TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    • Like Like x 1
  2. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

I will probably just be rooting for Natty
    that last show she was on was boring

woolim already failed me so I can't root for their trainees

• Like Like x 1
  3. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    High tension

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    They’ll probably have Vocal, Rap, & Dance units for the theatre
    ————

I knew it was the case, but nonetheless excited to hear original music from the group

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Geez Source Music need to get their trainees out of this. They don’t need a new group anytime soon and it’s useless if they get attention but debuts when the hype goes down. I know I’ve said this before but I feel the need to express this again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    The fact that Source Music may not debut a girl group soon is probably a good enough reason if any to send them there. Considering the group is potentially permanent, if they make it they could stay in for as long as necessary until their debut is ready.

• Like Like x 1
  7. welp

welp Next Girls

After the rumor CLC would join, now there is a rumor Cube (so as Pledis) will send no one.

Real mess incoming, SNH's Faka is another SNH's member rumored to join the show. Now, aside from praying for your fave(s) to advance, crossing your fingers for this snake to be eliminated, or vice versa.

I don't think any 48 girls are qualified as trainer, neither those top ones can free their schedule to be. There is no celeb guest in previous seasons but those producers, so the likeliness AKB's top girls will guest is low.

No one can reintroduce what already known/ practiced. I guess you don't know Dia, aka Chaeyeon & friends. I think anyone can tell from this MV who is Chaeyeon, the center.

if the video does not show watch the video here

"K-idols are super behind in being actually entertaining on variety" Hmmph. I think you don't check K-idol out enough. Anyway, my forever variety queen is Goddess Gyuri.

If Jurina will actually guest to teach UZA routine, ones who will struggle most gonna be 48 girls.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

The shade is real. :hehe:
    I almost forget that you never say any nice things about 48G girls. :awesome:

• Like Like x 1
  9. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Previous seasons had celeb trainers like Kahi/Cheetah though I doubt top 48G girls have nearly as much time on their hands to film for an entire season hence why a guest trainer appearance for single stage missions is likely. Just because it hasn't happened in S1/S2 means it can't happen in P48 as it is a relatively cheap way of mediaplaying 48G members to an international audience and would make sense in context of the show if they were prepping for a 48G cover song.

I guess you know DIA far less than me considering Chaeyeon was a literal nugu along with the rest of DIA UNTIL Produce 101 S1 thrust her in the spotlight and allowed her to become one of the most well known new-generation centers in K-pop. Bringing her up literally proves my point that K-pop was reintroduced to the idea of a center by P101 (which was in turn inspired by AKB's system). Doyeon/Yoojung are basically the WMatsui of Weki Meki and Sejeong is the center of Gugudan etc. Pre-IOI the closest things to centers would be Suzy (only in popularity, she still shared screen-time fairly equally) and Hyuna.

It was better back in the days when KARA/SNSD/WG/SISTAR etc were able to interact on idol variety shows but K-variety is pretty dull these days, the closest things you have are Weekly Idol, After School Club and various groups' own V-Lives. TWICE are the best in the game show-wise with their multiple Twice TVs, Elegant Life and other V-live projects (along with broadcasting more regularly on V-live than any other group) but as a Once I can tell you they lack severely in variety skills compared to what AKB has. K-idols are just far too restrained by their culture to let loose and crack sex jokes or roast each other as ugly/failures/fake/dirty etc like what occurs on AKBingo constantly.

Most 48G dances are definitely pretty easy compared to K-pop choreo but you shouldn't underestimate them all. UZA, Fukyouwaon (and to a lesser extent Escape amongst others) are all legitimately hard choreo that would challenge the best K-pop girl dancers. TWICE Momo is considered by many to be one of if not the best new-gen dancer along with Seulgi/Chungha/YooA and she felt challenged by Touchdown which is fairly easy in comparison to UZA. Overall Gfriend and RV are considered to have the most difficult choreos these days for girls and I wouldn't say any of their choreo are more technical or tiring than the 48/46G song choreo I listed. K-pop male choreo is pretty crazy these days, especially NCT but again I would say dance-orientated groups like the EXILE family would be able to match them with their dedicated dancer members.

• Like Like x 1
  10. welp

welp Next Girls

You made absurd points after absurd points.

Kahi was already pro dancer before she debuted as idol. She was the main dancer and involved in all choreographs of After School, the girl group of most intricate choreo, while she still was the leader. Rap trainer should be a famous rapper not a random woman, so, of course, it should be a celeb. Is AKB48 renowned as top dance group or any AKB48's member famous rapper? What a silly point of argument. Also, it's a suicidal idea to do 48 cover in the show.

The argument DIA's agency adopted "center" idea from PD101 was utter bullcrap. Noticeably, Jiyeon was the center of T-ARA, DIA's elder sister group, despite not as blatant.

How on earth Twice's Elegant Lives and Twice TV's are "game" show? "K-pop idols are too restrained? You apparently were unaware Mamamoo exists. About sexual and look dissing skits, I can't see why such lowly jokes should be bragged.

