Perfume

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by Datalanche, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

How could there not be a thread for the infinitely AWESOME group Perfume? I totally love these girls and their music. Nocchi is like the cutest ever! <3

I personally listen to Electro World the most. It's just such an energic tune, but Computer City is also awesome. Chocolate Disco is also good, even though it's a bit repeditive. Also, their first concert DVD was fun to see, but it looked like they lip synced pretty much everything, unless they can sound exactly like the CD. :lol:

2. wakaba_doll

wakaba_doll Kenkyuusei

Chocolate Disco ftw <3 That whole single was love

3. Aiko

Aiko Kenkyuusei

I think I've said it before, but I love when idols express dislike for the songs they have to sing. XD Complaining about the lyrics to Linear Motor Girl and how they make no sense = love. <3

Also Perfume are huge win anyway. <3

4. Erena

Erena Kenkyuusei

xD that's the song I frist heard from them and loved! <3

5. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

I like some of their songs :)
    But I can't listen to them too much at the time.. the techno'ish sound gets a little annoying.
    But yes, they have nice songs.

6. Rina the Robot

Rina the Robot Kenkyuusei

I love Perfume! Great thread for my favorite japanese group :D

7. kaito

kaito Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Computer city <3
    Electro world <3
    Chocolate Disco <3

Love these girls, although those are the only songs I've liked so far, the rest are extremely mediocre and samey, but those top 3 [espeically top 2], I could NEVER get sick of.

8. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

While I've never been a huge fan of their PV's, but I do love their album :) Certainly there's a huge similarity between most of the songs, but in a sense, that's why they work. I can stick on some headhpones and listen to the entire album, and it's really like nothing else! Love it.

Certainly it's a style you get can overload from though!

9. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Speak for yourself! ;) I guess some of their older stuff can get tiring, but Computer City, Electro World, and Chocolate Disco I could listen to over and over again.

Over at Perfume City there are some samples of their upcoming single, Polyrhythm. Sounds like a nice song, I'll probably preorder it soon! :)

10. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

By overload I mean it sorta drills itself into your head so it's all your still hearing afterwards :p Or maybe I have the volume up to high...

Anyway I'll have to check out Polyrhythm, I did wonder where they disappeared to!

11. Twintails

Twintails Kenkyuusei

I seriously thought I'd hallucinated the Perfume thread awhile back, because I've been looking for it and couldn't find it. XD Haha. Here it is!

Anyway, I've only heard their music very recently, but I'm addicted... Probably going to be preordering Polyrhythm. It sounds great.

12. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

I usually listen to all their songs in one straight shot. Fun music but for some reason I can only take a certain amount of it :roll:

13. kanna

kanna Kenkyuusei

Nakata was a genius when he came up with Perfume, seriously. :D I totally love their stuff since reminds me of capsule yet it's so different... so so different.

The thing is, Perfume is so different from many idol groups. If any idol group fits the definition of musically and visually hip, it would have to be Perfume, hands down. (AKB48 have a different appeal, you can't put them in the same league so I have no problem saying that. ;))

14. MiniMoniHime

MiniMoniHime Kenkyuusei

omg!! i love Perfume! they're awesome! i can't wait for their new single~! my fav sings by them are: Electro World, Perfect Star Perfect Style, Chocolate Disco, Akihabalove (hehe), and Twinkle Snow Powdery Snow ^o^

15. Rina the Robot

Rina the Robot Kenkyuusei

Polyrhythm is going to be so great! I'm addicted to the preview

16. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Agreed! I've already preordered it, and even though it's not out until September and was just put up for order recently, the first press was already sold out. Sucks for me, but yay that so many people are interested! It's about time for this group to get some more well deserved attention. :D

17. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^wow already sold out?! (what site?) Just since Yesasia and Play-asia both still have the limited edition.
    Didn't know they were that popular ;)

18. kaito

kaito Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Where can I hear the new song?! I want to heeear!

19. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

20. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Breakdancing bushes that recycle... Interesting video :lol: