[PB] Sayanee and Milky Solo Photobooks/Battle! (2012/11/21)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ithebigc, Oct 19, 2012.

1. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Re: [PB] Sayanee and Milky Solo Photobooks/Battle! (2012/11/

that after sex photoshoot sounds horrible. lol.

as for the most beautiful breasts, i thought it was "breasts i want to have (for myself)" in a girls magazine.

i don't agree with this at all, mostly because i think japan is completely backwards when it comes to female equality. but that is another discussion entirely and outside of the realm of this thread and perhaps this forum.

however, i have to say that one reason i don't buy gravure stuff is because i want to prevent attitudes like that.

there is the definite possibly that we are misreading the situation, and that sayanee is tearing up because she is proud of milky finding her niche. or that she doesn't like the fact that they have to compete. or that she knows she lost in the sexy battle and that she's a competitor.

but based on past experience it does feel that she's uncomfortable doing gravure or cutesy stuff. i guess she's managed to hide it really well for the past 2 years though... which wouldn't make much sense that it all collapsed on her in this single moment. so yeah. whatever the reason, to me it makes her seem more down-to-earth than milky.

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

I need to see this video for myself lol. That sounds weird that Sayanee of all people would cry because of something like that.

3. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

it's on page 2, haha. the jijipress video.

4. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

When they asked Sayaka if there is picture that embarrasses her, that picture really was embarrassing for her to show, but i don't think it's as bad as some of us are making it seem.

After all PB's are something people are embarrassed yet somewhat proud of.

5. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

Yeah, it's definitely not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. She did cry, but it's not because the photo was a shameless depiction of Sayanee being victimized by the pressures of the entertainment industry. She even stated that she didn't know why tears were coming out, probably out of a combination of slight embarrassment and the impact of Milky's photo.

She later stated that she and the cameraman were just fooling around when he told her to do that.

Embarrassed? Yeah, but not really to the extent that Sayanee would burst into tears when she would show everyone. They probably wouldn't put it in if it were that bad. She's a pretty innocent girl like you said, despite all of her sex jokes, and she's not as forward as Milky is.

6. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

It's always the controversy that brings out the most people here on stage48 :D I really enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and opinions on here.

I didn't think too deeply about those photos when they were first posted. I mean, I said they were pushing borders, but beyond that, definitely didn't think much of it to the extent that you all have been talking. So after reading everyone's comments on here, I wonder when I've become some jaded?

Anyone that's read the threads about photobooks, especially when I first got into the fandom around 2008 know that I've generally been against the bikini photos that serve no purpose whatsoever in a photobook, except the fact that the photographer/whoever's in charge knows that sex sells. I like photobooks because they should be another glimpse into our favorite girls' worlds, and if done properly should reflect the girls' personalities. Acchan's Bukiyou was a really good example of this. It had a theme, showing Acchan's clumsiness, and as someone who had followed Acchan since I found AKB, I really could see elements of her self reflected in those pages. And then those infamous hand bra shots came out, which had nothing whatsoever to do with the theme. And I highly doubt Acchan just suggested to the photographer, hey, you know what? Let's put a couple of hand bra shots in there. Don't get me wrong, as a straight male, of course I thought the photos were nice, but I'm not in this fandom so I can look at my idols lecherously. They already have enough gravure photoshoots in all the other magazine, I didn't see the point of marring an otherwise beautiful photobook with photos that only meant to sell sex.

But that's probably why I didn't mind Milky's photos as much, even if they're at least as risque as Acchan's, if not more. It's because Milky's personality has always lended itself to something more like this, or at least recently it has. And honestly, Milky is not the type of person that I usually am interested in. If you told me a year ago that I'd be hopelessly enamored by her, I'd have told you you were crazy because I really don't like people that act a certain way only to gain fans. I think each girl's personality should be strong enough to attract people without changing who you are fundamentally. But after watching her more closely through videos, reading her G+ and blog posts, Milky really just seems to act this way naturally. It's her usual cheerful self that I've really grown to love, and her flirtatious manner. I can't imagine her suggesting to whoever was in charge of the photobook that she do some shots like the shower one, but I also don't think she too uncomfortable during them. And that context is important to me, if she was ok with it, then I don't think I should judge her too harshly on this. Knowing Milky, she just thought of this as another form of top-grade fanservice, and didn't think too much about it.

