1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Reading @Rurouni's post it crossed my mind that a next good move could be getting her into an agency other than AKS. That could give her different job opportunities.
    But STU fills her schedule and many of the recent decisions might have been in order to give her time to launch STU as a full-functioning group. Now that they have a theater, they need to use that to gain momentum. I wonder how she'll balance that with her dedication to AKB the group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

In my opinion, it seems to me that management is trying to let Naachan survive on her own. It's either that they are well aware of her fanbase and will trust her fans push her to the top by themselves or they really just don't care. It reminds me a lot of Sasshi many years back. They kept Sasshi in Senbatsu but there was never really an effort to push her to the front. It wasn't until Sasshi was first for consecutive years that they kept her as a stable front-liner.

3. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    ^ They didn't need to push Sasshi because that was Ohtapro's job, and they did well at that.

4. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I believe her Jabaja center was either because they saw Naachan did really well on her solocon or they simply want to reward her because she was and is one of the top AKB member. They probably already planned at that time that Yuiyui will center the 52nd single but for 51st single it can be anyone. Her kennin might gave her an advantage tho but I'm not sure it was the main reason she was chosen as the center.
    During that time, the press has zero knowledge about the 51st single announcement. There is this one long time AKB reporter that was surprised by the announcement because he didn't know about it (I think he knows that there will be 51st single announcement but he didn't know the center). He was speculating that Naachan was chosen because of her solocon performance (thus it was a sudden decision to make her the center).

As for transferring, I don't think management offered her that. She was offered a kennin and she took it. What management decided on its own was making Naachan took STU captaincy. Of course we will never know whether she was also being offered a transfer or not unless someone is willing to reveal it, but as it is right now they definitely don't want to transfer Naachan to STU. She is the highest ranked AKB member and probably one of the best AKB HS seller. Transferring Naachan to STU right now probably will be a lose - lose situation for AKB and Naachan. It might boost STU popularity for a moment, but Naachan popularity might get reduced (she is not like Sasshi that has support from her agency, thus can maintain her presence in Kanto through various shows) which makes her less effective over time in drawing people to STU.
    Naachan media presence is still weak and management didn't really help her to achieve bigger media presence. Yes, she did appear on DowntownDX, but that was probably because of Jabaja. Hamachanga is a late night show in Kansai if I'm not mistaken. It will be aired in Kanto later, but at a worse time (NTV 2:14 JST). Compare that with Miion who just did a recording for Cream Quiz Miracle 9 (prime time quiz show) and also just did a guest role in a drama (that I believe it has a rating of almost 10%). Basically within the top 6 of SSK, Naachan has the worst media presence. Not even on AKBINGO anymore. I hope they don't skip her for the next lucky girl ranking recording.
    If Naachan has a media presence close enough to Sasshi before she was transferred to HKT, then I don't mind Naachan transferring to STU. As it is right now, transferring is not the right way.

Also remember that it was Naachan that came to the management and asked about what was the option for her and not management suddenly offered kennin or transfer without her request. If it was management plan all along, they would immediately offered it to her. So at that time, management probably didn't have anything planned for her and just happened to have an open space for kennin.
    This is from the documentary that was on STU48 1st single
    https://twitter.com/Okadananafans/status/959340318578454528

I feel that one of the problem (or not) with Naachan (which is probably happily being exploited by AKS) is her dedication to 48G. Naachan is prioritizing 48G work thus might be less enticing for an agency to pick her up and at the same time AKS has this popular girl that seemed okay not having a large media presence thus can be tasked to do various jobs that probably won't be possible with other top members (because clashing with the work from their agency).

I agree with the statement that they are trying to let Naachan survive on her own. But compared to Sasshi, Sasshi was being backed by Ohtapro. Sure, management gave Naachan the center, but the push is not continuous. Compare that with Sasshi continuous media appearance since she entered Ohtapro. It isn't that AKS can't give continuous push, but it is limited to their favorite, like Sakura. Looking at the current trend, their next continuous push will be for Yuiyui. They probably will give Naachan an occasional big push but I'm not really confident about it. Hopefully AKS can prove me wrong :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Harumin87

Harumin87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    What is interesting is that fans from all over the planet thinks the same: Naachan is not being properly backup up by AKS.

I really don’t know why they are doing this... she got the looks, the singing and dancing efforts... why let her be out of all important roles and always giving her small things? Naachan is so humble she accepts everything and never complains.

