1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by rka, Jul 11, 2017.

?

Should AKB48 productions include sister group members?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. I don't care.

4. I have a different opinion (please share).

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
  2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@rka first million was Beginner :p

I say the same as before.
    SG girls help to sales, they should have senbatsu representation, but no more than 1 per group.
    It's an AKB single anyway, the b-sides should go to them. Be it team songs or random units, but they should be the priority before adding other girls.

• Like Like x 1
  3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    YES! AKB members weak! They can't sell 1mln, they can't sell 500k, I'm not sure that they will be able to sell even 300k

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

he's not incorrect in what he said, he said every single since Sakura no Ki ni Naru was a million seller.

Perhaps SG members should get places in proportion to the HS sales they bring in, thus 2 to 3 members per sister group per senbatsu would appear to be fair.

To which SG members are forced to do handshakes for. Thus they should be equally represented at AKB singles.

Perhaps AKB members should be forced to do handshakes for sister groups instead of having their weekends free to do outside work/theater shows.

5. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I want to choose all of the option.

Yes because I want to see my 48SG favs in AKB48 releases partly because I can see more of them and AKB48 releases get more publicity. Also, the argument where the 48SG have to do HS for AKB48 releases.

No because I want to see more AKB48 members. I want to see more AKB48 youngins. I want them to develop. If that means that their sale plummet so sharply downwards, that will shock the members and reality that they aren't great on their own will hit them, thus making it their drive, their push to develop more and more. It is more exciting that way than playing it safe and keeping the million streak.

I don't care because... I don't care that much.

6. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    some time ago I proposed to separate handshake events from singles! not only for 48, for all48&46! because they seem to steal sales from each other. I knew some people who don't like any nogi songs, but kami-oshi one of them is Ikuta! And some one really love at least 90% of keya songs, but this man don't interested any keyaki members really! For example you can buy new Keyaki singles and will go to winter-HS event, just registrate your HS tickets in the site on that date where will be participate your favorite members from... NGT. all HS events may have different style: Team HS, Group, Shuffle-unit HS from all 46&48 groups etc. but AKB singles always have some interesting bonus: tickets, vote, RH, special festival etc! NO KENIN rule, and more separate from each other. BUT AKB sembatsu would be special place for TOP members! AND mngmnt must create new groups, or just release (but not like AKB48 single) for Team8 and original AKB48 members.

7. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I want to choose keeping the current releases and add an AKB only release once a year. Which answer that I need to choose for that?

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Perhaps the sister groups should be sold to their respective record companies with the 48-name and concept licensed to them. Then they could put in their own creative teams and forge their own paths.

9. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Seeing it as a business, AKB would be the parent company and the sister groups the subsidiaries. So they contribute for the success (or failure) of the parent group and it would be normal that people from the subsidiaries work with/in the parent company.

I guess they could release one 'pure' AKB single by year but I don't see them without sister groups members anymore.

10. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I chose no because I really really want AKB to have their own singles + sister group members don't have to participate in their HS stuffs.
    So no more, main group + sister groups, all of them are equally their own region branches.

11. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I would have the same single schedule as normal.

But also have a single that is just AKB group members.

Since they don't seem to be doing Team Songs anymore you could have Senbatsu + Team A-Team K-Team B-Team 4 versions. Maybe team 8 as well.

12. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    not a fans of sister group so i chose NO
    i want to see every member AKB, not only top member but also regular/theater member participate in AKB single..don't care if it's team song or some unit song

13. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I think separating the groups would be the best option, let them be completely independent except for the SSK-Single and maybe Janken etc. Let AKB become just another SG instead of the central core

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I was all in for SG members before but after the mass Exodus of many AKB members last year, I say nay for SG members this year.

15. jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23 Kenkyuusei

I choose : I have a different opinion . It's between yes and no.

For details :
    1 . In AKB48 periodic singles (except single after Senbatsu Sousenkyo ) . AKB48 A-Side should be NO Sister groups member participate in so does B-side
    2 . After Senbatsu Sousenkyo result is annouced,member from sister groups can be in that single as the annouced ranking. Just like today. NO CHANGES.

So What happen if fans from other sister groups want to buy singles to vote for their idols for the senbatsu sousenkyo? : Before Senbatsu Sousenkyo. ALL of the sister groups must release their single, the time they release the single must be near with the time SSK voting is open . That single will contain SSK vote.

16. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    60% no, 40% yes.

They can still having sister groups with their own b-side, or if they really want to keep them, rotate them and make sure they don't break the balance by outnumbering AKB members.

Sousenkyo it's a celebration where ALL sister groups compete, so its fair to have an All-Star senbatsu there, but it's not fair that AKB has to rotate whose members are going to have a random chance to appear while SG always have locks on the group, despite how they rank. Or well, keep it as usual, but make the effort to try with an AKB-only senbatsu at least once per year (or a double a-side if they are THAT afraid to pull a risky move).

And it's not as simple as 'then you should become popular instead whining' (ex. Megu openly discussing this topic), because most of the AKB48 girls only have the theater to promote themselves and that's a very small scale. And yes, there's SHOWROOM too but we have seen that even if you are doing fairly well, management would rather grab a girl from a SG (and sometimes, not even an established popular one, just the newest push of them) than give a chance to an AKB48 girl.

