1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ogino Yuka (Ogiyuka) / Draft 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  3. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    I will just quickly drop a personal news: as Hinata needs someone as her deputy, after a longer consideration over something fairly obvious I have finally allowed Ogino Yuka to proceed with her candidacy for oshi. Pretty girl with great body, outstanding mimics and awesome idol values and story. And that hair. No point in avoiding this.

Mod edit: removed dead video links

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2018
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I honestly loooove her hair. It looks so soft and ahhh~ I wish I could brush it for her. Gorgeous

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    What does ippaiwarae mean?

7. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

'Ippai' can mean 'one serving' or 'lots' depending on the context. 'Warae' can mean 'smile' or 'laugh' similarly. :approve:

8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Will Ogiyuka, co-captain of Team NIII be new captain of Team NIII and NGT48?

As a comparison to 2 teams of HKT48:

1. Team H: When Chiichan grad, co-captain Natsu became new captain. If this condition applies to Team NIII/NGT48, Ogiyuka surely will become new captain of NGT48/Team NIII.
    2. Team KIV: When Rabutan grad, co-captain Sakura didn't become new captain & remained a co-captain. The one who became new captain was Aoi. If this condition applies to NGT48/Team NIII and Ogiyuka remains co-captain, who'll become new captain? There're some members older than her but I don't see any of them as capable as her.
    I think Ogiyuka deserves to be new captain of Team NIII/NGT48, I see she has an aura that is similar to Takamina & Yuihan. It's up to AKS to decide which one will be new captain of NGT48/Team NIII.

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Gatanee would be as capable imo.

10. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ This...

11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Ogiyuka reminds me of Yuihan in the sense that she gets overwhelmed very easily. I'm not sure if any of you watched Kitarie announce her graduation, but Ogiyuka collapsed when she announced it. Also, a few days ago she travelled (although I'm not sure where) and there were people on the airport shouting their support and congratulating her on her SSK rank once again, and she just fell to the ground and started crying.

As we can see with Yuihan this doesn't mean that she wouldn't make a good leader for Team NIII, however I don't want her to become overwhelmed with responsibilities sooooo fast. NGT hasn't been around for that long and if we expect her to be a center and a captain so early on, she might graduate sooner than we'd like. Yuihan wasn't made a captain until 2014 and even though Takamina kinda was somewhat a leader for the entire 48g from the start, she didn't have the role of a captain of Team A until 2009 either. That means Yuihan had 5 years until she became a captain and Takamina had 4. Seeing as Kitarie will graduate in Spring and we might get a shuffle soon, Ogiyuka would be an NGT48 member for a bit over 2 years before her captaincy.

I think she deserves some time to feel comfortable in her role as the currently most talked about member of NGT and settle into her role before she is given the responsibility of captain. I don't doubt that she could manage it, but I don't want to see her graduate after just three or four years. I also would like Katomina to have a chance at captaincy as Takamina is her greatest inspiration but this thread is not about her, hence the tiny font.

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Actually Yuihan became captain for the first time in 2013. Captain of Team A replacing graduating Mariko.

BTW, Gatanee?

13. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Gatanee has a sister-figure; she took care of Ogiyuka when they moved to Niigata. She is experienced (Baito AKB + Draft 2), calm and sweet, so I think she a good choice. The only concern is her age: for a long run the staffs may want to have a younger captain.

Ogiyuka is very popular & busy now, thus I prefer another girl for the captain position (though I believe she will be a good captain). Another good candidate is Hinatan: she is smart & calm + a fairly popular but not dominant member.

14. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Agree. Ogiyuka has two flaws for the situation IMO: 1) a captain needs to be someone who not only can handle the responsibility of captaincy but 2) also needs to be someone *all* the members look up to and naturally turn to for leadership -- up to now, that person has obviously been Kitarie. In NGT of all the J48G I think it's much, much more stressed by existing leadership, that members share the spotlight onstage and in performances to build cohesion... but in all groups there's always someone who takes the reins naturally and those who concede it. In Japan usually those who are older tend to inherit those roles, and she's shown she's stable and capable... so Gatanee would my choice.