Give Mion the GM won’t be very smart if mgmt do that.. no one recognizes her as a great leader... Naachan agreed just because she is too humble to compete over that, even ichii place at ssk she only aimed because no one from akb was aiming first...

Also, maybe staff is thinking about her health? Cuz she is really sensitive... but i just want staff to do things properly, give her a center that lasts enough and defys her vocals, maybe double center with Sayanee, how cool would that be!?

And lasts, can anyone send me a link from stu senshuraku konsaato? Naachan said so many great things about that on myounichi akb that i want to see it, but couldn’t find a link. Tks in advance.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. henx

henx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    No more lod vid again from atc cz of one crazy People :(

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

7. S.Awaaf

S.Awaaf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    How does this agency thing work? Do they scout for you or do you go to them? Naachan should have been scouted by now if they are to come to her. Maybe she hasn't gotten a good deal? Or is she too loyal to aks? Honestly I also think she would do better in terms of getting exposure elsewhere..
    I feel like there's something that's keeping her in aks.. surely this should have already crossed her mind don't you think?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  8. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I don't think anyone know exactly, but what we know is that recently there's almost no agency transfer at all.

If my memory serve me right (which I am pretty sure for AKB48, but not sure for sister groups), the recent transfers are, in order:
    • 2012 - Yuihan, Annin, etc.
    • 2014 - Jurina
    • Early 2017 -- yes, we just skipped 3-5 years - Mako
    • Mid 2017 - Rika, Ogiyuka, Miion, Renacchi
    That's it.

Now, I have actually have two (conspiracy-esque) theories on why there's no transfer:
    1. AKS doesn't release them, as top members make much more money, and they need that money to support the group. But that doesn't really explain recent transfers.
    2. Agency simply can't make worthwhile offer. I recently posted this in other thread, but I'll summarise it here. Nishino Miki recently mentioned that when she was in AKB48, she live in 210,000JPY per month apartment and she had been paying it by herself. Japanese spend average of 20-35% on rent, so at minimum Miki should make 600,000JPY per month. That's really high, and I am imagine it's even higher for Naachan. Now, Naachan's main skill is vocal. That... doesn't really make money nowadays.
    Now, the 2nd theory, while could make sense, relies on too much speculation. But it's getting out of topic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    I personally think that what @Rurouni said is true:
    Management was never prepared for Naachan being the most popular girl in AKB but I do think they might be slowly changing their minds.
    I also think we can't blame management to much for not having Naachan upfront as much as her current popularity would warrant. As we were able to see in Naachan's documentary she had a lot of issues with herself and serious doubts about her future. Although it pains me to say it, such a person (from a buisness point of view) is not someone you want to put on as the face of your buisness.
    But mangagement also realized that she IS popular and IS doing her best so when the chance came to let Naachan grow a bit more by making her a kennin to STU they did it and it worked out marvelously.
    (I personally believe that without STU48 Naachan would have graduated)

I think the coming year is when management is going to truly deicide what they are going to do with Naachan, are they going to mold her in the next GM (she did moderate that SSK meeting even though it would be more logical and rolefitting for the GM to do it)? or are they going to make her the face of AKB (as her popularity says she should be)?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. S.Awaaf

S.Awaaf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Oh i see...thank you for the reply.
    About Miki, I never thought they pay well so I was happy when I read that.. but is it also possible this situation could also be specific to her (or some)..? I don't think it goes for everyone.
    But you're right Naachan main skill is vocal.. and it's already been mentioned that the best thing right now would probably be a solo debut

(I think I read somewhere that the GM wasn't there because of a schedule conflict ?)

11. Harumin87

Harumin87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Well.. also Maeda Atsuko had issues... i think that is not the problem here. More likely staff doesn’t want to recognize Naachan being so popular...

Mngmt isn’t prepared this we can see, and I don’t think Naachan is mainly vocal skilled, when she was in Akbingo she was actually becoming very funny, but now it’s being like months she doesn’t go there...

