1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Showroom with Yuiri

if the video does not show watch the video here

as I see it, Nana and management have discussed this kennin for a long time and Nana wanted to be a kennin only, but management probably wanted her to fully transfer that's why they suddenly gave her a captain position yesterday to give her a bit of a push in the transfer direction. that's probably how Nana sees it too - if she becomes a captain, she'll have to transfer to STU eventually, so she declined it.
    + Sasshi said that she'll teach Nana everything she can and then entrust the group to her, so that's another indication, that management wants to fully transfer Nana to STU (even though she also said that it's not management's intention, but her own)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

170224 showroom

Btw, it is better to watch the early part from Yuiri stream since her stream is more stable. Yuiri stream is around 1.5hrs long and this stream is 3hrs. In case you're watching Yuiri's stream, you can continue watching Naachan's stream from 1:32:28

Yuiri showroom for the later part

from https://twitter.com/green_tea_boy
    YuuNaa showroom (Custom).jpg
    Yuiri Naachan Sayaya showroom (Custom).jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  3. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Eeeeh… I hope she changes her mind, I really want to see a captain Nana.

On a different (off-) topic: can't believe we'll have a proper Nemousu! It's been what, years?

4. Nagatsuki Nura

Nagatsuki Nura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    • Like Like x 1
  5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Nana's haircut with the uniform is badazz tho :O

Hope she gets like scouted for war movie after this hahaha

6. Rurouni

I agree that it is management intention for her to transfer thus giving her captaincy, and although I like Naachan as a captain, I do question how management handled this. Her not being told about the captaincy beforehand and also the surprise with Sasshi, they all should talk about it first if they have a different plan for her and how exactly they are going to execute it. Basically convince her to take captaincy instead of trying to make it hard for her to say no.
    I was actually thinking before Naachan announced she is planning to decline the offer, how she would do it? It will involve a lot back and forth and quite far. Is it possible? A lot of her fans obviously are from Kanto area and she don't want to abandon her fans (since one of her strong point is her theater performance) but at the same time she is the type that taking things seriously, thus she will try to be in STU as much as possible. Is it possible?
    Anyway, if management want Naachan to take captaincy, they really need to convince her. Tell her the detail about the plan. Show it to her how they are planning to support her. It certainly will be really hard for her if management expect her to take both AKB and STU seriously without them supporting her. She is not a top senbatsu member and she still do things the way other regular members do.

Deep down, I still want Naachan to tackle the challenge, thus accepting her captaincy (remember that she hasn't officially decline it yet) and I really hope management take this seriously, thus give her the support that she needs instead of just throwing more responsibility towards her, starting by discussing on how to make it work (kennin as captain).

edit: also since AKB will do a National HS event on Sunday, I'm really interested in how her fans would react to it. Whether they like her being a captain, or she should decline it, or she should transfer. I think if most of her fans say to her directly that they would like her to take the captaincy, she might have a change of heart. Basically I really want this to happen because she is kinda stuck in AKB. Sure, she is still relatively rising in popularity, but I feel that there are walls that can't be broken. In AKB, she is still behind Sakura and Miion in terms of getting a push. Her position in singles is also behind Annin and Renacchi while they keep moving Miion step by step to the front. Not being involved in Tofu at all. It seems that management don't really know what to do with her (in terms of pushing from the AKB side), thus they try to make Naachan as STU captain.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  7. Rurouni

She just updated her G+. Basically she has been practicing for Minerva everyday. Also she wrote a bit about STU.

"also about the kennin to STU48,
    My feelings right now, about me chosen for captain,
    What I'm thinking about it
    I will tell you later
    in SHOWROOM in the short future"
    (cr: okadananafans)

Anyway, right now I think she is still officially designated as STU captain. It just that she candidly response on yesterday showroom that she want to decline it because of the reason stated in that showroom. She will talk about it in her showroom in the near future about this STU thing (she said in March, probably because as in my previous post about her schedule, next week will be really busy for her). We will just have to wait and see what the ultimate decision is for Naachan.

One of the cutest moment from yesterday showroom

(link)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  8. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Yuiri was subbing for Haruppi in the Shoot Sign perf in kojimatsuri d2. The nana-yuiri having parallel positions was beautiful AF i hope we can see the yuunaa combi in future senbatsu but even though yuiri is on senbatsu level already i dont think mngmnt will put her in senbatsu unless she participates in ssk. Right now naachan has parallel positions with haruppi and the only thing that comes to my mind is they theyre the short hair combi in senbatsu.

Anyways I hope the kennin thingy with STU wont make her lose momentum (although the reason for naaachan and sasshi being there is to media play STU and naachan) Things are going great for her in AKB so transferring right now would be a bad idea.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

On the contrary, this can only help her gain even more momentum.

She's gonna be everywhere in the next few months, and next to Sasshi. If that isn't great publicity, I don't know what is lol

About the captaincy.
    I understand her position, tbh. She feels it's not right for someone who can only devote half her time to STU to actually lead it, hence why she isn't sure about the appointment.
    On the other hand, the vice-captain will be a STU original, and what's the job of a vice if not to step in when the captain isn't there?

