1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ozono Momoko / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kanjo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

I wanted to make a post on here since Stage is a great resource that we could read through and see people's opinions on years-old threads! (Maybe I'm just feeling sentimental and bored thanks to the quarantine haha)

Momoko's been my Nogi oshi since Nigemizu (I can't believe this is my first time posting on this thread haha) and I've really loved to see her growth since then! She radiates such a warm and pleasant aura when she smiles while I felt that her smile in the beginning of her career was more of nervousness. In the Mainichi no Brand New Day video she just shone so bright! (And judging by the Youtube comments on the video mostly being about Momoko, I think most people agreed!)

She gives that classic showa idol feel that you don't really see in 48G nowadays... She's truly a gem in Nogi and I hope to see Momoko as center once again!

(I also went to Momoko's handshake lane back in January 2018 and I want to see her again soon <3<3<3 )

• Like Like x 14
  2. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

i cant understand Japanese so i dont know cmt from Mainichi no Brand New Day mentioned Momoko a lot, but now i know it and i feel so happy ❤️

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I hope management can see her true potential and make her center again or at least give her more jobs. She herself don't seem like an ambitious type, but that's alright too... she shines in her own way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

yes, i agree. now her job are just radio, photoshoot for 1-2 mag/month (with same style every photoshoot). I hope at least she can change her image with another mag like Brody,.. (not only BLT and ExTaishu lol)
    And on twitter, Momoko's fan tweet about when Momoko have 1st ptb everyday lol =))))))))

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    She did it with UmeMayo on With Magazine

095-2.jpg

6. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Yes! I was really pleasantly surprised when I saw it too!

Here's just from the top 5 comments on Youtube (the comments have changed a bit since the video has been posted.. but it's still all about Momoko haha):
    1. [in reference to the blog that @Fab-Nogi46 translated on the last page] The Momoko who took the initiative and dedicated a long message about a difficult situation in order to call to attention the current situation. I really thank you. I hope Momoko's voice could reach a lot of people. It was not something that just anyone could do. [115 likes]
    2. There may be girls who are girls who are cuter than Momo-chan, but her overflowing smile... or how should I put it, the cute natural expressions that could only belong to Momoko. [181 likes]
    3. When I read Momo-chan's blog and when I see her expressions, she gives off the charm that makes me want to protect her smile.
      I am a woman but I want to protect her
      I want you to keep laughing and smiling. [156 likes]
    4. Momoko's smiles while dancing at 1:07 and 2:15 are the best.
      I could see that this is the genuine Momoko and it makes me smile as well. [96 likes]
    5. When Momoko joined 3ki, there was a lot of criticism toward her and it scared me to look at the comments. But the comments praising her have increased and I'm really glad :blush: [116 likes]

So yes... all the top comments are about our Peach Kid <3 The top 25 or so comments that I went through are all mostly talking about her (with 2 or 3 mentioning Kubo-chan as well). Seeing the comments about her blog was nice as well, it seems like her words are reaching fans!

Here's my screenshot if anyone wants to see for themselves:
    Brand new day comments.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    well, her growth is tremendous. her kind and warm personality also helps nogi fans to warming up to her again. wonder if maangement gonna mega push her again to catch up with yoda and mizuki.

• Like Like x 1
  8. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

i think NO. Mizuki and Yoda have little bit same image and that make they suited with many fashion or makeup mag but Momoko's image is different.
    And now, Nogizaka have gen 4 too so i dont think management push Momoko again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Her growth and Character Development is the best among her peers.
    Compared to her peers , Momoko started out from plain , Her peers have showbiz and entertainment exp ( Mizuki is in a Talent agency that trained her in acting and singing before Nogi , Riria is a magazine model for children apparrel )

When it comes push , I think it will come to her if mgt wants to but it still depends on her Motivation.
    I just want Momoko to have opportunities to explore and that will be established with Perma Fukujin position.

Momoko implied that She's more Independent now than before . During her hiatus , she accomplished some things like getting her Driver License and Learning the guitar .

I also notice that Momoko is more at ease with a lot of 1st gen .

• Like Like x 3
  10. air_guchi

air_guchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    I've always strongly felt that Momoko is a throwback to the original image of Nogizaka: classy, elegant and well-mannered. While the new, more seductive, style of Mizuki and Yoda have brought them out front and center, Momoko's image is actually the one that conveys "Nogizaka46" more accurately. And I think that's something that is necessary if this group wants to maintain their self-identity when compared to other idol groups.