And I really took issue with some of the comments being thrown around here, like "slutty" and "loose." I mean, what? Those are very derogatory, and not something to describe her with. Unless she's sleeping around all the time behind our backs, those adjectives couldn't be more off base. That rumor that someone mentioned about meeting guys at 7 Eleven was unsubstantiated too, I don't think it was ever really confirmed that they were trying to drag Milky in. And I don't even mean officially confirmed, I just mean pics or something. These are simply some sexy pictures here, maybe too sexy, but it's not like it's a nude photobook.

But anyway, back on the subject of whether the idols themselves are ok with it or not, I certainly hope they are. Although it's not something I particularly like or enjoy, I've come to accept that somehow, with idols come bikinis, or in this case, pictures that even push the boundaries. I wish this wasn't the case, but it was, and it's just the commonly accepted norm in Japan now and I'd be surprised if it ever changes. I remember when NMB48 first debuted, Sayanee, Milky and Nana had their first bikini photoshoot at the beach and they were talking about how embarrassing it was, but now they've come to accept it, for better or worse.

There are exceptions like Nogizaka46 which just doesn't deal with those types of shoots, which is I really wish more would follow the example of, but as of now, gravure is quite welcome. Hell, Weekly Playboy is a whole lot more mainstream than its counterparts in other countries I'm sure. But in the midst of this, even if it is the norm, I really really hope the idols have a final say in what goes in or not in their own photobook, and it's not all a scheme cooked up by some jerk to earn more money. They should have their own say on what they're comfortable with, and if it exceeds that, have the right to respectfully decline. Japanese business politics can be complicated, and maybe it's even unheard of to decline a job, but if the girls aren't brave enough to do it, then I hope their manager or whoever is paid to take care of them can care about their well-being enough to decline in their place.

And that's all I believe it should really come down to. Do the sexy shoots fit the theme, and are the girls ok with all that goes in there? If either of these questions are no, then I'm of the opinion that it'd be better off to not do them at all. In this specific case, the photos fit with Milky's image, and I certainly hope she was ok with it, especially with that questionable photographer that someone brought up. But in general, these are the criteria I follow when judging a photobook.

After all, I believe that the majority of fans that like NMB and its sister groups do so not because they're pretty and good looking, because there are lots and lots of pretty girls out there in the world, but because to an extent they've really worked at building an emotional connection with all the fans and that's what keeps us hooked. All I care about is the girl herself, and I never wish for her to have to do something she doesn't want to do, just because other people tell her it's the "right" or "accepted" thing and might possibly gain her some perverted fans. Those fans, she can do without.

7. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

well, it very well could be. i get that impression.

or i could be misreading the situation. but i really do get the impression that she'd rather not do it.

but yeah, i've never been a fan of photobooks. i feel like if you're gonna shoot a photobook, it should show off the combined skill of the model and the photographer. tbh i think the milky shot of her in the shower is an interesting shot. but other shots in that book make it seem more voyeur-esque. off the top of my head i'm thinking of the upskirt in the pool and the shot of her at the bathroom sink, but a lot of them seemed to give off that vibe.

fwiw, i got the same feeling with the panty shot on the back cover of sayaka's book, and the bent over picture.

i don't even know what i'm trying to say anymore, lol. i'll just stick to my variety shows. :D

8. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung

About Sayanee's PB, I don't know. I think she did consent in having all those shots in but I wonder if she regretted it a lot later. I feel bad for her but there's nothing she can do but just not have such shots again in a photo shoot. Either way, I'm not used to seeing her so shaken like that or even awkwardly crying. I like Sayanee being crazy and cheery as she always is. And being happy with whatever she's doing. Whatever happens though, I support her. Definitely. :)

Awwws that's good. But I'm curious...Cold? How so?
    It's funny cause in her earlier blog entries...this one:
    http://blog48.livejournal.com/717413.html
    She gets the first impression of being scary, unapproachable etc. lol. but yeahh she really isn't like that. You should see all the Google plus videos of her derping about and fooling about. You really won't find her cold at all.

