Oguri Yui (Yuiyui)

Discussion in 'Team 8' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Kenkyuusei

I hope not! It’s even worse that we must “protect women’s purity” because western people (americans) get offended by little things like this. Usually the olympics are considered horrible for a country because of the billions of debt they get with all the basically useless buildings and such. But I think this is the real tragedy of the olympics.

2. Aka

Aka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi Nagisa
    Pettanko ace?

3. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Totally agree.

I'm Japanese living in America and so see this all the time. This is Japan and Japanese Idols. I don't give a rats @ss about American values or what the world thinks. America has been showing girls younger than 16 wearing bikinis in movies and TV since the 60s. I guess some people never gone to the beach or the pool since millions flock to water during the summer in America. So hypocritical.

Nothing wrong with Yui wearing a bikini - its what girls around the world wear in public when they want to swim.

4. Aka

Aka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi Nagisa
    I never liked the beach reasoning to be honest. You go to the beach to get a tan, to swim, to have fun, to rest. You're wearing a bikini on a magazine for men to f... Not exactly the same thing. You see naked children on a beach, you don't see them on the cover of a magazine.

The discussion goes beyond the Olympics, the U.S., the rest of the world. Some people don't like to see their idols being turned into gravure objects, others do.

EDIT: Let me give you one example. One day, banana was this cute young and talented SKE that was finally starting to be pushed. The very next day I couldn't even look at her because I was so tired of seeing her gravure. She became all about gravure in a matter of weeks. It loses its effect.

http://love-berry.net/fashion/yuiyuisexy.html
    047.jpg 048.jpg 049.jpg 050.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  5. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    Just as there's nothing wrong with Yui wearing a bikini I don't see why there's anything wrong with Yui not wearing a bikini. This is not America or anyone else imposing their values in the end its Japan still making this decision on their own.

6. lionel90

lionel90 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    My thought exactly.
    When i first encountered idols bikini works (AKB didn't exist by then) I liked those, but nowadays even if I don't mind swimsuit shots, I find it boring ....
    When you have seen 1 bikini shoot, you have seen all of them.
    What looks more like so and so idol wearing a bikini than so and so idol wearing a different bikini ?
    Do an idol have to remove her clothes to look pretty ?
    I find more appeal in the photos above than in @kyoto48☀︎☂ 's avatar

7. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Kenkyuusei

I agree :approve:

There's nothing wrong with her not wanting to wear one if she has the choice. But if toyota or "the olympics" forces them to not do it, then yea I think that's pretty stupid. Forcing someone who wants to wear one to not be able to is bad just like forcing someone who doesn't want to wear one to wear it.
    I mean, imagine if you're somebody like Onishi. You are 20 years old and you have never once in your life been able to even go to the beach with friends and wear a bikini because some executive working in Toyota forbids you to do it...

I mean I could say the same thing about "clothed" gravure too, right? lol

8. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    Yeah you're totally right that's my stance as well, gravure is a huge part of creating a fan base but it can also look as management exploiting young idols into gravure shots they don't want. I am not sure on whether the Olympics is doing a direct ban but if Toyota is well its up to them what values they want to impose on their employees. I also don't think gravure ban stops them from going swimming at all so that seems like a huge exaggeration but you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

9. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Kenkyuusei

I think the members are not allowed to go out in public in bikini's, and not allowed to take pics and upload on social media in bikinis either.

10. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    Ok well that's pretty dumb, I was under the impression they just wouldn't do any shoots until 18+

11. Aka

Aka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi Nagisa
    We live in the age of smartphones. It would be easy for certain pictures to end up in 5ch or Twitter, which would make the rule pointless.

004.jpg

12. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    It wouldn't be pointless, in my mind the rule is in place to not publish gravure, not for pictures of them in bikinis not exist at all

13. Aka

Aka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi Nagisa
    But you have to see the reason why they have the rule in the first place. They don't want their girls to be seen like that.

14. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    If the reasoning is so that to look more palatable to the world because of the upcoming Olympics I doubt anyone would care if they were photographed at the beach by paparazzi. Teen actors in America are seen all the time at the beach etc. Going off the other discussions the issue to me seems that a product is being created that sexualizes minors which isn't viewed so well. Also there will always be the question of were they willing to do the photo shoot or were they pressured into doing in through exploitation of power.

The ban extending to never wearing bikinis ever because smart phones exist doesn't address those two issues.

15. Aka

Aka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi Nagisa
    I don't think it has anything to do with the Olympics. I mean, c'mon, it's Toyota, not the Japanese Olympic Committee nor the Diet Building. But they're a worldwide car manufacturer and their name is associated with the team. And that team has young girls. Toyota being associated to minors wearing bikinis in magazines? See what I mean?

And what they banned wasn't swimsuits, the girls can still go to the beach and wear something like this...

005.jpg 006.jpg

See the difference between Ikumin (and even the younger Naanya) and Mako?

16. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    Im not really arguing the motive behind the ban, just that going off other discussion here if the ban was for the public image before the Olympics that a ban towards gravure shoots is reasonable but not banning swimsuit wearing altogether. I had already said I'm not too knowledgeable on the exact details of whatever ban there is and was going off the fact another user said they banned swimsuits altogether.

Toyota not wanting their name attached to minors wearing bikinis is a whole different discussion that I wasn't really defending, but if that's what they want it is totally up to them as they are the sponsors.

17. black_snow

black_snow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    They have bigger boobs than Ikumin

• Like Like x 2
  18. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    Actually, what is the details of the ban we are talking about?
    Perspective-wise, there will always be people who support and oppose.

That is kind of obvious :^^;: come on its Naanya. They need at least HidaAya/Moka to be on par with her.

19. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

If its not about moral consistency but instead about Toyota's strategic image, then its all BS anyway. As far as the argument about the beach and the studio being different environments, I will agree with that. However, Hollywood has been putting bikini clad girls 16 or younger on the BIG Screen for decades and Hollywood movies have a much bigger world audience than a Japanese Teen Magazine( as far as sexualizing minors, Hollywood is the king of that).

And finally,to each there own, including the Idols. If an Idol wants or not wants to do a bikini shot than they should be able to. So if a Idol wants to do a Bikini shot then we fans that want to see should be able to and for the fans that don't like the idea, they don't have to look.

20. Aka

Aka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi Nagisa