1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. manamohisama

manamohisama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyata Manamo
    Isn’t all the backlash she’s receiving rn because of her constant fanservice with yuiri and her ssk speech back in the day after sutou ririka kekkon announcement? If she didn’t push the narrative that she’s perfect idol and everything, I feel like the backlash wouldn’t be this bad? No?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yes
    + her majime chara
    + more importantly, BAD VERY BAD and even one of the worst PR stunt (second only to NGT48)*

But tbh, this scandal can be a great opportunity to break out that shell. I would like her to be more 'human' instead of that ue kara mesen majime ver
    so i was looking forward to a relatable Naachan. Unfortunately she caved in to the pressure

To put it frankly, most (if not all) members of the 48Group (including hers truly) would not reach this level without the illusion of parasocial relationships that keeps the fans in supporting these types of idols. Just like how perfection is the currency in Kpop idols, parasocial relationship is the currency in Jpop idols

Let's be real...in the flux of great, emerging vocalists like Ado (whose vocal ability are wayyy above Naachan) and the resurgence of kpop and male idols, she has little chance to survive without these parasocial relationships. Remember there are soloists like Ado that can fill up SSA alone while Naachan with the help of other 50+ members could not even fill budokan. Budokan is 1/3 of SSA btw

Okay, there are many international fans but how much do they contribute financially?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    More her overall attitude throughout her time being an idol, from her earliest days taking a hard line with her genmates slacking off, through the Ririka scandal (where she really wasn't as critical as some people seem to think, just reiterated her own commitment to the fans), and the Yukarin scandal (which was way worse than this). But a lot of people are condemning her for being "hypocritical", when she was never really judgmental about others' scandals. She stood with and supported Miki and then Mako, for example.

I also think a lot of the people hating on her only know about her from those past events (or from news articles talking about those events), they haven't watched her slowly expand out of her majime shell--not abandoning that seriousness but allowing the other hidden parts of her personality to emerge. And, well, here we are.

For sure some people are raging about the YuuNaa stuff but frankly they have only themselves to blame for seeing it as other than what it was, two close friends who'd been through a lot together.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Do you really think I have fun attacking that man, considering Naachan also isn't blameless at all?
    It hurts even more seeing her Kouhai (Sayarin) crying about this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    I meant that in a general population context, whether a single person does or doesn’t matters little.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

This is another thing I’ve been wondering. Are people who are upset about the sexuality thing mainly mad because YuuNaa wasn’t an actual romantic relationship, or is it because they think she lied about her sexuality? (As if people who are implied pan/bi/non-descriptive can’t date men…)

Also, yeah, lol, any fanservice isn’t a marker of an actual romantic relationship. It just isn’t how relationships work. Fanservice should be appreciated just for what it is, not looked into more.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I'm confused. The final day of Budokan was a sold out event though?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    For what it's worth, Naachan's boyfriend is actually getting some comments on his instagram about this. Nothing to the same degree as the members are, but he's not as public a persona.

Some seats were deliberately cordoned off, but I think the degree of emptiness was exaggerated by people posting photos from hours before the event started.

• Like Like x 3
  9. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Nope. They covered the area that wasnt filled up to make it look like as if they are filled.

At most they sold 2/3 (and that's generous). Many reports half of the seats were covered though

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz

I've been addicted to rio harumi since she guested on sayonara mouri san

The worst part about this scandal is how it took away from Miki's wedding announcement. Selfish na-chan.

Thankfully team Japan are nana fans and took attention from the scandal and gave members something else to talk about in showroom

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You wanted an explanation, now you've got one. Now you're mad about another thing. The truth is, you just don't like her, period, and everything she does is wrong :glare: Why do you even bother checking on her this entire time.

I spoke to a Japanese wota on twitter who was obsessed with Yuunaa and their response was: "It's like when you watch anime and you root for the main couple, but she chooses someone completely random at the end."

The analogy makes a lot of sense, but it just goes to show how people don't consider idols as real human beings, but something that exists to entertain and fuel their fantasies.

That person did say they realise it's their own fault that they got so engrossed in something like that, but at the same time, they won't be able to look at Yuunaa the same anymore. Which I think is really sad and unfair to the girls, especially if you acknowledge it was your own fault for believing it to this degree.

Yuiri in particular always told fans they're not genuinely dating, and based on yesterday's (the day before yesterday?) performance of Hisalip, Yuunaa are obviously still close. Naachan looked like she was gonna cry at one point, and Yuiri wipes her eye at another as she's turning away from the camera. Naachan also reaches for Yuiri's arm at the end pose. They're obviously still close even now.
    That's a good thing! She got married to a convicted criminal, she should be glad people aren't talking about that.

EDIT: He's not convicted. Just gross.

• Like Like x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Usually a “convicted criminal” has to be CONVICTED of a crime by a court. :awesome:

I guess, In 2022 standards… an accused jaywalker is also a “convicted criminal”. :lol:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

It’s a nice friendship and one that doesn’t need to be romantic to be appreciated. I agree, people don’t do the idols any favors by projecting into their relationships - is there a single ship that turned out to be actually true? I don’t think so. (including k-pop and j-pop idols, etc) If anything, fans having an “all or nothing” viewpoint of an idol’s friendship makes it easy for them to overlook the actual true value of their friendship. If it’s not romantic, they’re not interested, but they totally disregard everything else. It also doesn’t invalidate her sexuality TBH.

By the way, that performance you describe sounds quite nice. Is there a way I can view that?

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu

if the video does not show watch the video here

1:03 [Yuu/Naa] nani wo omoidasaseru?
    1:08 Yuiri wiping tears as she turns away from the camera
    2:03~ [Yuu/Naa] omedetou to shika ienai
    2:38 Yuiri looking on the verge of tears again
    2:54 Naachan reaches for Yuiri's arm

To be fair, some of this could just be Yuiri losing herself in the song, it's not a happy tune.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    Looking back, instead of "she was gonna cry", it seem like she's just done crying just before the performance.
    Not to mentioned, compare this performance with the previous performance, you'll see that she's kinda stiff and lifeless, but "fighting through it" professionally here..
    Understandable tho..

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    One other thing I noticed when comparing with those other performances, as YuuNaa sing "nani wo omoidasaseru" (0:54, 0:40 in the older clips).
    Yuiri looking up is part of the choreography, but in the most recent performance she spends a lot more time looking up, almost like she's trying to keep tears from falling. Moments later is when she wipes those tears away.

As far as Naachan's expression during the performance, idk. I do get the sadness and weariness from it, but also a kind of suave yet burning ikemen look.

• Like Like x 2
  17. trippy

trippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuzuha Huge-O
    why oh why does this keeps dragged on?
    it should be ended a few days ago.
    okada nana is the supporter of love ban (based on her rigorous speech about riripon).

you cant be a defender of anti abortion law but want to terminate your pregnancy if it suits yeself.
    theres a term for that that i cant seems to grasp the word for

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    He has been convicted. Of fraud and fraternising with Yakuza. I'm not talking about the rape charges that were dropped.

EDIT: Not him. Different dude with same name. He's still gross.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    Hypocrite?
    Phony?
    Fake?
    2 Faced?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. baketon

baketon Kenkyuusei

https://www.tokyoreporter.com/crime...-yakuza-raise-funds-through-celebrity-dinner/
    In case you refer to this article, that's a completely different person whose real name is 崔慶一
    Nishino married comedian Yamamoto Keiichi (山本圭壱)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1