one of the dumbest in the group right?

10. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    house that big but only one bath? and besides ikuta, who is other well known quite wealthy or upper class nogi members?

11. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Some wealthy/High income family
    Ikuta Erika - her father is from Cisco(rumor)

Hoshino Minami -
    Ito Junna
    Hayakawa Seira

Kakehashi Sayaka - studied in England as exchange student (Rumor)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  12. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Ikuta is definitely from a wealthy, that's been pretty much confirmed. I also heard about Sayaka. I've never heard rumors about Minami, Junna, or Seira though.

Ayame gives me rich girl vibes but I have no evidence of that besides just a feeling. Kuromi living in Hong Kong makes me feel like her dad is some financial person or business executive.

13. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Is she one of the dumbest in the group? I’m not aware, but I don’t follow the 4th gen as much. Nao didn’t say she read a lot of educational manga, just that she’s read some before, and her family had the manga in the bookcases because they were introduced by teachers. I guess having lots of books could indicate her parents value learning, but she didn’t discuss her reading habits.
    Two toilets in the house, but only one bath.

I searched some idol sites and message boards, and it looks like there’s mostly (only?) circumstantial evidence and unsourced claims about family connections. I ignored stuff like “she acts high-class.” Disclaimer: I’m not claiming these members are rich, I'm just listing specific evidence I found.
    Kana: Her family ate at intercontinental hotel buffets for birthdays, and she only realized this wasn’t normal after she entered Nogi. She’s said that she felt a gap in her “common sense” with other members. The customary greeting at the school she attended was gokigenyou, which is very formal.
    Reika: Attended a private Catholic girls’ school, good education. She talked about doing ballet, tennis, swimming, dance, and gymnastics during interviews. Also, during a NogiDoko episode where they had a limited restaurant budget, she ordered sea urchin (favorite food) and didn’t realize it was expensive. Rumors about her dad being a big shot business guy.
    Renka: Her house has a nice garden attached. Her family lives in Tokyo, so this isn’t as silly as it sounds, but still...
    Ikoma: Her grandfather was a former head of city council. In Nogibingo 3, she said of one of the perks of marrying her was that her family owns land.
    Other names that came up were Manatsu, Seira, Ayame, and Kitagawa, but I didn’t find anything more specific than that they went to more prestigious schools.
    I only found unconfirmed rumors that Hoshino’s dad is the head of a major sports newspaper, and Junna’s parents are a railway exec and a military base restaurant owner. I didn't search too hard though. Considering that Kitagawa was rumored to be related to Kitagawa Naoki for no apparent reason other than their last name, I’d take it with a grain of salt.
    I think Sayaka being sent to study abroad in England was mentioned by some official source.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    thanks a lot dude. i think kana is pretty much in the upper class family unless her family saved money every months to go to some high end buffet once a year. same goes to reika.
    the others, i think is somewhat middle class family( like super senior governant servant level of wealthy).
    btw, i never thought exchange student is for wealthy people? is not that program depends on goverment and also supported by goverment wholely?

15. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Tamami’s 1st appearance on ANN

-Last Christmas, Tamami’s friends had an informal Christmas party at school. They brought sweets and juice, gathered desks in the center of classroom, and everyone wore red and white.
    -Last Christmas, Nogi held a bingo game with prizes including a clothes dryer. However, Tamami only won a pack of sheet masks and Shinuchi only won face lotion.
    -Tamami has been taking barre au sol classes, which is a kind of ballet-inspired exercise that she says is popular in France.
    -Tamami owns 7 pairs of shoes; her shoe size is 24.5 cm. Shinuchi owns at least 15 pairs of shoes, including 2 pairs in the Nogi lesson room. When asked how many pairs of shoes her older brother has, Tamami responds that she and her older brother don’t get along that well, so she's not sure.
    -The staff sometimes forgets to include Tamami’s name when they print the 3rd gen’s activity schedule. Tamami says that being forgotten makes for good material (see Koujichuu #220) so now she welcomes it. Another “unlucky” problem she encounters is that people misspell the saka (阪) in Sakaguchi as the saka (坂) in Sakamichi.
    -Shinuchi received a surprise shipment of free Yakult products for talking about Yakult 1000 last week. Shinuchi thanks the Yakult company and says she’ll share it with everyone in the studio. Tamami says she’s also drunk Yakult 1000 before, but she usually falls asleep easily even without it, including at hotels when traveling for Nogi.
    -Shinuchi will appear in The Atami Murder Case stage play in January. She feels shy at rehearsals since she hadn’t met her co-stars before and some of them have performed the play previously. However, her role is double-cast with Aihara Mika, who previously co-starred in a play with ex-member Saito Yuuri, so the three of them are going out to eat together soon.
    -During a listener mail segment about unusual lifestyle habits (such as using 4 types of shampoo, or always using forks and not chopsticks), Shinuchi announces that they received a letter from Akimoto-sensei (Akimoto Yasushi) on the topic. She says they’re purposefully not going to read it out loud, but thanks him for the letter.
    -Discussing the listener mail about using forks, they mention that the Waka-sama Gundan hasn’t appeared recently, and wonder what will happen once Hori graduates. Shinuchi says Hori will probably decide who the successor is.
    -Tamami declares that she is a gyaru, although she defines it as being about language, rather than clothes. Shinuchi says that when she listens in on the 3rd gen in the dressing room, she hears lots of “pien”s and “paon”s (lighthearted onomatopoeia for crying that can be used for sad or happy occasions), but Tamami confirms that this slang is actually already slightly old. Shinuchi tries other slang she’s recently heard: ase ase (stressed/sweating) which Tamami knows, and ohayou deyansu (a cute way of saying good morning from TikTok) which Shinuchi learned from Ayame but Tamami seems unfamiliar with.
    -In high school, Tamami and her classmates bought bubble tea from Shibuya and brought it back to hide under their desks during class.
    -Shinuchi says she rarely takes photos of herself, besides with members between work. She has friends on Instagram, but says that if she appears in a photo, it has to be removed. Tamami says she still takes lots of photos. Since she can’t appear in them publicly, her friends gave her an album full of their photos together on Tamami’s birthday.
    -Tamami plays the song she listened to before going to sleep on the day before her high school graduation, as well as on the way home after her graduation: MACO’s Sangatsu Kokonoka.