I'm going to place the rest under Spoiler because my post is ridiculously long, sorry.
    It's not about being a purist, but how do they expect to AKB and the SG make their own impact if they keep mixing them up together? I mean, AKB doesn't have any strong new faces anymore and the most popular members without openly talking about graduation are Sasshi and Sayanee (both from sister groups), and once Mayu graduates, AKB will only have Yukirin and giving her age, she may leave sooner or later.

I mean, Team A's current ace, at least in promo material, is a member from a SG with a kennin (don't take me wrong, I love Sakura, but if they are going to promote her as the new generation face and having her in the front for two groups, why don't make the transfer already?) Same that happened with Jurina back then, but I don't think it's plausible to transfer her now because 1. Her image is worn out already (at least, to be promoted as a 'fresh' material and 2. Because SKE is barely surviving nowadays.

And no, it's not that the current girls doesn't have the willingness to fight like the previous members, but if we take things from the first three SSK, there weren't as many girls as there are now, it's understandable to be frustrated.

Perhaps there are people who are going to come for me because I'm a Renacchi oshi with the same old song of 'but she's pushed for years already, and she's an Undergirl in the Elections and not a HS monster' - but let's make something clear: she's gaining votes, maybe not at a huge scale but at least she isn't ranking down nor being shoved in everyone's faces as the future or abusing or certain antics (hello, Paruru's salty image abuse?). And that's an example to have a mid-profile member in singles - her face may unconsciously become familiar to people gradually, and that's something that would help A LOT to AKB-only members if they are included. Because being realistic, how many new gen members are known by non-fans at least by their face? Tomu was relatively known (or is?) for the 'Party People' stunt in 2015-2016, and she also had the Breath Right campaign.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I wouldn't have brought up Kato Rena but now that you have mentioned her, she has gained votes at a glacial pace, she hasn't increased rank commensurate with the girls who have graduated or sat out the election so in that sense she hasn't lived up to expectations.

There are a couple of things the AKB only people here seem to blithely forget about.

1. Fairness: Sister group members have to do AKB event handshakes, AKB members do not do sister group handshakes. It isn't a choice for sister group members, they are forced to do them and as anyone with half a clue of idol work knows that handshake events are the most demanding and exhausting of all their duties, and sister group members are forced to do much more of them so they have every right to be included on AKB singles and also not be subjected to some arbitrary restriction like 1 per sister group or something ridiculous like that. It would be great for sister group members if they could have some more rest days or some more days for outside work like AKB members get.

Also why should AKB members unfairly benefit from the hard work of sister group members?

2. Revenue: If sister group members aren't included in AKB singles then they shouldn't have to do AKB handshakes. So how does AKS replace the money from the estimated 500k of lost sales?

Also how does AKB deal with the loss of prestige from the loss of the 1m streak?

18. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    *First, i don't give a **** about numbers, nor sales numbers nor individual handshake numbers, fans fascination with those things will always be a mystery for me.
    *Second, i love collaborations but i feel that they should be a special thing, not the common rule.

There is one thing i want, and is to every girl out there in 48g to appear in their respective group singles/albums. Since AKB is actually JPN48, more often than not akb girls get pushed away from their own singles by sg members.
    Being realistic here, what do i think would be a good solution?: B-Sides should always be AKB only, except in very special and very specific occasions. You still get your sg pushes in the A-Side, and the people that actually listen the music and watch the videos get to see the members they love in action.

Another thing that could be done is simply make just 1 JPN48 single a year. Should sg girls participate in akb only handshakes? No. The should only do so if they are kennins. Will stuff like this hurt akb48 sales? Probably, it could also strengthen sg group sales and we would have a more healthy 48g o_O. "Oh, but if they do that we will lose against keya/nogi:asdfgh:" :fp:.

19. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    I agree with whoever said that AKB48 singles should stay AKB48-only singles, while AKB48Group single (A.K.A Janken/Sousenkyo) singles should include both AKB48 members and SG members.
    Senbatsu Single should include the ranking members, as usual, and a Team 8 song (since they don't have their own singles). Possibly another unit song (like Renacchi Senbatsu or SHOWROOM senabtsu).

Janken singles should have a 16-nin A-side (as their did before the whole solo song hubbub), and B-sides by all sister groups, including AKB48 as a sister group (Including Team 8).

But, unfortunately, I don't think it'll ever happen. AKB48 depend on SG's members, and as long as they only care about the money (which they obviously do, it's a business after all) we'll have to maintain the streak, and get AKS their money. Nowadays, being an AKB48 member is way worse than being a SG member, honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

That's AKB Pride for you. Victory at all cost, by draining SG members/group dry in HS event so the AKB fans can boast their superior sales......yet bashing the SG members for some/every senbatsu spot taken from Ori-AKB members ! :whistle:

I chose Option 4:
    Establish a brand new name of sister group, BUT with AKB members inside.
    AKB has long associated with 1 million sales prestige, but not this new group. Should be easier to pave a new road. Start anew.
    The legal process could take 1-2 years prior. Restructuring Akihabara theater, management line of command, etc.
    Guaranteed longer if team 8 is to be included as well.

The setback is,
    - All those AKB purist would bear some years of less than 500k sales for every single of this neo-AKB group.
    (Pretty sure this will create another rant wave).
    - AKB48 may have lesser release per year to accommodate the SGs, Including the neo-AKB group.
    (Of course this "AKB48" won't lost it's million seller legacy. Just cease to exist in physical activity as theater and more as a brand)
    -This plan has no failsafe. (Friendly reminder to SDN48.)

Edit:The shorter term alternative is to replace the word "new group" to "unit single" a la Love Crescendo. Of course with it's own setback.