*Her* flaw though.. is she's already 21 -- at most, based on average age of 48G graduation... she'd have two years, three if she didn't have any other outside offers. Ogiyuka I think is better for captain based only on this, since I feel she would stay in NGT through 25 if she could. But would she if say, if NIII had a (very hypothetical, nearly ludicrous) scandal season? Maybe not. But my feelings say she would -- she's not a quitter, and definitely loves NGT.

However... I don't think of Ogiyuka when I think of a natural leader. She's great fun and has surprising depth when the moment requires it... but she doesn't like to inhabit that space all the time. Gatanee is more orthodox but also more grounded IMO, which is an essential quality guiding 21 idols. With both Takamina and Yuihan, it's their strength of character and ability to lead that earn them the right to the 'member voice of 48G' role. Ogi is strong but I feel would either reluctantly accept or change radically to become a leader -- two situations that won't benefit her or the group (or me :^^;:).

That still doesn't negate Gatanee's age problem, though. So in lieu of my Gatanee, I choose Katomina for 2nd choice. IMO she's been the early face of the group (not so much anymore, perhaps)... but I think she'd be good for kyappu since she's already had her goals include leadership. She's also from Niigata, and the group has never had a hometown member as captain... plus has a 'hard', almost masculine, force-of-character side I feel that she could bring to bear and develop for leadership. :approve:

15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Sorry; but my initial thought still stands. That means Yuihan and Takamina both had 4 years of experience being in the group before captaincy. Ogiyuka deserves more time to feel comfortable imo

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Yeah. Native NGT48 members had been members for 2 years too. So Yukirin to be new captain of NGT48?

BTW, so Ogiyuka isn't only a Yuihan oshi but she also has similar nature to her oshimen?

17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    A lot can change until spring. I'm sure there are a few girls that will now try to exert leadership qualities to be noticed and hope to become captain. Ogiyuka is hard working and ambitious, she doesn't give up, so I can picture her trying to show leadership skills. But as the group is quite new still, I wish they would let her focus on her role of current center and that she wouldn't feel the need to prove herself worthy (because she is!! I just don't want her to overwork herself...). But yes, we'll see how the next few months turn out.

And about the last question, I think that's quite common with a lot of kouhais. Many of them become a 48G member because of their oshi, and they probably consider their oshi the perfect idol come alive and so naturally, they watch them and pick up some habits and behaviorisms.

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Yeah, if Ogiyuka isn't ready to be a captain, she should tell management that she needs more years.

But if she's ready then she should, I believe she'd be encouraged by Rie, Yuihan, and even Aki-P.

She's in shock now due to Rie's graduation announcement, but I believe that she'll get moved on soon.

BTW,

My confession: When I discovered her, I got interested to her because she looks like Haruna Luna, my favorite anisong singer, at least the hairstyle. She became my oshimen later & I voted her on sousenkyo tho not much. That kind of hairstyle is my favorite hairstyle of girls. When everything is ready, I'll find a girl who has such hairstyle to get married.

19. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Suddenly thinking that when Ogiyuka is 25 or older, she'd look like Kashino Yuka of Perfume.

IMG_20170825_231148.jpg

Maybe because both have similar hairstyle?

Also, both are named Yuka!

20. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's only logical and reasonable to just bump up the current vice captain who is Ogiyuka to be Captain which I'm sure she is very capable now from observing her ways with Kitarie and the embodying spirit of Takamina. Then giving vice captaincy to Gatanee would be perfect to balance out when Ogiyuka might be out of town or something.

========================

Anyways I came here just to post this

http://akb48nensensou.net/archives/51950290.html

It seems after the Music station performance, Ogiyuka was the star of the discussion among Japanese netizens because she was too cute.