1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by rka, Jul 11, 2017.

?

Should AKB48 productions include sister group members?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. I don't care.

4. I have a different opinion (please share).

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Where sister groups are concerned, I think it makes sense to include someone in both akb and sg senbatsu for the same single cycle. If the sg girl is in akb senbatsu to promote the sg, then they'd probably expect someone's thought process to be "this girl was cute (or w/e) in that akb song -> oh I recognize her face on the cover of this sg single also -> maybe I should buy the sg single" and thus the sg gets more visibility.

You have a good point about coupling songs, although I like what they did with the High Tension/Shoot Sign B-sides where they made an all-AKB unit with newer members. Although if there are actual spots in a smaller senbatsu, B-side spots could go to more AKB girls...

At the same time, it's kind of difficult to promote the newer sister groups if they don't start putting out their own singles fast. NGT got their first single almost a year and a half after their official debut. If they didn't have coupling songs on AKB singles, it'd kind of knock down the excitement at the theater itself, since these songs actually belong to NGT & it means they're not stuck doing covers of Heavy Rotation or whatever as encore numbers. So I see where the argument for SG coupling songs on AKB singles comes from. On the other hand, if every other AKB single with a super senbatsu has one AKB coupling song and a coupling song from each sister group, can it really be considered fair to AKB members?

Yup, finding a balance is pretty difficult.

2. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Rise from your grave...

They should reformat it in such a way that every girl gets equal exposure or a better chance at exposure..
    1. New 48G singles
    a. This is the AKB48 singles but now renamed into 48G so that it will now represent the entire 48G.
    b. General election and jankken singles will fall under here.
    c. Three singles a year, one for jankken, one for general election and one for management to push their agenda.
    d. yes, remove the solo debut for janken as its lame ass.
    2. Singles for each group. (AKB48, SKE48, NMB48... etc)
    a. each group should have at least 2 singles each year.
    b. coupling songs will now be per team. Each team gets a coupling song
    c. Team coupling songs can be centered by girls from senbatsu but they have to be from that team
    d. All songs should have an MV no matter how low budget it is
    e. Girls with concurrent positions can only center in their primary group. Senbatsu is fair game.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Because sister group members have to work AKB handshakes. At least half of AKB sales are generated by sister group members.

You also don't see AKB members working sister group handshakes.

4. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yeah, I edited.. it posted before I could finish lol
    I forgot about handshakes.. I think it should be like this
    1. mother handshake event (48G). All groups will have to participate here
    2. group hand shakes. only members and teams of that group will participate
    3. promotional hand shakes. this is where any combination of groups and teams can be had because hey, why not.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Considering your 3 months of baptism into this AKB business. This is a good observation, not bad. But there more things to be considered on this topic other than these obvious ones. ;)

6. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Well, this is the most I'd allow myself to take in at this moment of time.. you know, for my sanity's sake :^O^:

7. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Can't AKB48, like, start releasing double a-side singles with an AKB-only a-side, twice or at least once a year? And both a-sides are equally promoted.

8. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Honestly I just wish that they'd use the sister group girls more sparingly especially in Senbatsu. I also wish they'd go back to 21nin Regular Senbatsu and 12nin Media Senbatsu. Given we have 5 sister groups to work with now their biggest drawer should be used in Senbatsu while their 2nd biggest drawer should be used on the main b-side which should also be a 21nin song.

From there they can use a sister group girl from each sister group for each of the type exclusive b-sides. Those choices could be the group's other most popular members or any push babies whole could have their shot at AKB Senbatsu on the single associated with the voting period for SSK. These should be 16nin to reflect the importance of the Senbatsu and Under Girls tracks. This will allow for a better balance of exposure for both sides of the equation.

The only conflict I can see with this is in HKT where they'd have to decide if they want to use Sashihara Rino or Miyawaki Sakura as the Senbatsu rep. I would personally want for them to user Sakura over Rino who has legit nothing left to achieve in this idol empire but still wants to hang around. Outside of SSK she should honestly be gradually passing the torch of primary HKT rep to Sakura.