1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oda Nana (Oda) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Best case scenario is they have quietly transitioned her into a Harada like hiatus just until things cool off.

2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    But would be fair?
    We just had Yuuka having to apologise and explain that the necklace she wore was a gift from a relative because a wild and baseless rumor was started by a "fan" that could impact negatively the group. Would be fair have Oda back just like that after the choice she made?
    I'm sure the girls would love it, but would it be fair towards the group?
    I think it would slightly be better if she openly talk about it and then may come back.
    Silence just add distance to an already wrong decision.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    No doubt, secret romances that become public are a mess to handle from a PR standpoint, especially because of the love ban rule.

Dani has become like the go-to of the Keyaki girls when asking for advice and comfort. I would hate to see her just gone. I understand that we international fans are more open to the idea of idols dating, but in Japan it seems like its a really, really bad thing, just judging from the precedents.

If I were in management shoes I would also be torn on what to do. No matter what option Dani chooses (stay silent or apologize) there will be noise.

4. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I am still trying to comprehend the mentality of the Japanese people and culture that I love and admire so much. However, the current situation with Oda is really beyond comprehension...

Whatever the reason, motives, back-story and conspiracy theories around her "date photo", the current situation is (for me at least) unacceptable! This amazing 3rd line girl was, for reasons of variety content, even from the start of Keyakitte kakenai, almost always at the fore-front. At the beginning, scolded and mocked and gradually, after her really amazing and uniquely strong character was being unfolded, ended as a variety super-star, a member that is being admired and supported by members, staff and fans...

This girl managed to build upon her character one of the strongest and unique personas in the Japanese Idol world... It would be unfair and disrespectful, to say the least, to be treated this way... The whole situation should have been handled with an immediate reaction aiming above all to protect Oda's personality and reputation, secondly to eliminate any possible side-effects to the group's unity and thirdly to pacify her fans and admirers and not keep them in the darkness...

Also, please, please, lets keep her page here - this very page - as VOCAL and ALIVE as possible!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Everybody was back to Keyakite for the Yoshimura episode, except for Mon, Techi, and...Oda Nana. I wonder how Mon feels truly about this whole "scandal" thing. She really likes (liked ?) Oda, I don't know if it was just a platonic love. I just hope that Oda is just cooling her heels (like Iguchi Mao), and will return before the end of the year.

• Creative Creative x 2
  6. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    You might be on to something with her not being happy about it, less so the romantic love theory. She is Oda's best friend, and if my best friend was having her dreams torn apart because she dared to fall in love, I'd be pissed too.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    And to think its probably Dani who will have the wittiest comebacks "against" comedians with her sharp wit. Man, I miss her, but if this will help cool things down a bit, then so be it. As long as we get her back at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

I...don't remember 'witty comebacks' being Oda's strength. Perhaps you can refresh my memory with an example. I'm not being sarcastic, I truly forget a lot of things these days. I do know Oda is a top 5 intelligent member, IIRC. She studies a lot and seem book-smart at the very least.

I did enjoy Oda just performing musical numbers and dragging Sawabe along back in the day.

Sidenote: your profile pic always made me think, "oh, that Superman posts again" silly, I know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I would have to rewatch some Keyabingo because I remember Dani having great rapport with Sandwichman, what I do remember was how funny she was in the hidden cam episode where she had secret missions for Berika. I'll find what I can and get back to you.

Sidenote: I use this Superman pic not only because I love Supes, but so I don't have to choose a Risa pic to have as my avatar (because I would be changing it almost daily.) Glad to know I got your attention, though. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

@rdamon42 -
    Ah, I see. Yeah, that's from one of the early Keyabingo seasons...Oda needed to complete those 'secret missions' including make Rika playing the keyboard, doing the cat ear pose, the Inoki catchphrase and a couple others. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Yep, that's the one. Even earlier on, Dani already had a flair for comedy (remember the onee reactions to the ghost house and roller coaster).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Seems like Oda Nana’s official talk service will stop new registration and automatic renewal by Nov. 2nd. I have a bad feeling about this...

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Star Wars reference? :p

Kidding aside, this is kinda worrying. I did read her mobame service is getting cancelled. Is there no leeway for this now, is it a one-strike and you're out of the group with a forced graduation?

14. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    I'm thinking Sakamichi or whatever they are called are taking a lot more of a hardline stance on their love ban than AKS do.

15. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Man, that sucks. I would hate for this to be the way Dani goes out, after everything she has done for Keyaki, not to mention being the listening ear of the members.

The idol industry can be so brutal and merciless at times. And yes, I know she broke the rules, but we can be humane about this. Her livelihood and career are at stake and it will just die with this thing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    To be honest, I'd be pretty surprised if they straight kicked her out since Iguchi is set to return to Hinata this month. Since both groups are under the same management you'd think they'd have similar reactions to two arguably equally popular members getting caught dating.

17. Nogipunch

Nogipunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    I'm a Nogi fan and only watch Keya for their variety. Oda was one of the few members who kept their variety aspect alive, a key member for sure. I miss her on variety shows.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. DaMoonRulz

DaMoonRulz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitofuyuka
    I haven't followed them closely enough, but has anyone other than Matsumura on Nogi survived a love ban strike?

Seems like there's precedent to not remove Oda from the group, though I can see Oda being disillusioned after the process

19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think Keyaki mngmnt chose how to act in case of "scandals" when Shida's came out. That set the rule for our group.
    This means Sakamichi group don't have the same answer regarding scandals. This said, I hope Keyaki mngmnt learn to manage it better, because completely shutting down a member can't be the right move.

20. Nogipunch

Nogipunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    Didn't know Shida had a scandal too.