Official "AKB48 Chants" thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Tatami Mats, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I was talking to my "inside guy" (always will be referred to as "inside guy" from now on...the guy I've mentioned earlier) and got him to tell me what everyone is yelling at the top of their lungs in the song ”転がる石になれ” (korogaru ishi ni nare)

It is the most common one they have. I've heard fans shout it in about 10 different songs at the theater, but the most noticeable is in korogaru ishi ni nare. In the recent concert DVD, the other songs they do it in are "Maria," "Dear my teacher," which are the most noticable. They do it in a few others but I forgot which ones. In Maria and Dear my teacher, they only do the first (English) one.

Here they are.

#1 CHANT

よっしゃ、いくぞー! (pronounced: yosh iku zoh!!) [meaning: HERE WE GO!!!!]
    Tiger
    Fire
    Cyber
    Fiber
    Diver
    Viber
    じゃーじゃー (pronounced: jya jya!!)

#2 CHANT

もう ー丁いくぞー! (pronounced: moh iccho iku zoh!!!) [meaning: HERE WE GO ONE MORE TIME!!!]
    とら

じんぞう
    せんい
    あま
    しんどう
    かせんとびじょきょ!!! 

The pronunciation of the Japanese version is "torah, hee, jinzoh, sen-ii, ah-mah, shin-doh, kasentobijokyo!!!!"

[meaning: these are all the Japanese translations of the English words, in corresponding order EXCEPT the last one (kasentobijokyo). My friend told me none of it has a meaning, but I have a feeling he might be holding out the true meaning of it. Oh yeah, the translations are slightly different. ama is a woman diver, but not a word that is very commonly used in Japanese anymore (or so I was told). Shindo's kanji is used to represent an earthquake's magnitude. Sen-ii is a fiber, the kind used for clothing. Jinzoh is "man made" meaning synthetic, which I guess is why cyber is matched with it.

I'll let you all (SHIN ;) ) try to decipher what kasentobijokyo means (if anything :lol: ;) :shock: ) But there you have it.

Now go put on korogaru ishi ni nare and scream these chants as loud as you can. I've been able to make some more friends at the theater by screaming these chants as loud as I can and having the fans ask me "how the hell do you know that?" :)

2. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

A chant with the word "fiber" and "diver" instantly becomes the coolest thing ever. Haha :p

3. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

The man who created this chant said each word has no meaning, but this chan is just scream of soul.

Ama points to particular people, not all female divers. That's why it's not commonly used, but it's common word.

I've never heard "化繊飛除去(kasentobijyokyo)".
    I think someone just created this word, but I don't know why he chose these words.
    kasen = chemical fiber
    tobi = fly
    jyokyo = remove, eliminate, get rid of

Anyway, there are Dutch version and Ainu version also. But I've never heard those versions.

4. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

With corresponding kanji:

The kanji (not all words exactly) are taken from this, it seems.
    Or maybe it's an explanation of why those kanji were used. I'm not sure what came first.

Maybe Shin or someone else is willing to do an exact translation, but I think most of it boils down to getting caught up in the moment, completely letting go and throwing out your true feelings or something like that.

5. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

^ Oh, I didn't know that.
    So I just googled it, and tried to find where it comes from.
    But it seems the man who created this chant also created this writing.
    So I don't know which one came first.

6. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

just when i thought i could avoid the hardcore parts of being an otaku... here comes tatami with the chant i have been so wondering about. now even i could shout at the top of my voice when the crowd goes wild... T___T

now all that's left is learning wotage...

could somebody welcome me to the dark side? :p

7. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Very interesting and very cool.

Eques - thanks for the information!

Shin - thanks for the correction!

8. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

Some other version I could find:

Ainu version:

チャペ (chape)
    アペ (ape)
    カラ (kara)
    キナ (kina)
    ララ (rara)
    トゥスケ (tusuke)
    ミョーホントゥスケー (myouhontusuke)

Chinese version:

フー (fu)
    フオ (fuo)
    レン ザオ (ren zao)
    シエン ウェイ (shien wei)
    ハイ ニィ (hai ni)
    ジェン ドン (jen don)
    ホア シエン フェイ チュウ チィ (hoa shien fei chuu chi)

Spanish:

Tigre
    Fuego
    Ciber
    Fibra
    Buzo
    Viber
    Jersey

German:

Tiger
    Feuer
    Kunst
    Fiber
    Taucher
    Schwingung
    Chemiefaser fliegen Beseitigung

I'm not sure if these are just translations or if they are actually chanted for some songs. I can't really imagine "Chemiefaser fliegen Beseitigung" being chanted, though...

9. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Wait a minute....are those ones the Japanese fans in the theater chant, or are those the ones that the fans around the world chant?

10. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

I edited my post above while you replied, but I'm not sure. I couldn't find anything specific on when those versions are used, if ever.

11. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    :D Ditto. Just screaming and making noise is fun, but not nearly as fun when you actually know the words :)

I can only show you the door.

:lol: :lol:

12. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    that chant is really random and brilliant at the same time!

13. keiti

keiti Kenkyuusei

I didn't know this scream have meaning
    The only one I know they yell is the first よっしゃ、いくぞー! but the others i have thought they are just screaming

14. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Question:

In "Nou nai paradise" (脳内パラダイス) on the recent concert DVD, what does the crowd yell right before the girls start singing the first verse? They do the chorus (1, 2, 3, 4, A-B-C-D etc etc), but after that, before the first verse?

I know I am wrong, but it almost sounds like they say "Let's get rowdy" :lol: :lol:

15. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

^ it's hard to tell what they yell.
    Anyone knows that?

16. aznretro

aznretro Kenkyuusei

Lets get rowdy ahahahahaha B-)

17. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Maybe it's let's get ready then???

18. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

^ I don't think it's said in English.

19. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I still keep hearing "Where y'at?"

I was taking another listen through the A4 rip earlier, and as CREEPY as it is, I love the chanting 7 ji 12 fun no hatsukoi. Firstly the 'Who can chant "Acchan" the loudest?' competition, and then "Yes, oh yay!" <3

20. Daisuki Daiiyo

Daisuki Daiiyo Kenkyuusei

lol am I one of the people that just doesn't like the chanting? I mean, I don't mind when they cheer for the girls saying their names and stuff, and those 'Hais' that fit in here and there, thats cool. But the 'FIYAH DIVAH BLAHBLAH' stuff really irks me hahahaha.

Go do that in a Karaoke booth somewhere plz.