1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    they do not have much time to learn fluently, and after the program they will debut in Korean, so it still seems confuse

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Probably sub titles initially. Although some may learn basic Korean with the help of other contestants

But I’m sure they’ll be given lessons through the show. I think the Koreans (and other non Japanese contestants) will learn Japanese as well

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    There's a place in Seoul called the Korea Kent Foreign School where some foreign-born Kpop singers have learnt the language - for example Krystal Jung of f(x) (born in San Francisco) and Chonnasorn Sajakul (Sorn) of CLC (born in Bangkok). What I don't know is how long they had to study there before they become proficient in the language.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. trxsh

trxsh Member

OH MY GOSH
    My fantasy of 48 group girls participating is coming true? /edit- ok I found the source (tweet from ithebigc from Kouhaku)
    I can see girls like Tano and Abe doing well
    48g had a lot of great girls who never got justice or werent the wota type (Ishida Anna, Kinoshita Yukiko, Miyamae Ami, Takeuchi Mai) too bad they cant apply, girls like them would be perfect for a jpop-kpop crossover. Anyway I'm super interested now. Still wish theyd get Avex trainees to join as well.

As for language, I guess theyll have interpreters. They can surely communicate with members of their nationality and theyll probably use interpreters for joint activities. A lot of Korean trainees already have to study Japanese also.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    It could still happen. 48G members won’t be the only ones participating

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Oh trust me, it did. You just have to dig deep to find the right threads. PD101 is no joke in Korea and among kpop fans too, but then again, it depends on which people joins the show that hypes up people (Like Jeon Somi, a very popular trainee in JYP aka Twice's label joined S1, I watched the show live every week for the same reason lol). The hype usually doubles when the show starts airing too.

Thank god voting is free in PD101 :hehe:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I didn't went through this tread so I don't know if it's already asked but if they make korean sister group out of it,do you think we gonna see kennins?They already send someone from one the chinese SG so the langage barrier is not exactly an issue!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    They will. It’s been confirmed today that 48G members can audition

• Like Like x 1
  10. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    :blink: They really think that someone will vote for 48G members in Korea?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Kojina Yui came into my mind. Her rank is dwindling and current situation at HKT is not helping at all.

How the voting system works?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    It could happen if Koreans like them enough. Especially if one of them has a backstory like “I made it into AKB48, but never gained popularity despite my hard work” or soenething

It really depends tbh

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    I totally forgot about this, but now I'm excited again.

I asked myself why did they not try to get in to the Korean market earlier. But I found out that the korean market is much smaller than the japanese market. But with K-Pop getting global recognition I can see why this is happening.

My Kpop friends actually think that Produce48 is an intressting idea and they will watch the show.

I can imagine that some AKB songs could be popular in South Korea they just need some ajustments like more sololines and additional vocals and harmonies.

Didn't Myao learn Korean? I can totally see her joining the show with some other less popular members. I don't think that is important that they can speak Korean fluently. They are always foreign contestants in those survival shows that can barely speak Korean.

Anyways I can't wait till it starts.

Maybe if they tell a really sad story of how they never succeded in the 48G or a sad live story they could gain enough attention.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Yes yes yes :glare: Jiina kept ranking down and then disappeared from SSK and now HKT.

• Like Like x 1
  15. trxsh

trxsh Member

They dont have to? It was announced as a show for both Korean and Japanese audience.

But there are some 48g girls who would appeal to a Korean audience.

Ooo, Jina~ I can see her doing well too, shes beautiful and entertaining. And she can sing iirc?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. kamihime

kamihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    If they voted for Ariyoshi Risa they will vote for whoever has a great story or stands out.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Speaking of Ariyoshi Risa, I hope she goes on this Produce 48. She didn’t get the best response on P101 at first, it was actually so bad that even she was surprised she made it past the 1st eliminations. But she ended up improving a lot in one episode, but unfortunately by the time fans started to gain interest in her again, it was to late

This time I could see her having better luck and being more improved since
    ————

I also see Minami Riho being a contestant on this. She is a Japanese model/actress who also made her Korean debut & currently is in a company in Korea. She was also a former JYP trainee and was close to Twice members, especially the Japanese members. And she was on Zico’s (a famous Korean artist) She’s A Baby MV.

She’s also fluent in Korean so I’d see her making it far if the competed

https://twitter.com/imabiggesthit/status/937687936883032064?s=17

• Like Like x 1
  18. kamihime

kamihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    ^ that would be great indeed. But I think Risa is totally focused on modelling now (Lord she has become so elegant!!).
    And yes I root for Riho to join. To think she was set to debut with Momo and Sana at first...
    Also speaking of twice I guess Natty from Sixteen and Idol School might be there...

And finally there was another Japanese trainee in Produce 101 (if I remember we'll, she performed in the Fire team) she was an amazing performer. I hope she could join

• Like Like x 1
  19. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    ^ Yeah that was Niwa Shiori. I think she’s a soloist now, but who knows she may join.

I also see the remaining Real Girls Project members joining. For those who don’t know, RGP is a girl group that had a drama called Idolm@ster.kr which was a Kdrama adaptation to Japanese Idol Game Idolm@ster

7/10 of them are on either The Unit or Mix Nine leaving Jane, Jiseul, & Jiwon who could participate in Produce 48

https://pop1gasa.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/2214379.jpg

It’s kinda a shame Yukika couldn’t go on since she’s on Mix Nine. Than again she’s among the highest ranked girls on the show so I guess it was worth it

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun

About how many members, the announcement cited that they'll have auditions for the applicants right? So not all of applicants can get to the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1