I feel like management wants her to fall in love with STU and eventually transfer.
    Something like Harugon devoting herself to JKT or Sae declining her Team K kennin to do nothing work with SNH.

But they don't know if that will happen, so... a kennin is the only possible solution that can work for everyone (for now).

I think this is going to be great for her.
    If NGT helped Kitarie rank back into senbatsu after two years in UG, STU could help Naachan jump into Kami 7.

10. Matixxx972

Matixxx972 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    This is going to be a good boost, we all know that, i mean, STU just for the concept alone is getting atention, so i'm pretty sure we will be seeing Naachan scale a few positions in the SSK.
    Hope we see them debut any time soon, on my calculations, based on how long they took with NGT, we will be seeing them on the SSK concert, i hope.

11. Rurouni

12. Rurouni

It's probably better to reply it here since I'm only touching the bit about Naachan.

It's Naachan. Naachan. Naachan :p
    Anyway, I also want Naachan to center a song. preferably an A-side. If Renacchi centered an A-side before Naachan, well, I don't really mind it but I do question management about what it takes for Naachan to be chosen as the center other than getting no.1 at SSK.
    Actually, with the STU thing, I wouldn't be surprised if Naachan centering the next single or the single after SSK. Even without STU, her popularity should be enough for her to be chosen as the center. With the STU thing, management would probably want to take this moment and put Naachan at the front and hopefully make people notice STU more. Also we know that in music program, Sasshi will be one of the spoke person from AKB side besides the center and with Naachan and Sasshi speaking together, management probably can use it to slip a bit promotion for STU.
    Before STU, there is no reason for management to push Naachan since she seems to be doing okay without any gori push. Yes, she received a lot of push, from 3 musketeers to Ttmc, but she never actually be the center of those pushes.

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Sorry! I was reading about Hirajima before and Nacchan got in my head lol

Yeah, I think giving her the center (and Sasshi winning the election if she enters) would give STU a great push from the start.

I only feel bad about Kojimako. She was groomed as the next big thing and girl just can't catch a break lol
    Hope she ranks in senbatsu this year though.

14. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Kojimako never quite found a character she was happy with, and that was what broke her compared to Miki or Naachan. But that's just my opinion. I love that girl but she kind of faded to the background between the two brighter lights.

Center does mean something though. As they're saying in the Keyaki single thread, it's exhausting because you go on media, and people will be expecting you to be the spokesperson. At least now there's a captain to help Hirate… but AKB is another story, the singles don't belong to teams, so nobody cares about captains. When Takamina was around it was she and the center. Now it's basically Sasshi and the center, or when Sasshi is the center, Sasshi and Mayuyu, or very rarely Sasshi and Yui.

Naachan's fans are always afraid she can't deal with pressure. We've seen her break before. I prefer to think it won't happen again, that she's stronger and learned how to take care of herself… but we can't shrug it off as being just symbolic, the pressure is pretty real.

I'll have unfortunately to align with the camp that believes she'll never get a center. I don't think it fits her image, as much as she deserves it, and I'm with the group who think she's being groomed for soukantoku.

Nothing against Yui but… Yui-Sasshi and Yui-Mayu never quite gelled the way Takamina-Acchan and Takamina-Yuko did. They know Naachan-Mayu have good enough chemistry, now they're trying Naachan-Sasshi. Maybe they know something we don't about Yokoyama-san's medium-short-term plans.

Edit: eh, that came out pretty trollish :lol: not the intention. No hate intended on Kojimako, Miki, Hirate, Yui, the management, or especially Naachan. (Well, maybe a bit on the management.) I'm just a strong believer on girls playing to her strengths rather than trying all to fit the same mold… diversity is what 48G is all about, after all. I wouldn't want my favourite Sakamichi member (Oda) to center a single (although a coupling maybe) — it just doesn't feel right for her career.

A solo, though… hmm. Yeah, give us a Naachan solo as a coupling. I'll buy that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  15. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Forcing the captain role on her will make it alot easier to slowly make the group grow only and eventually asking for a transfer. Which is obviousty their intention. If she is a senbatsu staple which I think she is, she wont lose being full STU.

16. Rurouni

The one time she breaks is when she have a hard time dealing with her condition combined with SSK pressure. To be honest, I think being a center wouldn't really put a lot of extra pressure on her. Hirate was different since suddenly the spotlight is on her. Hirate was going from nobody to a celebrity thus the pressure is really big. If Hana (HKT) or Asuka (Nogi) can become a center, I don't see why Naachan will succumb to the pressure of being a center. In one of the older interview (I think early 2016) she said that she want to become a center. So yes, she is ready.
    Although an A-side would be great, even a B-side center would be nice.

17. Fernando

Fernando Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Naachan is strong, I can not doubt that. And, yes, for me it is ready to be a center. If Hana and Riripon have been able, why not her?

18. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    It's not about being ready. She's been ready for years. And it's not about whether I think she should get one. Is that I think she won't. Doesn't seem to be the direction management wants to take her.

Like they dangled a center in front of Takamina for literally a decade until she was about to graduate… despite how for all practical purposes RIVER is a Takamina song period.

19. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Maybe they'll give her an A-side double center down the road, but i agree that a solo center seems unlikely. I would like to be wrong tho.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rurouni