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Is there any different meaning between Saka in Sakaguchi and Saka in Sakamichi, @Gofindnova ?

17. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

阪 (Sakaguchi) is an older form of the kanji and has basically been replaced by 坂 (Sakamichi). Nowadays 阪 is only used in names of people or places (usually Osaka 大阪). They both mean "slope" or "hill."

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Ikuta rings in an early Christmas!

This week is Shinuchi’s 5th annual “2-oshi Santa” radio special. 2-oshi means 2nd choice oshimen, or 2nd favorite member, but Shinuchi often uses it on ANN to refer to the kind of people who encounter bad luck, who just can’t win, etc. (Shinuchi often hears that she’s fans’ second choice.) The show comprises Shinuchi and Ikuta reading out stories of unfortunate events sent in by listeners (>2500 letters this year) and awarding the listener 1 of 46 mystery gifts.

-Although Ikuta and Shinuchi share the same birthday (January 22), they’re often separately busy with musicals or overseas Lives, so they’ve only shared the same birthday cake once or twice.
    -Ikuta recites the lyrics of Boku wa Boku wo Suki ni Naru from 24:24 to 28:24.
    -Ikuta likes the final verse: it’s the most important thing, but also the most difficult. Searching for the right words, Ikuta says that the lyrics aren’t saying that everyone should like themselves by all means, but rather that if everyone could be that way then that would be happiest, but it’s difficult to do that, to support that, but loving oneself is surely the most important thing.
    -Shinuchi likes the verse about how when life is too close, you become unable to see what’s around you. A misty-eyed Ikuta responds that when you’re feeling troubled, it’s easy for things to become scary.
    -Boku wa Boku wo Suki ni Naru plays at 31:53, with partial choreography from Shinuchi and Ikuta.
    -Ikuta says that Kazumin recently wanted to eat oyster tempura tororo bowls at a restaurant after work, so they went together, but it turned out that the oysters were a limited-time special that hadn’t started yet, so they just ate regular tempura bowls. They still had a fun time talking for 3 or 4 hours.
    -But wait, there’s more! When Kazumin said she wanted to eat oysters, Asuka overheard and unexpectedly said she wanted to eat oysters too, so they planned to go together. But after they finished work, Asuka apologized and said she had to attend another appointment. Ikuta suspects that Asuka looked up the restaurant, discovered that the oysters weren’t available yet, and decided to drop out. Shinuchi says Asuka is the type to look things up beforehand, and Ikuta says that Asuka probably laughed “kukuku” imagining the two of them discover there were no oysters.
    -At 1:03:00, Ikuta casually drops the absurd phrase bikkuri momonoki (“surprise, peach tree”), which is a butchering of the wordplay rhyme odoroki momonoki sanshounoki (“surprise, peach tree, pepper tree”) which contains actual wordplay because odoroki ("surprise") sounds like a type of tree. Whereas bikkuri momonoki is just nonsense.
    -When Ikuta was vacationing in Hawaii, she lost an expensive pair of sunglasses while watching fireworks on the beach. A friend of hers also lost a wallet with important cards inside. The wallet weighed heavily on her friend’s mind, but then another of Ikuta’s friends said that “objects and money can be replaced, but memories can’t,” so they should forget it for now and take of care of it when they return to Japan. Shinuchi says a friend who can say things like that is invaluable, and Ikuta says she loves that friend.
    -Ikuta plays Takeuchi Mariya’s Suteki na Holiday, which is played in commercials for KFC during Christmas.
    -A listener writes in to say that Ikuta’s Hawaii story deserves a 2-oshi Santa gift too. Ikuta rejoices at winning a Ski Jumper board game at 1:17:53. She becomes so engrossed in unboxing it that she misses half of the next listener’s story.
    -The grand prize winner of saddest story is a 25-year-old man who was in a long-distance relationship with his girlfriend of 2 years whom he knew since childhood. The girlfriend was returning to their hometown and he planned to propose marriage, but then she phoned him to say she was getting married. It turns out she was having an affair. Also, he lives next to her parents, so he has to see their apologetic faces. Ikuta is like, “Is this okay to broadcast on ANN?” They try to pick a good gift for him, but the mystery gift turns out to be a worthless TV timetable from 2003. Shinuchi decides to phone the guy (1:33:15) and discovers the story happened last week and now he has no plans besides work for Christmas and New Year’s. They say that there are better women out there and try to encourage him.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Aww... strangely enough 2~ years was Nogi's 'average' during that Koujichuu episode.

• Like Like x 2
  20. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Thank you for this, ikuchan opening the box is funny and cute lol.

• Agree Agree x 1