And even before Naachan would do more SR... recently she is doing one per month at maximun... really misses her singing live...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Romeo Juliet play will be broadcasted on TBS :)
    White group will be on August 18th 8:30PM JST (SAT)
    Black group will be on August 19th 8:30PM JST (SUN)
    Naachan is on the white group btw.
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/tbs-ch/item/o2153/
    https://twitter.com/tbschannel/status/1013255899291402241
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She was also in the latest Nemousu episode which basically an extension of that Renacchi episode in Guam. If you remember about that episode, they asked 4 members some question about what Renacchi would say, which Naachan ended up winning it just by being correct (iirc) 1 time. In the latest episode, they are showing the other question that wasn't aired in that episode which basically nobody can give the correct answer. Also a failed neoki dokkiri attempt on Renacchi.

=====
    Not sure what she did yesterday, but she was with Miion on what looked like inside a bus (or some other form of transportation)

Naachan also read a magazine fortune telling section that said there is a good thing on July 10th for Scorpio peeps.

=====
    On STU ship name SR, Naachan favorite ship name was Setouchi Mirai go. During the voting she voted for Setomaru XD
    The winner is STU48go btw :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

About not being picked up by an agency...
    I think she would have been by now. However, the other option no one seems to have considered yet is that maybe Naachan isn't planning on continuing in the entertainment industry after she graduates from AKB. If an agency came to her with a bunch of conditions for post-graduation and work on top of what she's already doing for STU/AKB, maybe she turned them down or told them she wasn't going to be doing entertainment after graduation. She seems very conflicted about being in entertainment despite being a poster child for good behavior and talented execution of skills. I'd imagine she wants to do something else after AKB, though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I thought she wanted to sing?

15. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Yeah, iirc she wanted to be a singer.
    I hope she doesn't end up going through the stage play route... Not that it's bad, it's a job, but so many graduates do small stage plays, it always feels like a "last choice" of a job.
    It's still soon to speculate, though. STU and her ambitions for 48G won't make her graduate soon.

16. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

As much as I want Naachan to continue being in the entertainment industry after her graduation, not very many 48 graduates have had many luck with it, especially singer wise. One and probably the only more popular one is Ricchan but she's an actress right now. I would much rather have Naachan go down the business/office route rather than die away in an environment where she's barely, if at all, surviving.

17. popocake

popocake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    hey hey, dont forget about iwasa misaki, the most accomplished ex-akb singer out there

18. snrahmah9448

snrahmah9448 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    #okadananasoukantoukuforakb4820thanniversary
    produce48 is doing great. jpanese members in it is getting popular and stan by kpop fans and all over the world. lots of kpop fans on twitter also said they want to be a fan of akb48 group but dont know where to start. so i suggested akbingo. there is still a chance that eventhough some members are not in pd48, fans who wants to learn about akb48 from the beginning might hook on those members instead. or if they are unlucky enough got hooked on og member just to know that the og's have all graduated and arent on tv anymore. but hey..one thing for sure, akb48 popularity in general might rise after all. if they found akbingo and majisuka drama i bet thats all it takes for them to stan akb48 and 48group. since now they must have known that its not that our japanese 48girls cant do what the kpop girls can do but its just that our 48girls dont get the kpop training thats all. see? they only start to learn kpop training for few weeks or month they already got at almost same level as the kpop girls standard. some even better. imagine if they have those training since 7years before when they joined akb48....they must have been at whatthefish level already...ohmyyy...so proud of 48girls. now, im just wishing that erii wont give up and show what she can do.
    also, nana didnt watch pd48 which i feel also a lost bcoz atleast she should have known what threat she has got now and maybe learn few things that she didnt get to learn that the other members in pd48 get to learn. plus, if she realise that only more will outshine her (perhaps,bcoz i already see mako and even moe has so many korean fans now.lol) maybe then she will start doing showroom more and finally deliver us her promise showroom collabs. am i rite? she must be really tired huh, could be her health that she never do sr anymore. even mion is doing sr a lot and pretty sure people are liking her diligentness. naachan...oh well. im still waiting for the good news. she havent told that one yet has she?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  19. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

You never know what she might really be thinking though. Even if a lot of the girls say their aspirations will be in entertainment afterward, most of them end up doing something mundane like waitressing, going to college or opening a business. I imagine as AKB members they also feel pressured to say they want to continue in some facet of the entertainment world because AKB is supposed to be a "stepping stone" to a bigger future in entertainment (but everyone knows it doesn't really work that way because the market is over-saturated).

I would support her 100% if she really wants to be a singer post-graduation, but I'm highly doubtful that's the route she'll actually take.

20. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Gonda Natsumi says hi.