1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. YuriNyanChan

YuriNyanChan Kenkyuusei

They were given an English lesson on season 1 to improve their rap skill so who knows right? And the show will be aired in Korea and Japan.
    I think it is way harder to teach the Japanese contestants to sing in Korean vice versa.

Could be. They might follow The Unit and MIXNINE with w center

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

My skin crawls every time I see someone suggesting that they'll go out of their way to ensure equal representation of the Korean and Japanese sides. PLEASE JUST LET THE GIRLS FIGHT IT OUT.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    So far it seems to be the most fair formula though.

I can't Imagine how bad it would be if the largest audience takes the full controle of the show outcome. (at worst an all japanese girls group)

Keep in mind that the resulting group is most likely meant to taste the water of the Korean market for AKS.
    And a possible sister group in Korea afterward if they meet the expected success.
    Is there still a need to say that the K-pop market is a door open to the world ?

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Nah, I like the idea of there being parity between the countries.

They already changed the 101 to 96 (48x2) to go with it, so I think it's almost certain that the final lineup will have the same amount of members from each country.

Also, have in mind that this is probably another way for AkiP to tell the government that idols can do good in international relations (basically what NGT and STU are doing locally), so having more members from X country would go against that "We are the same" sentiment
    And let's not go into the netizen wars that would ensue if there were more Koreans or Japanese in, saying X country is better than the other, etc.

I still think it should be 16, like the senbatsu.
    I don't want them to have unders or anything.
    First, because no other Kpop group has had unders. And secondly, because starting from 48 and ending with 24 wouldn't be a good survival show. Half of them would get into the group anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  5. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Well I guess that depends on the model of equality that you subscribe to. IMO, in an era without borders it really shouldn't matter where you're from everyone should be treated equally. Anyway, the k-netizens will hate anyway. Regardless of whatever method Mnet choses.

I'm not against the final line up having an equal amount of number though, I just feel like there's no use to saying out right that we're saving 6 spots for Japan and 6 spots for Korea. They might as well train separately and film separately if that's the case. Why bother making the Japanese girls fly back and forth every few days since they're just competing between themselves? I think it's more inspiring and entertaining to see all of them fight for the same goal together.

Anyway, I'm sure the Produce101 line ups are all rigged by the agencies anyway. There's no way JR didn't get enough votes to make it to the final lineup. He was number 1 for a few episodes! And then hot favourite Park Ji Hoon loosing to someone from a CJ E&M subsidiary (i.e. a Mnet sister company)? Ha!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Sure, it would be cheaper, but it's in Korea where the teachers and choreographers are.
    And this will be, ultimately, a K-pop group, so they need to learn from them.

Also, they'll probably perform with the Korean girls throughout the show in different units, so yeah.
    It's better if they get to know each other, learn from each other and see if there's chemistry than just put them together at the end and say These are your colleagues for the next 2.5 years. Bye!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I think once we get the final 6 Japanese and 6 Korean members, they’ll have to fight for their positions/ranks to determine the center.

I’m also anticipating their roles in the group too, like who’s the main vocalist, main dancer, rapper, leader, etc.

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Just a reminder. The group composition is still unknown so far.

9. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    what time is it in Korea? because ayanan is doing instalive right now..

they are still on holiday?

10. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Its almost 2am kst. Hahaha

Excited for nayana. Im not even surprised if its mix of korean jap and some english~

Would be expecting yukirin in A or S class given her experience. Sakura and Jurina have good chances of being centre as well ontop of yuki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    ^
    Let's not forget the less popular ones.
    I can totally see Ikumin beating Jurina.
    And even Hiichan to a lesser extend.
    /bias on.

12. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    While Mnet practically debunked it, Let’s play devils advocate and say Mnet confirmed there will be 6 per side. Which 6 48G girls would you choose? As of now, I’d pick

1. Sakura
    2. Jurina
    3. Tomu
    4. Miku
    5. Miho
    6. Miru

13. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

So this group would consist already established girls? No fresh young blood?

14. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i don't expect to see Tomu or Myao get picked honestly,although i like them
    Ikumin and Aoi i think are going to do well

15. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Already established fanbase of korean wotas give them a bit of a head start so makes sense as an initial prediction. out of that list I'd prob take out Miku and predict a team 8 girl like ikumin, honda hitomi or odaeri but I understand why that user would pick miku. really want miho to get in but understand if she won't necessarily

16. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    It could definitely end up with younger, not so popular girls. I definitely hope so, it would be lame if it was only the more popular girls with maybe 1 exception

Tbh I could no Tomu & Myao getting in. Tomu for her visuals, Myao for her Korean skills (Koreans will likely be impressed by the dedication)

Ikumi & Aoi I definitely see having good chances though

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

If it all depends on the fans, it's probably going to be that.

I hope they just let the fans decide about those in the bottom, and those the teachers praise can go through.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Usually Produce 101 performances end up coming out in like 1-2 months before the show airs, so they may actually have their performance this month

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Don't they have an upcoming music TV show to prepare ?

20. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    That’s what I meant to say, Mcountdown

• Informative Informative x 2