1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

someday you'll understand that there are people out there in the world that will have different thoughts than you and will never have the same reasoning as you do, and then you will understand why it was a problem for them
    the problem is that she knows she crossed a line that would cause trouble and chaos for her and the group
    her whole idol career was basically saying she wouldn't cross that line, she even told her fans she wouldn't cross that line before she worked with the guy
    and so she pretty much dug her own grave and supply her haters with ammo

now mion getting hate is more unfair, but she should've spoke up when other girls were in a scandal, but she didn't so she basically set herself on fire for nana

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    OK, Now I am in a situation where the leader of the team in which I work supports and stands up exclusively for the person who is close to her. :rant:
    I fully support all the negativity against Mion. And I'm going to sign up for her haters. I hate these type of "general managers".:asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh: Get her fired!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Idk i don't think graduation is the solution. And indeed... the graduation announcement does not seem to appease people who are disappointed by her and/or her antis. In fact, she got a new label (coward, running away).

Let's face it. She was in lose-lose situation. If indeed management does not want her to leave, she couls make use the opportunity to show that she can make up for her misdeed. For example, by willingly to take a sort of punishment? At least even just for an image... It would do better for the group's brand and more importantly, hers.

Here the ship is shinking yet nothing is done to the ship

I guess she truly does love her bf and it is the driving reason why she chose to graduate.

Also, many people criticized the way she mentioned "but the management does not want me to leave"

I personally am fine with it. But many sees it as humble bragging. People think she does not learn from Mion's and her insistence that: 1) love ban does not exist, and 2) the management does not give a damn abt it, and 3) that means her action is not violating the rule, only causing public grievances... which was not what the public issue. This gives public the upper hand to even criticize her.

"She wants to apologize but why does she keep insisting that the fact that rule does not exist means her action is forgiveable by the management...?" Not my thoughts, but many has this thought

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. trippy

trippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuzuha Huge-O
    [​IMG]
    basically the same.
    came along in the same timeline also.
    basically empty words thats not reflecting the manner of how the real situation is

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Didnt Takamina practically did the same thing for Minegishi? Saying something along the line of Minegishi being a first gen or something.

Looking at it now, with Okada graduating, while AKB will be losing a popular member, but after half a year, things will just be business as usual. AKB will be as relevant or irrelevant as they were days before this scandal.

Sad, had my hopes that Okada will be a part of AKB when or if they become relevant again to the general public.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Like, I get how it can be seen as nepotism or favoritism, but who else was Mion supposed to speak up for? There's only been 2 notable scandals during her tenure, and one of them was an actual scandal, not just a love ban violation. The Moeka thing could have just been ignored, and that's what they were trying to do, but Moeka crumbled. (It was also 2 months after Mion became GM).

Her statement was tone-deaf and denialist (expecting idols to abide by a love ban isn't just a "misunderstanding" when Naachan herself has preached it, and it's what makes the idol system work), but I do think it's unfair to judge her for not standing up for other girls.

------

For sure it sucks, and AKB won't be the same without Naachan, nor Naachan the same without AKB.

But I think graduation was the best decision for both AKB and Naachan's future. If she'd gone through with the "there's no real love ban" excuse it would have been a complete about face from all the seriousness and hard work she'd put into the group over the years. She would still be a member but her integrity would be gone, she'd have completely abandoned everything she stood for. Instead, although she stumbled she did not fall. In time she will be able to walk with head held high again, and, I hope, somehow find a way to perform alongside Yuiri even after graduation.

As for AKB, you may not understand the love ban, or you may think you understand it and hate it, but the group, especially the new and the middling-to-less popular members, need it. Wholesale abandoning it, unless it was done in an extremely delicate and careful fashion (DH is incapable of this), would absolutely destroy the group. Naachan could have survived without it, but if she continued in the group it would crush those around her.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    :awesome: Hi, I'm her hater too.

Ok, not hater, bur I'm was happy to hear news about her graduation

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Honestly, despite not necessarily agreeing with the idea of a love ban, the truth is this perception from the fans exists and the members are aware of it. They know if they get themselves in a dating scandal, there will be consequences. Naachan deciding to graduate in a way does make me respect her because at least she is taking the matter into her own hands, making a decision and taking responsibility for what happened. It's probably the best case scenario in the middle of this mess, and ultimately probably the best for the group as a whole. I like Naachan, but she was never an oshi of mine, so I'm mostly worried about how this will affect the group. I think Naachan did want to leave, although not in this way, but since all this happened, at least she is trying to make it better for the other members and even past members who did follow this "rule". It makes sense given the person she has shown this entire time that she is and did renew my faith in her after the initial shock. I hope she still gets to have a pretty graduation (even if maybe slightly bittersweet) and leave the group on as much of a high note as possible.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

Well, the fact that they insisted that she didn’t have to graduate implies that the love ban is still not as ambiguous than fans think. She theoretically could have rode the scandal out, but didn’t. Though I can understand that the “you can stay” line is probably very likely just a formality and the pressure was heavily in the other direction. Still, I don’t think that’s necessarily true.

