1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    "I'm drinking beer while watching the fire":

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  3. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Doushitemo Kimi ga Suki da' karaoke:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Ahh I'm glad she uploaded a version of her singing it! Even with all the mistakes I'm happy to hear it. Truthfully the first time I heard Dousuki I thought it would suit her voice.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Fan meeting in Osaka:

• Like Like x 1
  7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Naachan will perform the ceremonial first pitch at the 'Iwashita New Ginger Special Night Game' which will be held at the ZOZO Marine Stadium of Chiba Lotte Marines on 9/1:
    https://iwashita.co.jp/news/230901-marines/

img-2363-230901-marines-4-720x540.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Naachan sings her solo song 'Kowasanakya Ikenai Mono' to see if she can get 100 points for it at karaoke:

• Like Like x 2
  9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Naachan makes healthy cabbage okonomiyaki pancakes without wheat:

• Like Like x 2
  10. lovetrip

lovetrip Kenkyuusei

heads up that she talks a bit about her eating disorder throughout the video, in case anyone needs it.

she also says that her current weight is 39.5 kg, but she's trying to stay at 38 kg for now... which is still VERY unhealthy considering her age and height. her relationship with food seems to have gotten better, given that eating itself doesn't upset her anymore, but her body image issues are still weighing her down unfortunately. i just hope that she gets better from now on and learns not to be so hard on herself. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Naachan had an announcement livestream earlier today:

[video privated]

Her announcements can be seen on her official website:
    https://okada-nana.com/news/
    • Solo debut album "Asymmetry" with 12 songs will be released on 11/7 with 3 types
    • Type 1 will be a Limited Deluxe Edition (price 11,000 JPY) which will include a Blu-ray of her 10th Anniversary Concert
    • Premium Advance Events in Tokyo (10/5) and Osaka (10/9) with screenings of the concert and Naachan will attend in person
    • Another Premium Advance Event with Naachan for her album tracks in Tokyo on 10/30
    • Online talks and sign-kai (with bingo prizes)
    • In-person 2-shot cheki sessions at various record stores across the country in 12 cities
    • New Year's Eve Countdown Party on 12/31 at Yamano Hall, Tokyo
    • A Year End Party on 12/30 for FC members only at NEW PIER HALL, Tokyo

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Naachan opens gifts from her fanmeeting:

• Like Like x 1
  13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Talking about her personal experiences with eating disorders:

• Like Like x 1
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A visit to Iwashita Foods' New Ginger Museum in Tochigi City:

• Like Like x 1
  15. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    A very personal video with a heavy trigger warning for eating disorders, but here is a summary:

When Nana joined AKB48, she became really busy and started to forget about eating a lot. At her lowest, at age 14, she weighed around 36kg.

She started becoming obsessed with eating and ate way too much. She would go to the shops and buy 5 loaves of bread and multiple cakes and just eat them in one sitting. At work outings, she would have 3 breakfast bentos, 3 lunch bentos and 3 dinner bentos (she also added to say there were usually more bentos than members). Then she would also eat at home.

She would eat her family's food, her brother would often be annoyed because Nana ate all his food, and her mum ended up guarding the fridge to make sure Nana wouldn't eat everyone's food.

The next part is a pretty detailed description of how she made herself sick
    However, Nana also wanted to stay thin but was obsessed with eating, so she came up with throwing up. She said there are many ways in which people make themselves sick, she's heard of people using the muscle in their abdomen to force it up and people using tubes, but she always used her fingers down her throat. She wanted to throw up "prettily," but it was always messy, her hands always dirty, and she was a mess of tears and snot with bad breath.

She threw up in the bathtub for that reason, so she could wash herself right after. She used to scoop the sick into a bucket, clean herself and then take the bucket to the toilet (in a different room). One day, her mum realised and she had to explain to her whole family what was happening, but they couldn't really understand why she was doing that to herself.