Although I understand that sex-appeal sells, it is a product that can be found in other idol groups. Nogizaka46, to me, has always been about grace, elegance and class. The girls are talented yet humble. Professional yet easy-going. Competitive yet friendly (it perfectly reflects the personality traits of their aces, past and present). And I believe that no matter how this group evolves, Ozono Momoko will be the girl that fans can always look to in the future to remind themselves "Ah that's right... this is Nogizaka."

I know that once all the 1st gen girls graduate from the group, I'm going to be thankful that a girl like Momoko is still there. Whether she gets a push from management or not, her presence alone is a huge support to uphold the original Nogizaka image. Just my thoughts anyways.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

Don't take this the wrong way cause I love Momo but Momo def gets pushed. Just because you're not made center of a group doesn't mean you're not getting a push. She is still one of the top members of not only her generation but of the whole group. She gets an incredible amount of magazine work, has a regular radio show, gets called upon for solo outside TV work on at a decent frequency and has made 6 out of 8 of the last single senbatsu's. There are plenty of other girls who would love to have even a 1/4 of the amount of the push that Momo gets. Whens the last time anyone's seen Yoshida Ayano Christie or Nakumura Reno in a magazine or on TV, they have trouble even getting called to appear on Kojichu or other Nogi based shows.

Just saying, been browsing through all these threads I follow and am constantly seeing people complaining about super popular members "not getting pushed" cause they haven't been made center in a while or haven't obtained a photobook yet.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I feel like each gen has at least two or three members who are destined to just always remain in the background - Christie, Reno - whom I keep forgetting even EXISTS, that's how little she's been pushed - and already you could say Yakubo from 4th gen. Hell, MOST of 2nd gen were relegated to being Under Girls from pretty much day one. And yeah, still hate how 2nd gen were treated but management definitely learned from the mistakes made if you look at how much more exposure 3rd and 4th were given from the get-go.

13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    That's not what we are saying though. I'm not "complaining" that she doesn't get the push, of course she WAS and she IS being pushed, especially when you compare with those members you named.
    But as a fan, it's just natural that I'm hoping she will get more push because I wish to see more of her.
    Of course it's best if the push is proportionate with her popularity, otherwise it will just be backfired.
    These days there seems to be signs that people are favoring her more as she comes out of her shell more and more, that's why I'm hoping that it translates to more push from management.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I like Momoko's current situation right now. She was never completely forgotten. With more girls coming in, now wouldn't be the ideal time to have that extra push. I feel if there's anyone who will get a big push it will still be (obviously) from 4th gen. It could still be more of Sakura, maybe it's Kaki's turn or one of the new girls. I understand the sentiment, I feel the same for other members. Btw, I'm one of those who want to see Ozono center solo one day but not too soon. Being part of Senbatsu even if it's just 3rd row is already a big thing if you think about it and Momoko has a secured Senbatsu position. She's doing great as mentioned above with enough outside work to keep her busy. She's in the best position possible within the whole group.

15. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

IMG_20200420_015247.jpg
    Momoko laughing in latest Kojichuu
    It seems that their seating is arranged alphabetically by Generation

IMG_20200420_015746.jpg

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Throwback 2017 TIF

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  16. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

some old pictures from Momoko's blog yesterday:
    4DD65F03-E18A-4366-945C-068F422F4A85.jpeg 690EFD87-7461-428F-B069-D91CB165AD88.jpeg 99EC5DFD-82F8-4331-BCED-1F6BEE106890.jpeg
    wow, these day, Momoko update blog regularly, not 1 blog/ 2 month like before, wow im so happy.

From Shiori's blog:
    E6C471D6-1A3D-4663-83EB-23A38BFB7475.jpeg 4DC3A0A8-29F3-4205-8463-2B6E86399D3E.jpeg

Beautiful pictures from ExTaishu:
    828BE67C-56A7-4917-ACC4-D023C82BD701.jpeg C6B40520-532A-4EEC-B7D8-559A3D731FDE.jpeg 08EB07B9-3703-4A89-854F-C68A9100CCCB.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

FB_IMG_1587472384246.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587472388017.jpg FB_IMG_1587472390839.jpg
    Some unpublished photos from ExTaishu Magazine
    IMG_20200421_214138.jpg
    Momoko playing Jenga with Mizuki and Minamin
    IMG_20200421_215334.jpg IMG_20200421_215418.jpg

if the video does not show watch the video here

Attached Files: