1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Onyanko Club

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by B-DASH, Jul 15, 2009.

1. B-DASH

B-DASH Kenkyuusei

Well, I couldn't find a thread about them : D and I decided to create one.

[​IMG]

Is well known that Onyanko Club was the Idol group Akimoto Yasushi created back on the 80s. They were active from 1985 until 1987, only 3 years, however they really settled down the massive Idol group concept and gave birth to a lot of famous solo and unit Idol groups.

You can find more about them on Idollica, Wikipedia and YouTube nowadays, and even most of their discography uploaded somewhere.

As other Idol groups, they had their own TV program, "Yuuyake Nyan Nyan" and each member had her Kaiin Bango or club number, their own units and groups, and famous songs.

Well, talking about me, I knew Onyanko before AKB48, and I think they're very similar in some aspects. My favourite members are Minayo Watanabe, Iwai Yukiko/Yuuyu and Takai Mamiko (AkiP's wife!). Sometimes Acchan's voice reminds me of Yuuyu's.

Is there any Onyanko fan out there : D?

2. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

ONYANKO CLUB <3
    I also new them even before I got into AKB48 and still now I think it's the best girl group Japan has ever had. I've always loved Yuuyu, she's so cute and her voice is really adorable~ (I especially like her song Tenshi no Bodyguard) Everybody should listen to their Kick Off! album at least once, it's pure awesomeness.

3. kakalich

kakalich Kenkyuusei

MMEEE!!

but I found them after AKB
    and my fav is #16 Takai Mamiko (a.k.a Aki-P's wife), too :hehe:

4. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    I'm sort of a fan of Onyanko Club. I came across some of Kawai Sonoko's solo stuff ages ago and loved it but didn't actually find out she was a former member of that group until sometime later and I got into them through that.

Kawai Sonoko is obviously my favourite member and Sailor Fuku wo Nugasanaide is my favourite track.

5. Makaveli

Makaveli Kenkyuusei

crying out love in the center of the world
    I'm also OC fan here. I love their songs so much! They are legendary idol group!

Even Tsuku, the founder and producer of MM and H!P was a fan of OC.

The song, "Jaa Ne(grad song)" would be my all time OC favorite song. Love it so much!!! This song is just way too awesome <3

I have their whole discography, but haven't had a chance to listen to all of them. :(

My favorite members would be Mamiko and Yuuyu. I too, love Yuuyu's voice so much in Tenshi no Bodyguard <3

---------------------------------

From what I've heard, Mamiko gave a birth to a daughter in 2001. I wonder if once she has grown up, would Aki-P make his daughter an idol and put her into AKB48 ?? :D

6. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I don't know if he would put her in AKB, but I think I remember someone mentioning that his kid(s) watched one of the shows a while back.

7. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

I have seen their last Stage at Saitama, it was a good concert.
    I like Yuuyu's song Tsuite Ikenai ~Ganbare Boyfriend~ <3

8. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

#38 shizuka kudo kimutaku(smap)'s wife

9. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    I'm putting this out there, I have been looking for episodes of yuuyake nyan nyan. I only found a few but if you have some can you please contact me. :) really want to see more

10. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

even if I saw just a little this group always interest me but it's hard browsing in Yt and of course quality is bad
    Btw I remember this super famous

if the video does not show watch the video here

and somebody remeber this akb48 covering-perf too? (acchan rules! eh eh) [hehe]

MM covering this too

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  11. ChocolateMochii

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    That is their debut song "Sailor Fuku wo Nugasanaide" (Don't take off my sailor uniform). The quality isn't that bad, modern days people are spoiled with HD.

My favorite single is "otto Chikan!
    "
    Main Vocals #28 Yokota Mutsumi , #18 Nagata Ruriko, #17 Jounouchi Sanae, #13 Utsumi Kazuko, #11 Fukunaga Satomi

Other favorites: Koi no College Ring, Umbrella Angle, Hitomi no Tobira, Onyanko Clun Abuna~i Torimonochou

Onyanko Is honestly my favorite, In a short time they accomplished so much. The members were so lovable and diverse. I just want to watch more of their show, if i ever find it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  12. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Yes! Those covers were great :cool:

13. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

@ChocolateMochii thanks for the link! The 80's idols are very good IMO (these days I play all over Valentine kiss - both Sayuri Kokusho/Watarirouka :).

watching this I think "word was so different (maybe it was 85/86), but idols was already so ahead :banana:

Eng Wikipedia unluckily is not so useful for know more about their evolution
    edit: re-read well the first post! :) Idollica is better found also this
    http://theonyankoclub.weebly.com/onyanko-club-history.html

@shogun you're welcome!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  14. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

If talking 80, that time was "disko" music´s gold time ( Synth disko)? Some says that this time was last time "truth" music?

15. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

I think 80's Lyrics sure are awesome and less politically correct than nowdays, and also a lot of 80's melodies are very good and average better, of course the "arrangements" are affectedd by the passage of time! (A lot of water under the bridg LOL :lol:)

16. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    80s everything was awesome, IMHO :D

17. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Maybe :/

18. ChocolateMochii

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    unfortunately many English sites re-hash the same info over and over and some even have false information. The generasia profile for Ruriruri has a photo of Yuyu :lol:, But the other sad truth is majority of the Japanese fan sites have been closed down because some of them had clips of Yuuyake Nyan nyan on them. with all the new copyright its hard to find clips now. I don't think there will ever be a full DVD release, I think its Ruri's revenge on management:lol: it sucks but at the same time, i think good for her

A little side note, many people get confused thinking AK-P was the sole mastermind of the group and think he had full say on everything like 48 group. The truth is he was not. He just wrote the music and on top of that there not a mother(or old sister) group to 48. They are more related to Idoling!!!. Fuji Tv owns Onyanko Club, they created for the sole purpose of being Fuji' tv idol group(like Idoling!!!) Fuji made the decision to cancel their show Yuuyake Nyan Nyan. because on contract issues it was impossible to carry on Onyanko Club without Fuji. The Contracts for Ushirogami Hikaratai had some exceptions which made them able to carry on a while after onyanko's disbandment. Sales were a little lower then usual around the time but the decision to cancel them was based on their tv ratings which dropped after the 5th graduating group. I guess they didn't have much faith in the remaining members who were still gaining popularity at the time(It's like deja vu now with idoling!!!)

An original performance of Valentine Kiss (Mako was absent in this performance so Rika subbing in sub vocals) It's considered Sayuri's debut solo single but it is more of an Onyanko Song.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  19. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

^ Sad. Some thinks is lost...
    generasia? Oh my Vejita...

20. ChocolateMochii

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    I found another inaccuracy on many sites, Saying that #34 Yumioka Mami, #35 Okamoto Takako, #39 Takabatake Maki graduated before the release of "Koi no question" but they graduated a month after the release. They also participated in promoting the single, I'm sure you can find a video with them performing the song as well