This may be coming from a biased point of view, but too last year in december, I got to go for Team N's live in Singapore and have a short handshake with the girls after the live. Sayanee's my oshi, so you know I was actually afraid that she might be cold since she did say she can be a little shy around strangers. But I was pleasantly surprised!! She may not be one to talk a lot when you meet her but she's very very attentive, and she was very warm in that way. She just was really eager and smiled and nodded attentively when you talked to her, and I still remember it until today cause having all that attention from her even for such a short while, it made me feel really good and appreciated, and it all felt worth it going to another country to see her and NMB. lol.

9. milkyuko

milkyuko Kenkyuusei

since i don't understand much japanese. i thought sayanee was embarassed because Milky's pose is very sexy when her's is very sayaka.. just a girl goofing around. but if that is the case then i feel bad for her. why management dont let her choose the pictures she wants to be included. it made her uncomfortable. poor girl. besides, the management should realize that sayanee is sexy and alluring without doing this things. she's NMB48 ace for goodness sake.
    on Milky's issue on the other hand.. this is the girl who sing about man's muscle on her solo. this is the courageous, though sometimes she seems calculated girl who announced that she wanted to be the japan's number one idol. so i guess as Milky oshi i'm not shock or anything. is it so bad to be different?? or to be more daring?? she wants to take risk. as long as its not about another useless scandals. im all for it..

10. writerserenyty

writerserenyty Kenkyuusei

Looks like Milky is the big winner, with 29800 copies over Sayanee's 27622.

Source: http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2012/11/29/004/

11. lazyedt

lazyedt Kenkyuusei

DAMN IT @%@^#%(($^(#$)%*&#)%(%*#%^*#$%*#^)*#)$%$%

DAMN HER FISHING SKILLS! [boom]

12. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana

that was kind of expected, but nonetheless, congrats Milky!
    wotas be proud :hehe:
    [​IMG]

13. Angelii

Angelii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kishinorika

It's kind of surprising as it seemed Milky was losing a lot on individual websites charts, except hmv. I guess she must have got a lot of sales from there then.
    Awesome as it was so close, I wonder what the competition next time they decide to do one will be :hehe:

14. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez

Congratz, Milky!! I'm so happy she win over sayaka..

Actually I did not expect milky to win this battle..but, I was wrong..LOL..

So, milky will get her 2nd solo CM..

YAY!!

15. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Even though I have a slight preference for Sayanee over Milky, Milky def had the better photobook. More variety and she seemed a lot more comfortable with it. From a neutral observer, Milky def wins this round.

I just got into some NMB48 recently but can someone explain in detail what is Milky's fishing? Kinda like flirting?

16. exists

exists Kenkyuusei

Congrats Milky. I do like her PB better than Sayaka's eventhough I personally like Sayaka better. So I'm happy with the result. :)

Does anyone know what CM will she get?

17. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez

Yup..you can say that "fishing" is kinda like flirting..

I think Milky will get solo cm for a food product (Sushiro?)..correct me if I'm wrong..

18. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Oh wow poor Sayanee....she actually teared up......:(

Those pics are for ANAN, a woman magazine so w/e but she was elected for her boobs too?
    ..wow kay~ :|
    She does have nice body tho.

19. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

fishing is like flirting. or like, real-life fanservice.

lots of people were surprised because sayaka seemed to be winning at major outlets like amazon, etc... but then again people were already disappointed because the competition is a sales tactic similar to the election.

sushiro, is a chain of conveyor belt sushi restaurants in japan. nmb already has advertising deals in place with them:

http://www.nmb48-sushiro.com/

20. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand

Dang, congratulations Milky. I haven't seen her photobook, but it must have been superb if she managed to beat Sayanee.