You're proven clueless in dancing. Touchdown is a very dynamic routine, it must be very difficult to synch/ to harmonize all 9 girls in such routine, unsurprisingly, some talented dancers may find it challenging. Momo has done routines of higer technical difficulties such as, those in "Hit the Stage". Actually, aside from "scorpion move", (the move members lay down facing the floor, lift 1 leg up aback and smoothly rise up to standing position) nothing in UZA seems that technically challenging, almost all K-pop idols can do body wave. You can see half of a K-pop girl group, Cosmic Girls, nailed that scorpion move in this video. (At 1:16)

(Before saying K-pop copied AKB again, you better check out that move was introduced into K-pop by Infinite in 2011 via "Before the Dawn".)

Also,Momo is overrated, aside from Chungha and Yooa, there are many better female idol dancers. I guess Yama & Hot Chicks' trainee(s) also are better dancers than her.

Exile's dancers may easily master NCT's dance routines but, they will never be able to sing the song.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

i haven't seen anyone pull off the scorpion move in uza. it's a very hard move to pull off. not even sayanee can pull it off and she's one of the best dancers. and the wjsn members were pretty bad at pulling off the scorpion move too.

jurina is not a very good dancer. there are much more talented dancers in 48g. yumoto ami, ichikawa manami, tano yuka, saito makiko, yokochan, sayanee, fujita nana, etc are pretty damn good. jurina isn't one of them. even yuria was better than her

also chungha kept getting praise as the best dancer in ioi, but yoojung was clearly the best. in literally every dance imaginable. she literally carries weki meki, amazing stage presence.

the whole center idea in kpop still doesn't really mean much. even after produce 101. i just feel it doesn't hold as much weight as it does for 48g. the whole point of center in p101 was to get as much exposure as possible, to gain votes and to rank high enough to make it into the final 11. but even after ioi was formed, somi who ranked #1 blended in with the rest of the ioi members because the term 'center' doesn't hold much weight in kpop.

but i guess when you have 16 members on a stage, center is important

the last time the whole center concept was a big deal in kpop was with yoona in snsd several years ago. i just remember a lot of fans saying yoona center this, yoona center that.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. sarachuu

sarachuu Kenkyuusei

I would say the Kpop version of "center" is "face." Yoona was the "face" of SNSD, which was why she was always at the front of their posters and such. The thing is, the "face" of a group doesn't change with every single like a center usually does. The face is usually the most popular member, or at least the most marketable one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Real Girls Project are rumored to be on Produce 48. Literally the best opportunity for Yukika tbh (she did really good on Mix Nine, but stupid benifit points for teams she wasn’t part of effed her over).

She’s Japanese & is fluent in Korean, plus she’s cute & talented. No way would she not make the group if she goes on.

Fun fact: Yukika actually was on a show that she and former AKB48 Masuyama Kayano were the main characters of.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I don’t know where people came up with the conclusion that Jurina is like the best dancer or is almost always mentioned in the first place. In terms of dancing, Yokoyama Yui, Ishida Anna (so underrated), Saito Makiko, and etc are all way better than Jurina. Sayanee is another one that seems overrated tbh. I don’t know if I just didn’t see enough of her dancing or what but even the so called “dance heavy” Must Be Now choreography looks average.

Most, if not all, 48G dances are average. Members always say how hard it is because they can’t dance.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Some people are saying Kriesha Chu will likely be on the show. May happen since Urban Works are said to be sending their girls on

• Like Like x 1
  16. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

kriesha looks like center material. she's really pretty

• Like Like x 1
  17. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Yes she’s the total package. Pretty, talented, charming, charismatic, can fit into any concept, multilingual, ect

She’d definitely be a center if she ends up on the show

• Like Like x 1
  18. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Don't forget Konomin (Kusaka Konomi) too, who actually choreographed a couple of NMB dances (though that's more creative skill).

• Like Like x 2
  19. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    I only see celebrity judges.
    And hope those trainees get roasted by them.
    And secondly, in Kpop groups, there's no such thing as center, only face of the group. The center of the group are the members. They took turns to be the center of the group in different parts of songs.
    Thirdly, there are many variety shows today. Like happy together, ISAC and etc. And Twice elegant life and their shows are VARIETY shows, not game shows. Also, they can't crack sex jokes or call their fellow colleagues ugly/fake and etc. because they will be bashed online and real life if they call them that. `K idols are too restrained?' I think you should see SNSD on knowing brothers for their 10th anniversary. Sooyoung literally roasted her group members and in earlier years, the members roasted each other too.
    Lastly, I had to agreed that Red Velvet and Gfriend has the one of the most difficult choreos. The exiled family could match them in dance but how about singing.
    Sorry Once, Twice and their members are too overrated nowadays.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Twice were never pushed to have difficult choreos nor has anyone said they have them. The appeal of Twice is that their dances are something many can do (although their choreography has definitely gotten harder since Signal). But they are all still good dancers, especially Momo who’s actually among the best this generation. And as for singing, they’ve showed a vast improvement since debut. As for variety, they are actually pretty funny & do well on survival shows, especially Sana & Dahyun. Nothing about Twice is overrated, haters are just salty that they are a huge success & a wall compared to every other Korean girl group out nowadays. :gavel:

• Like Like x 1