1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    You really just don't know when to stop right?

Because it is the last day of the year I will keep it civilised, but I think you are one of the worst people here on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Huah if this scandal never happened & everything going right, I'm very sure that Naachan would be hyping for the new Tokyo Revengers anime that will premiere this Saturday

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Naachan did a photo shoot (+interview) for a car magazine
    edit: video was made private

She looks pretty and relaxed
    [​IMG]

Maybe loosing the pressure of being the 'ace' was ultimately a good thing for her.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Video already posted here ;) (although admittedly I didn't include the magazine interview) (and I've posted a BiliBili version of the video at that link seeing as the YouTube one has now been privated).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  5. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Some rather bad news about ticket sales for Naachan's solo tour :(:
    https://ima.goo.ne.jp/word/231372/

DeepL Translation:

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  6. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    wow didn't thought a second this could be! I thought she would still sell everything out with her true fan base

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Maybe it shows that the sTUnInG aNd bRaVe part of her fanbase was a mirage and her actual fanbase (who spent money) was guys who believed her when she stood up for traditional idol values.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It's a real shame :( I wish the tour were later on, like May or June, cause then I might actually be in Japan. I'd love to go but can't afford to yet :cold:

It would've been better if she just did one solo concert rather than a solo tour. She doesn't even have any solo music. Sayanee and Yukirin have had tours, but they've at least had some solo singles before that. Naachan only has one solo song and it's a b-side. There's been no real promotion for the tour thanks to the scandal and AKB now pretending she doesn't exist.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I also wish the tour was on later as I'll be in Japan in late April and I definitely would have bought a ticket. I wonder if there'll still be a gradcon for her? It looks like the 3 AKB48 spring concerts in Yokohama still haven't sold out as a 4th round of ticket applications for them is currently in progress and maybe management have become wary of doing some sort of major event for her?

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Why i am not even surprised.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 8
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    And her official SMS services such as Mobame, 755 and Showroom will also terminate that day so her Theater performance should be her final activity as a member.

EDIT: There will be a Gradcon but one organised by her Avex agency rather than by AKB management:
    https://okada-nana.com/news/detail.php?id=1105797

It'll be on 4/1 at Kanagawa Kennin Hall in Yokohama with the title of 'Okada Nana Congratulation concert~Thanks infinite~'.

(I've just realised that'll be on the same day and time as Nako's Gradcon which is also in Yokohama at Pacifico, just two stops away on the subway...)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 5
  13. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Sure the scandal have influenced this, but I don't think she would've sold out the tour regardless of that. Remember the AKBINGO! concert last year? It was held on Pia Arena MM, with half capacity due to Covid-19 (5,000 people) with most AKB members participating (and surely all the popular ones) and they still couldn't fill the venue. There were many empty seats, even the allowed ones. The scandal may have affected her tour, but the outcome wouldn't be so different if it didn't happen and one of the days sold out actually.

See, this is not an Okada Nana problem, that's an AKB problem. Sure they sold out Budokan... only one of three days... and with limited capacity as well. And they still haven't sold out any of the 3 days of their upcoming Spring Concert in Pia Arena MM again... What people were expecting of a solo tour by a member of that AKB? Even if it's only 1,000 people capacity, the whole group couldn't fill Pia Arena MM with 5,000 people capacity last year, what to expect of only one member?

Sometimes it seems AKB fans still think AKB is the same as in 2012. Back then a member's solo single would easily sell more than 500,000 copies, but now even AKB as a group is struggling to maintain these numbers. It's not the same as it was.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    @gvstavvss ... No. Sorry but no. We're not in 2020 or 2021. Concerts and idol events are full of fans, football matches sold out, no one is scared of COVID anymore, the restrictions aren't the same, even travel restrictions were eased. They don't use masks in shows with people from outside. I didn't even know the venue was so small, that's just a bit better than Cho Kurena's level. Not that long ago any decent member could fill TDC (Okada included) and now one of the most popular idols BY FAR can't fill a 1,000 seat venue in 2022?

And what AKB member sold 500k copies of her solo single? What are you talking about? The most Maeda Atsuko achieved was around 170k, Mayuyu 123k, Yukirin 104k. If an AKB member sold 500k copies she would be a institution!

• Agree x 7
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  15. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Yes. Sorry but yes. We're not in 2020 or 2021, and the AKBINGO! concert was in 2022. Still couldn't sell out 5,000 seats. Football is still popular, AKB is not. The restrictions sure aren't the same, but shouting is still not allowed on venues in 2023. Okada one of the most popular idols BY FAR? Are you living in 2017? She (and any other AKB member in 2023) can't even compare to the most flop Nogizaka member in 2023 lol. You're probably referring to the 2020 solo concerts when citing TDC. Yes, it's early 2020. AKB is still selling 1kk in a day. Now see where the group is in 2023. The sales are ever decreasing, they keep adding members but the sales will not increase. Yes, the pandemic hit idol groups hard, but Nogizaka's sales are already increasing again and their last single just hit more than 800k copies sold, with WAY less members than AKB, and popular members who don't even take part in online meet & greet sessions/handshake events. And AKB? Still decreasing. It's totally possible to accept that AKB is not popular in any way in 2023.

You're right, I got my numbers totally wrong. I'm sorry. But still, Acchan actually sold more than 200k with her first single. Still doesn't make current AKB situation look better.

EDIT: Just to make things clear, I said on my previous comment that the scandal surely affected her tour sales. It would be foolish to think otherwise. It would also be foolish to believe she would have sold out the tour even if the scandal didn't happen. She wouldn't. It would be better if it wasn't a tour.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    How long ago was that?

Anyway. Back to another topic,
    the maximum capacity of
    Kanagawa Kennin Hall (her grad con) is 2493 people

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    We're not in 2022 either! Japan isn't like the rest of the world, they still had restrictions in 2022 when most of the Western world was already living like in pre-2020.

No, AKB isn't popular anymore. But it still has thousands and thousands of fans. What, you think there's no more than 5k nowadays?

It isn't, and that didn't stop idol festivals of being packed and some people jumping during songs.

In AKB! A huge percentage of AKB fans liked her. That's more than 1,000.

I wish.

Yes, when AKB still had HANDSHAKE EVENTS! How many copies do you think the next AKB single with real handshakes will sell?

Yes, and what's that got to do with Okada Nana not being able to fill a venue of 1,000 seats?

EDIT: Like I said in Yuiyui's thread, do I have to remind you that Yukirin fell from 2nd to 5th in the Sousenkyo and lost 76k votes? All of that just because of two photos, nothing more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

AKB is that situation. Okada Nana is an AKB member.

Not much more than 500,000 copies for sure. Or do you really think they'll go back to selling 1 million copies per single?

19. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    (1) Like her,
    (2) Like her enough to wanting to buy her things,
    (3) Like her and is able to/is willing to splurge consistent huge amount of money into her
    Are three different things.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That was three years ago (we have 2023 now)... also, do we actually have a list of those 2020 concerts being sold out at TDC? Sales have steadily declined since then, even after the COVID wave. AKB has been losing fans continuously

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1