As she progressed with AKB and hung out with members, had concerts and theatre performances, she didn't like throwing up in public, so there were times when she ate food without being able to make herself sick afterwards. At this time, she gained weight and was 48-49kg at her highest weight.

As mentioned, she used to buy a lot of bread (sweet bread) and cakes, which is what triggered her functional hypoglycemia. Her body was dealing with too much sugar. At the time of the 2016 sousenkyo, Nana wanted to talk about her issues publicly, but management advised against it, saying she's an idol and ought to make people happy, not share her negative sides. However, Akimoto Yasushi encouraged her, saying that her words might help someone else in a similar situation so she made it public. After the SSK, she took 3 weeks off and even went on a trip with her family in the hopes of getting her mind off of things, but she couldn't.

Nana underwent three different treatments, including taking protein (to suppress her hunger and stop her from overeating) but it didn't help because she would rather have sweet/delicious food over the prescribed protein. She also went to a mental health clinic and tried different medications, but none of it worked.

What ended up working eventually was when she lived alone for 3 reasons: no space in her fridge, no money and couldn't be bothered to clean the toilet. Interestingly, the third part is what made the biggest impact as her mother had always cleaned the toilet after Nana threw up, but she herself couldn't be bothered to do it. That, coupled with not having enough money to buy food, helped her stop bingeing.

Graphic part over

She still struggles sometimes, but she hopes everyone - herself included - can love themselves as they are. She says she no longer suffers from an eating disorder

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm happy to hear she's doing a bit better.
    I'm kinda surprised at her not having enough money.
    was this in the AKB days? because she's been senbatsu quite a while.
    Miki-chan complained about not having money (and her apartment) after she graduated, which would mean Miki earned more while being an AKB member then after she graduated and Miki never ranked as high as Naachan.

"However, Akimoto Yasushi encouraged her, saying that her words might help someone else in a similar situation so she made it public."
    (I'm guessing this was 2014 or 2015 .... I remember Naachan's health coming up in one of the documentaries(?) )
    edit: just re-watched it, it was 2016
    You can say what you want about Aki-P ... but I wished he hadn't lost interest in AKB, he used to give encouragement and advice to members, I doubt he ever really does that nowadays, most likely not even Miion (Miion does have her M&S seniors to go for advice to though).

Not stopping eating even when your full is 'normal', its a kind of defect in humans, start snacking and you'll only stop when the bag is empty ... that's also why you should not go shopping on an empty stomach (and food stores take full advantage of that)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not 100% sure about the dates but she said she hasn't had an eating disorder since age 20, so that was about 2017. She received kennin that year with STU as well so you'd think she was in a good position? That was also the time when she became a staple senbatsu (2016, 2017 and 2018 she ranked senbatsu in SSK as well).

I'm not sure what she must've spent her money on, but maybe she meant she just couldn't afford the excessive amount she was eating, multiple bentos and lots of cakes and sweet breads... Eating out a lot is costly

18. junjou19

junjou19 Member

She might no longer suffer from bullemia, but isn't she still restricting her food an unhealthy amount? A previous post said she's trying to keep her weight down at 38kg which seems unhealthy and her recent pics look waaay too thin :( unfortunately I feel like dieting and restricting food just isn't seen as a disorder even when it's unhealthy

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Naachan talking about her new solo album:

20. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Might be, but doesn't seem all that likely tbh ...
    Anyway, Naachan took a hiatus after the 2016 senbatsu
    [​IMG]

The main problem with being so thin as Naachan seems to be that often girls see them selves as ugly or fat (or even hate themselves) when they gain and reach a 'normal' healthy weight
    they don't see what we see (when we look at them) when they look in the mirror

I won't even start talking about influencers, forums an websites who encourage this kind of behaviour in girls.
    As if the mainstream media depiction of perfect women isn't bad enough

btw, I just read up on this, this is not bulemia as those who suffer from that are normal or slightly overweight, this is anorexia nervosa.
    Naachan obviously fell in the first category

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023