Anyway, 10 years is an absurdly long in this business, so I think it was probably for the better regardless. She definitely has star power as a solo artist. I hope she’ll be happy! Though if I had to guess, I think she probably wanted to graduate in a more positive way. She still can - since the date’s unannounced, there’s still time for her to build some final trust on the way out.

I also hope she addresses the whole sexuality thing, but I get the sense that it’s basically the same as what she said years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Within the context of the situation she put herself in this was the least bad action she could've taken. Like seppuku. Everyone can move on... kinda.

HOWEVER... If she had such strong feelings about her fans, the rule, and feels so bad about what she did as if she were the worst person in the Universe, how did she not only broke the rule for a considerable amount of time but was also planning on not giving the slightest of fucks for an even longer period and cold-bloodedly bought an apartment to live with her boyfriend and, who knows, future husband? One thing is the flesh being weak, that I can understand, but in this case she knew exactly what she was doing and it didn't bother her one bit.

Oh well, good luck, Okada Nana. May you find happiness. At least more than most of the graduates that got into relationships.

She could've... just stayed quiet? Sometimes the soukantoku needs to know when to just shut up instead of making things A LOT worse. Politicians do that all the time.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

AKB is losing one of their most prominent members, so I don't know about that.

The thing is that they could have done a lot differently (demotion, transfer, etc.), but with the character she has built herself... she was cornered. In the end, she took the honest path and decided that she couldn't stay. Props to her. I just hope she gets a graduation song of sorts and doesn't rush through the graduation process. I'm sure management will try to squeeze at least one more release with her, even if she declines a senbatsu spot or whatever.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

Well, she did allude to an existence of a relationship at least once, so I don’t know how cold blooded it was. Especially because she said she “wished she could say more.” Though it does seem that, as another user said, she planned on being an idol for another five years. Did she intend to keep it on the down low the entire time?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

And still nothing from the guy Naachan now has literally lost her idol career for.
    It baffles me when people curse Mion, Management or AKB (some wants to check out from the group altogether) but that scumbag receive less crap throwing at him.
    All of this can totally be avoidable if he can just wait until she graduated.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    At least she's now...
    Freed from desire, mind and senses purified
    Will Grigg's on fire

Nana Nana Nana Nana Nana Nana Nana

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    but it's her bussines not him... They are not even married...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She deceived herself. It's unfortunately not that hard to do especially when it comes to love. When you're deep in that it can take a real shock to bring you back to your senses.

Yeah, it would have been far better if TGSK--no wait, Hosoi--no wait. DH are cowards. She shouldn't have said what she did but she is their mouthpiece.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ming Hung

Ming Hung Kenkyuusei

Well , that 30yrs piece of shit knew she is a idol , she is not a nobody . as person , i thought he can man up a little bit to draw some fire....

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Because she made the choice and not him? She is the one bounded by the rules and she was the one who allowed herself to the relationship, and broke the rule by doing so?

I agree though it was a jerk move of him to keep his silence. Again, many people who are in relationship with an idol knowing the consequences if the idol breaking the rule are probably jerk.

Mion might be a bad soukantoku, but at least she was a good friend? It is not easy to defend ur friend esp if everyone is ganging up on ur friend?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Cop pop

Cop pop Kenkyuusei

Well... This is the the outcome that I don't want the most :hmm:, but at the same time I also expect it's gonna turn out like this base on her character. As I mentioned b4 if she decides to graduate because of this. I'm pretty sure that some wota might remember her as a member who got caught dating & graduate because of it (instead of her 10 years hard working) & it's a shame to be honest if all her efforts is overlooked because of one black dot.

However, I respect her decision, I know that this decision might looks coward to some wota, but at least she knows she's done something wrong & decide to take responsibility for it (gotta say that what she said at ssk backfired her right now). She can't keep her words & she decides to take responsible for it. That's fair & cool (for me) , I mean...at least she didn't act like the (jerk) politicians in my countries where they said&promise at the selection that " I will fix this, improve that" but at the end nothing is improved & never take responsibility for their words. That's why in okada case, I'm gonna gim her credit for that, ngl it makes me feel better about her [hehe] (at least she takes responsible for her words, not like them lol).

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    She is 25 years old woman. Not a child. She has to take care of her own work by herself. He doesn't owe her anything. She doesn't owe him anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1